Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv'e read the Metagross analysis, and it doesn't answer this qiestion, so: should Metagross use Zen Headbutt, or it has bad coverage?
Psychic moves generally have bad coverage so using them if you have another STAB is generally not worth it. The only real use for it, IMO, is 2HKOing defensive Rotom-A with a Choice Band. Even at that, being locked into a Psychic move lets powerful Pokemon like Tyranitar and Metagross switch in for free.

Edit: Evil Ragoo, I think this thread is what you want.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67702

Is Psychic at least good defensive typing? Iv'e read the "better know a type-Psychic" and it says yes...

Is Ice Punch a good option on Metagross? Also, MUST CBGross run Explosion? And should Metagross be running Zen Headbutt at all?

(Please don't tell me to go and read the analysis-I tried to do that but the strategy page doesn't work...)

Psychic moves generally have bad coverage so using them if you have another STAB is generally not worth it. The only real use for it, IMO, is 2HKOing defensive Rotom-A with a Choice Band. Even at that, being locked into a Psychic move lets powerful Pokemon like Tyranitar and Metagross switch in for free.

Edit: Evil Ragoo, I think this thread is what you want.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67702
Yes, i know. I already posted there but nobody is replying there. So I came here to try and get more people to see it.

Is Psychic at least good defensive typing? Iv'e read the "better know a type-Psychic" and it says yes...
Not really, as Psychic only resists Fighting and Psychic (or maybe more, I kind of forgot). It is vulnerable to Dark (i.e. Pursuit, but that's not too big of an issue for Metagross), Ghost (Rotom says hi), and Bug. As Psychic-type moves are not as prevalent in OU, the weaknesses outweigh the resistances, so Psychic is a poor defensive type. That's the big reason why Cresselia got dropped from OU.

EDIT: The moves page on the Smogon site will not work, so I'm gonna ask my question here. What is the priority value for Sleep Talk? Also, if when using Sleep Talk you choose an attack with a lower priority, will the selected move execute at Sleep Talk's priority?

EDIT: The moves page on the Smogon site will not work, so I'm gonna ask my question here. What is the priority value for Sleep Talk? Also, if when using Sleep Talk you choose an attack with a lower priority, will the selected move execute at Sleep Talk's priority?
Sleep Talk is a normal priority move. That's why when you use Sleep Talk to select moves like Roar and Whirlwind (which normally have negative priorities) you can use a fast Pokemon to blow the opponent out first.

Is Ice Punch a good option on Metagross? Also, MUST CBGross run Explosion? And should Metagross be running Zen Headbutt at all?

(Please don't tell me to go and read the analysis-I tried to do that but the strategy page doesn't work...)
Ice Punch can OHKO Gliscor switching in and is your best attack against Zapdos (although, Physically Defensive ones will survive it and can Roost before you can hit them again). Ice Punch is also your best option in the fourth slot if you plan on Baton Passing +2 Attack and Speed to it. Here's what the analysis says about Explosion:

Explosion can be dropped to run both ThunderPunch and Bullet Punch, but it is difficult to give up the raw power that Explosion provides for this set. Dropping Explosion is only recommended if your team benefits from the added type coverage ThunderPunch provides along with having an effective priority move.
So you should really only drop it if you need ThunderPunch and Bullet Punch and I can't think of an instance where you would off the top of my head. I wouldn't run Zen Headbutt, since ThunderPunch gives better coverage and there are other ways to deal with Rotom-A like Pursuit.

So I beat the Kimono Girls at the Dance Theater, and want to go to the Pokemon League, but Lyra won't let me go there. Do I have to battle Ho-oh first? And if I beat Ho-oh, will it reappear after I beat the Elite Four? I hope so, because I really don't want to have to worry about catching it now with my underleveled team.

If you get a Pokemon that was hatched in a trade over the GTS, is it supposed to say that the Pokemon was hatched from an egg, or where it was hatched? I ask because someone traded me a Shiny Cyndaquil for a Pinsir (I already know it's hacked, as it is at level 1 but in an Ultra Ball), but all it states is "Apparently met at Lv. 1." It seems like it's from a Japanese cart due to the name being in Japanese (although the OT is in English letters), if that makes any difference.

So I beat the Kimono Girls at the Dance Theater, and want to go to the Pokemon League, but Lyra won't let me go there. Do I have to battle Ho-oh first? And if I beat Ho-oh, will it reappear after I beat the Elite Four? I hope so, because I really don't want to have to worry about catching it now with my underleveled team.
Yes you have to fight Ho-oh, and yes it will reappear. What I wonder though is if the IVs will be set after the first battle and whether Ho-oh can be shiny after the Elite 4 if it wasn't before.

Ice Punch can OHKO Gliscor switching in and is your best attack against Zapdos (although, Physically Defensive ones will survive it and can Roost before you can hit them again). Ice Punch is also your best option in the fourth slot if you plan on Baton Passing +2 Attack and Speed to it. Here's what the analysis says about Explosion:

So you should really only drop it if you need ThunderPunch and Bullet Punch and I can't think of an instance where you would off the top of my head. I wouldn't run Zen Headbutt, since ThunderPunch gives better coverage and there are other ways to deal with Rotom-A like Pursuit.
Could I run MM/EQ/Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt?
If I run Agiligross, should I run Zen Headbutt, or at no reason at all?

What movesets make the best use of Ice Punch on Metagross? I remember the RestTalk set from the analysis (when I could still read it...), but any other ideas?

For the record, peeps, a good way to get around the Smogon servers being down is to use the Google cache.

Say you want the move sets for Crobat. Typing "site:smogon.com/dp Crobat" gives it as the first hit. Then, instead of clicking the link, click "Cached."

Thank God for the Google Bots, eh?

On average, how much time does it usually take to soft reset for a shiny legendary?
For example im doing it for lugia.
I believe Lugia's a Method J Pokemon. See the article on RNG mechanics. They have spreadsheets you can comb through.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#spreadsheets

I just beat Clair and answered the Dragon Master's questions with 6 Pokémon in my party. He did not mention anything about giving me a Dratini. I came back with an open space, and he still wouldn't mention anything about a Dratini, and neither would anyone else in the shrine.

How exactly do I get the ExtremeSpeed Dratini? If I have a full party of Pokémon when I answer his questions, am I never going to be able to get it? I know I answered the questions properly, but even if I didn't, I should still get a regular Dratini...

I just beat Clair and answered the Dragon Master's questions with 6 Pokémon in my party. He did not mention anything about giving me a Dratini. I came back with an open space, and he still wouldn't mention anything about a Dratini, and neither would anyone else in the shrine.

How exactly do I get the ExtremeSpeed Dratini? If I have a full party of Pokémon when I answer his questions, am I never going to be able to get it? I know I answered the questions properly, but even if I didn't, I should still get a regular Dratini...
You should make your way out of the Dragon's Den. Clair should then give you the TM for Dragon Pulse, after which you can go back and the Elder will give you a Dratini.

If you answer the questions wrong, you don't get ExtremeSpeed but you do get a Dratini.

If you have the party full at the time, and subsequently didn't get one then either it does not allow you to get one without a free slot or possibly it sent it to the PC automatically.

I've been hearing a lot about semi-stall teams lately, but I'm having some trouble getting a firm grasp on what such a team might look like. So far all I have a feel for is wearing down the opponent with 3-4 stall Pokemon using residual damage, and then cleaning up with 2-3 revenge killers and/or late-game sweepers. How accurate a picture is that? Can somebody point me in the direction of some good RMTs or articles that might clarify the picture for me some?

Anybody?

Kingdra is OU...
Is it legal to get Premier Balls in any way and RNG legitimate Pokemon to catch with? It's just that the Premier Ball suits Scizor so well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)