My First RMT(C+C Please)

-----Alright well as you can see from my post count and you will see from my obvious lack of common knowledge, I have just began looking into Competitive Pokemon battle. After lurking for a few days to find the right format and the right Sub-Forum, I would really like opinons and constructive critiscism on the team I plan on building for Wi-FI and tournaments and the such. If I do make many newb-ish mistakes please feel free to point them out as bluntly as nessecary, as I can use all the help I can get. And without further adeue', my team:
-----------==Team At A Glance==------------
---------------

-------------==Objective==--
The objective of my team is built around physical sweeping and getting slight damage off of Stealth Rock, status effects, and sacrifice set-up Pokemon. I concentrated on a team that built off of one another's weaknesses and worked off of Pokemon which I havn't seen too much of in other RMT and Warstories.
------------==In-Depth Run Down==------------
----------------------

Role: Anti-Lead
Nature: Jolly(+SPE,-SP.ATK)
Ability:Inner Focus
EV Spread: 252SPE/252ATK/4HP
Held Item: Choice Scarf
Moves:
-Extremespeed
-Dragon Rush
-Thunderwave
-Roost

Dragonite's purpose is to throw the opponent off guard with a lead Dragon, then anticipate wether or not there will be a Taunt. Knowing that Dragonite is not the fastest of any pokemon in the OU tier, CS helps with that nice boost of speed. With the possible risk of an opposite lead not having Trick, Dragonite can feel safe with Dragon Rush as no Pokemon has an immunity to it and STAB with maxed EV attack provides decent damage to anything in his way. If Trick does become a problem then Taunt wouldn't be an issue and Dragonite would be free to Thunderwave any leads(sans Ground leads which appear to be few and far)into the comfort of a switch out. With the switch out into a possible Flygon or Heatran running a high risk, Dragonite can safely Roost away 4x ice weakness and extra weakness to that pesky Stealth Rock that may come up.

*NOTE* I want to find a way to make Dragonite my lead Pokemon in my team, if this set doesn't work please suggest one that would.

----------------------

Role: Toxic Spiker Annoyance
Nature: Jolly(+SPD,-SP.ATK)
Ability: Sniper
EV Spread: 252ATK/126DEF/126SP.DEF/4SPE
Held Item: Razor Claw
Moves:
-Toxic Spikes
-Pursuit
-Cross Poison
-Knock Off

Drapion has the amazing versitilaty of being not only an unexpected pokemon in the OU Tier but can act as a Lead in disguise. After taking priorty and setting Toxic Spikes at least once, all that's needed for this set up, Drapion can go ahead and begin to Pursuit switch outs and Knock Off any pesky items that'll help the opposing side. After all said and done, Drapion can either switch out to be saved for later or Cross Poison his way through, leaving for high chance of strengthend critical hits. Great type coverage and so-so defenses allow Drapion to take a hit or two before going down so with a little luck, two layers of Toxic Spikes can go and injure the opponent.

*NOTE*This spot is honestly just an idea and would gladly appreciate someone who can fill this spot, even if it isn't a Toxic Spiker.*
--------------------

Role: Stealth Sweeper
Ability: Rock Head
EV Spread: 252ATK/252SPE
Held Item: Thick Club
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Punch
-Bonemerang
-Outrage

Marowak's main goal in this team is to establish Stealth Rock then bid good day. If he's in a position to stay and play, Thunderpunch takes care of the dreaded Gyardoas, long as Thick Club does what it's supposed to, Bonemerang can cruch any Subsitutes that Blissey would like for later(or at least dent the subsitute), and Outrage is purely a suicidal rage that should do a nice amount of damage. Being as time is of the escense for marowak, SD can't find a place on this set up and Focus Sash wouldn't suffice for if Marowak can do anything more. Thick Club provides that much extra power, acting as the poor Marowak's Soul Dew.

*Note* I want to find a way to keep Marowak in with this set but if someone can give me an idea of possibly a better EV spread, that'd be great.*
--------------------

Role: Sub-Seed Sweeper
Nature:Jolly(+SPD,-SP.ATK)
Ability: Poison Heal
EV Spread:236 HP / 248 Def / 24 Spe
Held Item: Poison Orb
Moves:
-Spore
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Subsitute

I honestly wanted to try and deviate from the Smogon set given but it's just to perfect for the little fungus fighter. He should be popular enough to be known what he's meant to do. Spore any opponent in the way, Leech Seed them while their down, establish Subsitute, and safely go on a wrecking spree across anyone and anything who esn't a Ghost type. of course if a Ghost does become an issue, simply stall them out and wait for the obvious switch out.

*Note* Between Gallade and Breloom, they are the focus of this team, I would like to keep Brellom in.*
--------------------

Role: Main Sweeper
Nature:Adamant(+ATK,-SP.ATK)
Ability: Steadfast
EV Spread:4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Held Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Punch
-Close Combat
-Pyscho Cut

My favorite Pokemon and the lmain attraction of my team, Gallade works hand in hand with the support of the earlier Pokemon to clean up whatever Breloom left Behind. Taking advantage of the possibilities of Gallade's status affecting moves and his powerful...power, Gallade has moves that cover all the bases, which explains Expert Belt over Life Orb or Choice Band. Gallade has a decent amount of health but when considering Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes/Spikes and Life Orb recoil, it adds up on Gallade. Ice Punch covers flying weakness and has nice coverage over Dragons, Pyscho Cut and Close Combat are powerful enough without STAB and Expert Belt. Thunderwave hinders anyone that's left who is faster and leaves a nice opening for possible para-miss.

*Note*Between Breloom and Gallade, they're the main focus of my team, I would like a way to fit this set u[ into my team no matter what.
--------------------

Role: Closing/Special Sweeper
Nature:Timid(+SPE,-ATK)
Ability: Levitate
EV Spread:4 HP/252 SP.ATK/252 SPE
Held Item: Life Orb
Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater

As I looked over my team for the last time before posting this, I realized I needed a Special Sweeper to cover all my bases. I looked at possible candidates and Gengar fit the bill. Between the really high Special Attack and access to Dream Eater being USEFUL for gengar, I decided to work around what Smogon had and Dream Eater. Rocking 3 immunities isn't half bad and with Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball covering nicely, there's room for Dream Eater and Hypnosis. Consdering he's meant to be last but not least, whomever he faces will be susectable or already asleep, leaving a nice Dream Eater to get LO boost and then healed by the fact that Dream Eater is like Giga Drain for the wickid.

*Note* The only thing I would like to keep with Gengar is Hypnosis/Dream Eater but if a better set is suggested, by all means help please.

And that's my team, through and through. With a Physical Sweep focus and Stealth Rock support, i think my team would be able to hold it's own in Competitive Battle. Here's a last look at my team and don't forget to comment and make constructive critiscm because I can need it.
-----------==Last Look==------------

-----Alright well as you can see from my post count and you will see from my obvious lack of common knowledge, I have just began looking into Competitive Pokemon battle. After lurking for a few days to find the right format and the right Sub-Forum, I would really like opinons and constructive critiscism on the team I plan on building for Wi-FI and tournaments and the such. If I do make many newb-ish mistakes please feel free to point them out as bluntly as nessecary, as I can use all the help I can get. And without further adeue', my team:
-----------==Team At A Glance==------------
---------------

-------------==Objective==--
The objective of my team is built around physical sweeping and getting slight damage off of Stealth Rock, status effects, and sacrifice set-up Pokemon. I concentrated on a team that built off of one another's weaknesses and worked off of Pokemon which I havn't seen too much of in other RMT and Warstories.
------------==In-Depth Run Down==------------
----------------------

Role: Anti-Lead
Nature: Jolly(+SPE,-SP.ATK)
Ability:Inner Focus
EV Spread: 252SPE/252ATK/4HP
Held Item: Choice Scarf
Moves:
-Extremespeed
-Dragon Rush
-Thunderwave
-Roost

Dragonite's purpose is to throw the opponent off guard with a lead Dragon, then anticipate wether or not there will be a Taunt. Knowing that Dragonite is not the fastest of any pokemon in the OU tier, CS helps with that nice boost of speed. With the possible risk of an opposite lead not having Trick, Dragonite can feel safe with Dragon Rush as no Pokemon has an immunity to it and STAB with maxed EV attack provides decent damage to anything in his way. If Trick does become a problem then Taunt wouldn't be an issue and Dragonite would be free to Thunderwave any leads(sans Ground leads which appear to be few and far)into the comfort of a switch out. With the switch out into a possible Flygon or Heatran running a high risk, Dragonite can safely Roost away 4x ice weakness and extra weakness to that pesky Stealth Rock that may come up.

*NOTE* I want to find a way to make Dragonite my lead Pokemon in my team, if this set doesn't work please suggest one that would.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Quiet
252 Atk/252 SpAtk/4 Spe
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Extremespeed
Earthquake
----------------------

Role: Toxic Spiker Annoyance
Ability: Sniper
EV Spread: 252ATK/126DEF/126SP.DEF/4SPE
Held Item: Razor Claw
Moves:
-Toxic Spikes
-Pursuit
-Cross Poison
-Knock Off

Drapion has the amazing versitilaty of being not only an unexpected pokemon in the OU Tier but can act as a Lead in disguise. After taking priorty and setting Toxic Spikes at least once, all that's needed for this set up, Drapion can go ahead and begin to Pursuit switch outs and Knock Off any pesky items that'll help the opposing side. After all said and done, Drapion can either switch out to be saved for later or Cross Poison his way through, leaving for high chance of strengthend critical hits. Great type coverage and so-so defenses allow Drapion to take a hit or two before going down so with a little luck, two layers of Toxic Spikes can go and injure the opponent.

*NOTE*This spot is honestly just an idea and would gladly appreciate someone who can fill this spot, even if it isn't a Toxic Spiker.*

Roserade does Toxic Spikes far better.
--------------------

Role: Stealth Sweeper
Ability: Rock Head
EV Spread: 252ATK/252SPE
Held Item: Thick Club
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Punch
-Bonemerang
-Outrage

Marowak's main goal in this team is to establish Stealth Rock then bid good day. If he's in a position to stay and play, Thunderpunch takes care of the dreaded Gyardoas, long as Thick Club does what it's supposed to, Bonemerang can cruch any Subsitutes that Blissey would like for later(or at least dent the subsitute), and Outrage is purely a suicidal rage that should do a nice amount of damage. Being as time is of the escense for marowak, SD can't find a place on this set up and Focus Sash wouldn't suffice for if Marowak can do anything more. Thick Club provides that much extra power, acting as the poor Marowak's Soul Dew.

*Note* I want to find a way to keep Marowak in with this set but if someone can give me an idea of possibly a better EV spread, that'd be great.*

If Marowak doesn't have time to use Swords Dance, it certainly doesn't have time to be setting up Stealth Rock. Thunderpunch should be replaced with Stone Edge, which gets better coverage overall and still hits Gyarados hard. Bonemerang's accuracy compared to Earthquake usually isn't worth the ability to break Substitutes, but it normally won't be much of an issue. Outrage is crap on anything that doesn't get STAB on it, so replace with Fire Punch.
--------------------

Role: Sub-Seed Sweeper
Nature:Jolly(+SPD,-SP.ATK)
Ability: Poison Heal
EV Spread:236 HP / 248 Def / 24 Spe
Held Item: Poison Orb
Moves:
-Spore
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Subsitute

I honestly wanted to try and deviate from the Smogon set given but it's just to perfect for the little fungus fighter. He should be popular enough to be known what he's meant to do. Spore any opponent in the way, Leech Seed them while their down, establish Subsitute, and safely go on a wrecking spree across anyone and anything who esn't a Ghost type. of course if a Ghost does become an issue, simply stall them out and wait for the obvious switch out.

*Note* Between Gallade and Breloom, they are the focus of this team, I would like to keep Brellom in.*

Fine.
--------------------

Role: Main Sweeper
Nature:Adamant(+ATK,-SP.ATK)
Ability: Steadfast
EV Spread:4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Held Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Punch
-Close Combat
-Pyscho Cut

My favorite Pokemon and the lmain attraction of my team, Gallade works hand in hand with the support of the earlier Pokemon to clean up whatever Breloom left Behind. Taking advantage of the possibilities of Gallade's status affecting moves and his powerful...power, Gallade has moves that cover all the bases, which explains Expert Belt over Life Orb or Choice Band. Gallade has a decent amount of health but when considering Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes/Spikes and Life Orb recoil, it adds up on Gallade. Ice Punch covers flying weakness and has nice coverage over Dragons, Pyscho Cut and Close Combat are powerful enough without STAB and Expert Belt. Thunderwave hinders anyone that's left who is faster and leaves a nice opening for possible para-miss.

*Note*Between Breloom and Gallade, they're the main focus of my team, I would like a way to fit this set u[ into my team no matter what.

Thunder Wave is nice to fix Gallade's speed, but it's really a waste of a moveslot, because you might as well just hit them instead. Swords Dance over Thunder Wave, Stone Edge over Psycho Cut, and Shadow Sneak over Ice Punch, as priority is a better way to fix your Speed issue. Since this is the kind of thing that only needs to switch in once, and the only common entry hazard is Stealth Rock (which it resists), Life Orb is a much better item due to the fact that it gives a power boost regardless of what you're facing.
--------------------

Role: Closing/Special Sweeper
Nature:Timid(+SPE,-ATK)
Ability: Levitate
EV Spread:4 HP/252 SP.ATK/252 SPE
Held Item: Life Orb
Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater

As I looked over my team for the last time before posting this, I realized I needed a Special Sweeper to cover all my bases. I looked at possible candidates and Gengar fit the bill. Between the really high Special Attack and access to Dream Eater being USEFUL for gengar, I decided to work around what Smogon had and Dream Eater. Rocking 3 immunities isn't half bad and with Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball covering nicely, there's room for Dream Eater and Hypnosis. Consdering he's meant to be last but not least, whomever he faces will be susectable or already asleep, leaving a nice Dream Eater to get LO boost and then healed by the fact that Dream Eater is like Giga Drain for the wickid.

*Note* The only thing I would like to keep with Gengar is Hypnosis/Dream Eater but if a better set is suggested, by all means help please.

Psychic is a horrible attacking type and Dream Eater is extremely unreliable, especially with only a 60% accurate Sleep move. You can't assume that your opponent will only have 1 Pokemon left and that you'll be able to get them asleep and they don't resist Psychic. Keep Hypnosis if you really want, but put Focus Blast or Hidden Power Fire over Dream Eater.

And that's my team, through and through. With a Physical Sweep focus and Stealth Rock support, i think my team would be able to hold it's own in Competitive Battle. Here's a last look at my team and don't forget to comment and make constructive critiscm because I can need it.
-----------==Last Look==------------

Changes in bold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)