Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your first question, I'm assuming you want a DD/Flamethrower Charmander. In that case, get a female one and then breed it with the Bagon, then have it learn Flamethrower as it levels up (or use the TM if you're impatient. Better yet, use the TM on Bagon so all the Charmander hatchlings get it).

As for the second one, it's simple: Lileep can't learn EQ. It's like you're expecting to get a Flying Charmander from a Charizard with Fly.

In the Battle Tower, near the PC, the same as Platinum.
Actually, I wanted the Bagon with Dragon Dance and Flamethrower for my offensive Salamence. And yeah, I guess your answer makes sense, Cradily can learn EQ from the TM so I just assumed Lileep could too.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What is the best counter for Tyranitar, Salamence, and Latias in one, but is also resistant(at least neutral) to stealth rock and toxic spikes? I already have Scizor on my team, but I need another backup counter for specifically these three threats and most bulky waters as well. Thanks for the help!
Physical Scarf Jirachi fits pretty much everything you specified. No Tyranitar will risk staying in on Iron Head, and a resistance to Dragon and Ice Punch help against the latter two. You also tie with +1 Salamence and possibly can revenge it. Make sure to try and bait a resisted or neutral move, since Tar and Mence commonly run SE moves.

It doesn't do too well against bulky waters, but for your purposes it should be fine.

Which Bold Suicune set is probably the best team-player?

Crocune: (Surf/Rest/Calm Mind/Sleep Talk)
Calm Mind Shuffle: Surf/Calm Mind/Roar/ Rest or HP Electric or Ice Beam)
Sleep Talk: Surf/Rest/Sleep Talk/Roar

Also, is 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed preferred or 252 HP/252 Defense/SpeAtk preferred?

I'm probably running a stall or semi-stall team... My current Suicune has been 252 eved in Defense and HP, so I'd like someone to tell me what to put the last four in!

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, if I knock out a legendary Pokemon and defeat the Elite Four to reset it, will it's nature, ivs, etc. reset too, or are they set at the first encounter?

You should probably just use crocune or the shuffler for a bold suicune. Rest talk roar can probably be done better by gyarados on hardcore stall imo.

In regards to the last 4 EVs, they do not matter that much; however, I'd put them into speed anyway because usually that is where extra EVs should go if you have nowhere to put them. 1 point in Special attack won't really do shit when you're calm minding up anyway.

so how bout that trapinch?
Place 20 Rocky blocks in the desert area of the Safari Zone and wait 30 days. Serebi says you have to interact with it so it should be standing right there. You can also place 20 Forrest blocks in the desert area and wait 20 days for a Vibrava. I think think the game might tell you which blocks are which and the rocky blocks might be known as peak blocks since serebi uses the translated Japanese names.

Which Bold Suicune set is probably the best team-player?

Crocune: (Surf/Rest/Calm Mind/Sleep Talk)
Calm Mind Shuffle: Surf/Calm Mind/Roar/ Rest or HP Electric or Ice Beam)
Sleep Talk: Surf/Rest/Sleep Talk/Roar

Also, is 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed preferred or 252 HP/252 Defense/SpeAtk preferred?

I'm probably running a stall or semi-stall team... My current Suicune has been 252 eved in Defense and HP, so I'd like someone to tell me what to put the last four in!
The ones with Roar are probably the best team players but if you already have a phazer or aren't worried about Baton Pass, then Crocune will be the most effective especially if you have Toxic Spikes. It can also stall very well since you can simply attack the turns you're asleep instead of wasting PP using Sleep Talk if you need to.

Edit:
Looking for some input.. best pokeball to catch shiny ho-oh?

Having trouble deciding. What do you all think?

(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...r_4d_250_s.png) - for reference.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I like the way things look when they first come out of a Quick Ball but you might like the diamonds that a Heal Ball makes as well. I can't really see any ball whose exterior would suit a shiny Ho-oh.

You should probably just use crocune or the shuffler for a bold suicune. Rest talk roar can probably be done better by gyarados on hardcore stall imo.

In regards to the last 4 EVs, they do not matter that much; however, I'd put them into speed anyway because usually that is where extra EVs should go if you have nowhere to put them. 1 point in Special attack won't really do shit when you're calm minding up anyway.
Isn't Crocune basically the same thing as a Sleeptalker? I guess Calm Mind Shuffle works, right? Because I can kill and phase...

Hey I was wondering if anybody could give me a basic tutoring of Pokésav, like how to get it and use it effectively and efficiently and as close to legally as possible, and if I will have to buy anything or what. This might be a bit of information, so private message me if you think it will take up too much space in this thread. Many thanks in advance

Isn't Crocune basically the same thing as a Sleeptalker? I guess Calm Mind Shuffle works, right? Because I can kill and phase...
Crocune is a boosting sleep talker, other sleep talkers generally have a move to replace calm mind and are not nearly as threatening. The shuffle is good if you are looking for phazing in addition to a pretty good sweeper. I would try both out though.

Hey I'm trying to find an elekid/ electabuzz because I want Electivire and I know you need to put fire red in your DS and then go to valley windworks, but is their any other way you can find one? Could i find one in the power plant in Kanto in Heart Gold just like the original games, or did they take out Electabuzz because on Serebii that wasn't one of his locations?

Crocune is a boosting sleep talker, other sleep talkers generally have a move to replace calm mind and are not nearly as threatening. The shuffle is good if you are looking for phazing in addition to a pretty good sweeper. I would try both out though.
So... is Suicune a better phaser or a better sweeping tank? Can someone just pick a set for me?

Hey I'm trying to find an elekid/ electabuzz because I want Electivire and I know you need to put fire red in your DS and then go to valley windworks, but is their any other way you can find one? Could i find one in the power plant in Kanto in Heart Gold just like the original games, or did they take out Electabuzz because on Serebii that wasn't one of his locations?
You can find them right outside the Power Plant in HGSS. For some reason, Serebi only put this in the Details section. You can also get Elekid in the Suburban Area and Amity Meadow in the Pokewalker. You can also get Electerizers in the Amity Meadow.

You can get one on the Pokéwalker! (Suburban Area).

According to Bulbapedia, you can find Electabuzz on Route 222 in Platinum and Route 10 in HG.

If XXXXX pokemon under the sleep status AND the confusion status tries to use the move Sleep Talk (which is a move that uses one of the other three available moves while asleep) do you still have a chance to hurt yourself under confusion?

(^(-_-)) - zZz??

Snorlax is asleep. Snorlax used Sleep Talk! Snorlax is confused. It hurt itself in confusion!!!

Something like that^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)