Battling 101 Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any genearl idea when the next round will be up? I've been waiting for this, but I'll be gone for a few days so I don't want to miss sign ups. So if it could happen any day now, I'm going to need to find a way to get online here.

That's the thing with the new round threads. They open when no one predicts them. It could happen anytime, probably when they've rounded up enough tutors. (which could take time depending on whether the number of tutors have time to tutor or not).

Just wondering if anyone knows off hand, how long the tutoring sessions are (I know it's listed as an 8 hour interval, but is that the actual duration? Or is that the time frame which you need to be on to get 1+ hours of tutoring), and how often they are conducted (once, twice,... seven times a week)?

Just wondering if anyone knows off hand, how long the tutoring sessions are (I know it's listed as an 8 hour interval, but is that the actual duration? Or is that the time frame which you need to be on to get 1+ hours of tutoring), and how often they are conducted (once, twice,... seven times a week)?
You and the tutor will have about three weeks to learn as much as possible. The tutoring sessions are decided by you and tutor, whichever times you two are free. Chances are, the two you will have a similar timetable and will be able to make time for tutoring, because the mods are only going to give you tutors with a similar timezone.

this seems to be a good place as any to ask...i hope lol, whats the best UU or NU counter to latias? im tired of seeing this thing everywhere

this seems to be a good place as any to ask...i hope lol, whats the best UU or NU counter to latias? im tired of seeing this thing everywhere
Shouldn't try to use UU/NU pokes to counter something that's Top tier Ou, I'd recommend Blissey or Tyranitar.

As stated before, there will only be one sign up thread. If its locked, it will reopen when the tutors are available again after tutoring their students.

15 posts but you can't post new threads

How are you to go about posting 15 posts when you're underexperienced and replies you post to existing threads lack insight into the game. Like, if you're unfamiliar with the present game, how can you give any insight through a reply. How do you better your team if you're not allowed to start a new thread in the "Rate my Team" section. Where should I go to throw my 15 posts to join the battling 101? Where should I go to see what flaws my current team(s) have? I haven't played since Emerald and am looking for insight into the new game. Should I just reply "I think your team idea is good" 2 times a day for 9 days to get tutored? What does it take for me to post a new thread to the "Rate My Team" section?

I think, after the three weeks of tutoring, you should hold a "tutee tournament" showing who has learnt well. Is this idea viable?

I think, after the three weeks of tutoring, you should hold a "tutee tournament" showing who has learnt well. Is this idea viable?
We actually did this in the past system, but it's no longer viable since every tutor is now going at their own pace. I guess we COULD host a tournament at the end of 3 weeks, but what about tutors who are slower than others? And what about tutors that finished their session in 2 weeks? I'll mull this over some more.

Are some tutors better and more experienced, and/or know more than others? If so, what if someone wanted a more "hardcore" tutor, would they get the request?

Is there a date "cut-off"? As in, say someone has been playing for around four months and wants to be tutored. Would they be allowed to get tutored?

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let me try to restate this question. How often is each round posted?
They do not have an specific time for being posted, that's not the way the system works. In part, it goes depending on the time tutors use to teach their students, once a considerable amount of them are free and ready to get another tutee, the thread reopens.

Are some tutors better and more experienced, and/or know more than others? If so, what if someone wanted a more "hardcore" tutor, would they get the request?
The level of experience is not an standard, therefore, there are tutors that are better than the rest at teaching something in particular (i.e.: team building, strategy, etc). You can read tutor's applications and request someone who fits the profile you're looking for.

Is there a date "cut-off"? As in, say someone has been playing for around four months and wants to be tutored. Would they be allowed to get tutored?
If I have understood properly, no, the applicant doesn't need to have been playing for a considerable amount of time. But obviously, it must have participated a bit in the community, and also have an idea of competitive terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)