Gen 1 RMT

I've been trying to do some RBY on netbattle, and having moderate success. I plan on resetting my old copy of Blue soon to build this team for link battles, but before I do I would like to get some input.

Exeggutor
- Explosion
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore

My biggest problem here is that most people on NB start with Gengar, who is faster and uses hypnosis. If hypnosis misses then I can have funtime, otherwise I cry.

Zapdos
- Drill Peck
- Mimic
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

I like mimic here a lot. Although I've contemplated putting Alakazam here, that might aid with my gengar-lead problems.

Lapras
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Confuse Ray
- Rest

Rest works out really well for me. Sometimes I throw in TBolt, but I usually reserve that for Chansey.

Chansey
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

I like TBolt here, and I don't like SToss here.

Golem
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Tauros
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

Both totally standard.

Thanks in advance.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Like you said, everyone leads with Gengar now so you're wasting Exeggutor by using him as a lead. Move Exeggutor into Lapras's slot and lead with Gengar (removing Lapras from the team completely). It's a pretty basic team so maybe you should start learning to make better predictions and be 1 step ahead of your opponent.

if you're goal is to sweep with zapdos, then you should run something that lures in and does some damages to opponents' rock/ground types. jolteon works here, and so does dodrio. go with both.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well with Exeggutor against Gengar, you have like a 49ish% chance of either being missed by Hypnosis, or waking next turn. Since Gengar cant really do much to Eggy, you can safely stay in for that turn as they switch. If they switch that is.

So as leads go its not really bad against Gengar at all.. I mean worst case scenario it means they have a pokemon that cant do anything much to your Exeggutor except explode.

Have a nice day.

The main problem of using Eggy as the lead is that you haven't got any other sleeper, so if Eggy gets asleep (which will be very normal), and he does not wake up before they send a counter, you will be in a 5vs6 match. If it is your only sleeper I recommend you to lead with another thing, but really your 5 other Pokemon are bad leads.
You could use Zam instead of Zapdos, and lead with a Seismic Toss one. You Psychic against Gengar and ST against Eggy and Jinx. When you get asleep you go with Eggy and he sleeps something.
You can also try Sing in Lapras or Chansey; catch a Tauros/Snorlax with Sing is always nice, but very risky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)