Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Im abusing the "fixed Jolly natured" Pichu Wondercard,going for the Hew flawless spread on frame 116.
I hit my seed,advace the frames to 110,wait for the NPC to advance the frames by 5 and talk to the man.(110[flips] + 1[starting frame] + 5[NPC]).

I got this spread 24/10/4/31/20/1,which as method 1,shows up on frame 116 according to the RNG reporter.

Why?

YodaJM @ Thanks, that should save me a lot of time :D

Is there a way to get multiple IV spreads into shiny into one ID/SID combination?

andrea

/me cresselias
OH!!! I remember now. You need to use the wondercard IVs selection from the list of methods. Not method 1.

@Emily- Please stop spamming this thread with questions that can easily be answered by reading the first few posts in this thread.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Last question...
So I can quit bugging ye guys...
I'm still in the early stages of the game, so what's the best way of checking your average delays?
All I could think of is capturing the Sudowuddo, with 10 rare candies just in case.
(And I must check my seed before meeting the 2 running tigers)

Is it an effective way of checking?

And BTW, I was wondering when will be the seed of the wild Sudowuddo be generated?

Is it after the message "Wild Sudowuddo Attacked!" (or something like that) ?
Or after you first "talked" to that false piece of lumber (lol) ?

Thankx for answering in advance...
Please...

Maybe a stupid question but is it normal for the frames for the egg RNG to be erratic? I mean I've been mashing A and L after the screen blackouts from the journal and the frame ranges from 7 -10...

andrea

/me cresselias
I'm still in the early stages of the game, so what's the best way of checking your average delays?
All I could think of is capturing the Sudowuddo, with 10 rare candies just in case.
(And I must check my seed before meeting the 2 running tigers)

Is it an effective way of checking?

And BTW, I was wondering when will be the seed of the wild Sudowuddo be generated?
Is it after the message "Wild Sudowuddo Attacked!" (or something like that) ?
Or after you first "talked" to that false piece of lumber (lol) ?

Thankx for answering in advance...
Please...
@Emily- Please stop spamming this thread with questions that can easily be answered by reading the first few posts in this thread.
I see you don't read very well. I just posted this.

Anyways. I repeat myself. Go read the first few posts of this thread. Try the in-game RNG guides that have been written for DPPt right here. Calibration is essentially the same.

Get in game, catch a pokemon, find its IVs, plug it into RNG reporter and find the seed/delay/etc. Rinse, lather, repeat. >_<

The seed is generated when you enter the game world.

Now, please read these guides and the posts before you ask any more questions. Most of the answers are right there for your convenience.

YodaJM @ Thanks, that should save me a lot of time :D

Is there a way to get multiple IV spreads into shiny into one ID/SID combination?
OmegaDonut has them grouped together. The problem with filtering is you will probably filter some of the group members. So I guess just highlight the row with the spread you like, and reset your filters. Then go back to that row and check the rest of the group out.

I meant you will probably filter out some of the group members (they won't show up if they don't match your filter conditions).

So once you find a spread you like, reset your filters (turn whatever rules you turned on off), so you can see the rest of the group for the spread you liked.

Timid
31/31/31/31/31/31
Seed: D2140289
Method K Frames: 71 with syncher, 87 without syncher.

Using this, w/the 87, emloop gave me 1.45 seconds.
That's bad, right?
By the time I SR when the first timer hit's 0, I get 1 second to enter the game.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Timid
31/31/31/31/31/31

That's bad, right?
By the time I SR when the first timer hit's 0, I get 1 second to enter the game.
What the hell, Giritina-man.

This is not Emerald.

Timid
31/31/31/31/31/31

That's bad, right?
Frame is different then delay. The delay is 639 in the year 2010, so you'll probably want to switch to 2009 for 640, or 2011 for 638.

You start with a frame of 1, and advance with the radio/walking 128 steps with pokes in your party.

I has the 5 pokes and would prefer the walking............even though I don't have the Counter.
So, what do I do about the emloop. It's supposed to work where I just enter the game, SR at the right time, and then enter when the second timer hits 0, right?

I'm trying to hit this seed in DPPt for registeel.

Impish
31/31/31/17/31/31
Seed: 4e1003b2
Method J Frames: 1 with syncher

I just need to hit my delay (936 with pikatimer) and make sure that there isn't a capture/defeated page on my first page journal and I should get those stats right ?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to hit this seed in DPPt for registeel.

Impish
31/31/31/17/31/31
Seed: 4e1003b2
Method J Frames: 1 with syncher

I just need to hit my delay (936 with pikatimer) and make sure that there isn't a capture/defeated page on my first page journal and I should get those stats right ?
That and don't have any roamers out. But that should work.

Hey guys, I got an error when installing the .NET Framework needed...Any help?

"Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET framework is incompatible with a previously installed one. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/5/00.asp"

I has the 5 pokes and would prefer the walking............even though I don't have the Counter.
So, what do I do about the emloop. It's supposed to work where I just enter the game, SR at the right time, and then enter when the second timer hits 0, right?
Yeah, though you'll want to calibrate first, as it doesn't take into account the amount of time it takes for the game to load. I find that 910 is my delay for hitting 660, if I don't have my AR in. And if I do have it in, then 1060 is my delay for hitting 660.

Does anyone know if using repel stops the 128 steps from advancing the frame? I was thinking of using a "Max Repel" to count for me.

"Max Repel" gives me 250 steps.
128 steps + 128 steps = 256 steps

After the "Max Repel" runs out you walk six more steps and do whatever you have to do.
Sweet Scent, walking a step to trigger an event, or pressing "A" to battle.

Will it work?

Question about RNG captures. When you do hit your delay and advance the frame to your target, is there a way to know which pokemon you'll encounter? I'm currently trying to capture a Swarm pokemon (Cubone). Do I have to keep hitting my delay/advance frame/Sweet Scent until I encounter a Cubone?

Does anyone know why the X-Act's IV to PID Applet says "No Possibilities" when I entered in the exact IV's of my shiny Haunter in Pokemon Pearl Version?
The gastly was hatched....But I do not know why when I leveled it to 98 using rare candies from 1...I found out the IV's using the Serebii.net calculator and it says NO possibilities?

Does anyone know if using repel stops the 128 steps from advancing the frame? I was thinking of using a "Max Repel" to count for me.

"Max Repel" gives me 250 steps.
128 steps + 128 steps = 256 steps

After the "Max Repel" runs out you walk six more steps and do whatever you have to do.
Sweet Scent, walking a step to trigger an event, or pressing "A" to battle.

Will it work?
Max repel nor any repel does not stop the 128 step counter, nor does it stop the 1 frame per turn/move in areas were there are wild pokemon.

Edit:
Does anyone know why the X-Act's IV to PID Applet says "No Possibilities" when I entered in the exact IV's of my shiny Haunter in Pokemon Pearl Version?
The gastly was hatched....But I do not know why when I leveled it to 98 using rare candies from 1...I found out the IV's using the Serebii.net calculator and it says NO possibilities?
It has to be a pokemon you caught, not hatched.

edit #2:
Question about RNG captures. When you do hit your delay and advance the frame to your target, is there a way to know which pokemon you'll encounter? I'm currently trying to capture a Swarm pokemon (Cubone). Do I have to keep hitting my delay/advance frame/Sweet Scent until I encounter a Cubone?
You'll want to look at the encounter slots, those will say what pokemon is caught at that frame, it is always the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)