Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Question about RNG captures. When you do hit your delay and advance the frame to your target, is there a way to know which pokemon you'll encounter? I'm currently trying to capture a Swarm pokemon (Cubone). Do I have to keep hitting my delay/advance frame/Sweet Scent until I encounter a Cubone?
and again this post explain what pokemon will appear http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821938&postcount=5

encounter slots determine which pokemon will appear for which frame in a certain area. To view them input the seed your using into RNG reporter's main menu, the IVs you want click generate. Then find the spread you want with its corresponding information right click and an option should appear that says " calculate encounter slots"press that and it should give you the encounter slots for sweetscenting.

Well I've been gone for a while, haven't really gotten much done since RNG came out. BUT I just SRed an Adamant Jirachi with 31 attack and 31 Speed :o How much would something like this be worth now that RNG is out? Is it devalued at all, totally worthless, same value? Thanks to whoever answers ^_^

Okay I am in front of Lugia, both dogs are fainted, I just need to catch Lugia and determine the frame so I can get a set then I put in the time and date then I start the game at the exact time and I should be able to get my set right? Also since Lugias cave has no pokemon or moving NPCs do I have to go outside and walk for the RNG to advance at all? Or is there another way to advance the RNG when I am right in front of Lugia?

Does turning (with Repel on) where there are wild pokemon in grass really advance RNG by 1? I just hit my delay and had to advance the frame by 197. I did 98 Journal flips and turned to the left, which should be 197 RNG advancements (no roamers out). However I hit frame 196. What's a reliable way of advancing the RNG by just 1 where there are wandering NPC's?

Its pretty much the same as DPPt, but you don't have the Poketch apps to verify seeds and advance the RNG.

You need to capture a pokemon of high enough level to get its IVs to check your seed. Also use Method K for the stationary legendaries, not Method J.

Check out post #2 for HGSS specific info.

Its pretty much the same as DPPt, but you don't have the Poketch apps to verify seeds and advance the RNG.

You need to capture a pokemon of high enough level to get its IVs to check your seed. Also use Method K for the stationary legendaries, not Method J.

Check out post #2 for HGSS specific info.
Thanks!
I should look next time though...
Also do we still have to do the calibration phase for HG/SS? Its not mentioned in post #2.

When RNGing running Latios, since there is a moving NPC around how many frames does it advance? If I RNG across the room and ran to the door I mean. Or is it just trial and error?

Does anyone know if using repel stops the 128 steps from advancing the frame? I was thinking of using a "Max Repel" to count for me.

"Max Repel" gives me 250 steps.
128 steps + 128 steps = 256 steps

After the "Max Repel" runs out you walk six more steps and do whatever you have to do.
Sweet Scent, walking a step to trigger an event, or pressing "A" to battle.

Will it work?
I was wondering how people were counting their steps. This is incredibly clever.

If im RNGing Raikou in HG and advance to my frame of 237 by turning 236 times and then interact with Raikou, can anything possibly go wrong (apart from me not hitting the right seed)?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If im RNGing Raikou in HG and advance to my frame of 237 by turning 236 times and then interact with Raikou, can anything possibly go wrong (apart from me not hitting the right seed)?
well the main thing as that turning or taking step in an area with wild pokemon no longer consistently advances the frames by 1 it can be from 1-4 frames advancements, so you may want use the radio as opposed to steps or turns and you can also use sweet scent to get your frame to jump to a higher number

well the main thing as that turning or taking step in an area with wild pokemon no longer consistently advances the frames by 1 it can be from 1-4 frames advancements, so you may want use the radio as opposed to steps or turns and you can also use sweet scent to get your frame to jump to a higher number
Thanks
Ill try the radio

If you hit your seed, but get the wrong spread, how do you check how many frames you were off by? And if your spread requires a syncronizer, will it still be a 50/50 shot at getting the spread, even if you hit the seed and correct frames, or will it always be the spread since nothing is supposed to be random?

How many frames does Sweet Scent advance in HGSS? I looked at the front page but there's nothing about sweet scent in the HGSS section.

I'm trying RNG breeding in DPPt, and am in the second calibration phase where I'm trying to find my frame. The guide says I should use the frame that came up most often. However, I've done six trials, and this number seems to be all over the place. I got 7, 7, 4, 4, 8, and 9.

I don't have a particular frame that appears most often. Did I do something wrong, or should I just search in the 7/8/9 area, since that seems to be where most of my values are?

Okay I am in front of Lugia, both dogs are fainted, I just need to catch Lugia and determine the frame so I can get a set then I put in the time and date then I start the game at the exact time and I should be able to get my set right? Also since Lugias cave has no pokemon or moving NPCs do I have to go outside and walk for the RNG to advance at all? Or is there another way to advance the RNG when I am right in front of Lugia?
Can anyone answer my question plz?

Can anyone answer my question plz?
YES.... you have to be out the cave to advance the RNG by Radio or walking the steps... but the radio is MUCH better because the steps are VERY inconsistent.... and about Lugia... no... you can't advance it in front of him... but just go outside the cave (save there) and use the radio....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)