The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but most of fat franks goals are deflections... more luck
in truth, refs vision was blocked for the anelka foul, but he had clear view on the foul on park.
and to not see that offside is just plain rediculous

excitement for tonight! this game is gonna be huge, despite the ridiculous number of injuries. fabregas, gallas, song, ibrahimovic...am i missing any?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Puyol and Pique are suspended. Iniesta could still miss out, Campbell and Rosicky are both not at full fitness but will likely be in the squad.

Hoping Arsenal can do it really..

I hope United get to final now and Messi can do the same thing to them. To shut up all the fanboys who somehow think:

a) Rooney is the best player in the world
b) Darren fucking Fletcher would have made a difference last year

Messi is most likely gonna hit a 50 goal season that is insane. He has 38 goals with at least 2 CL games left and 8 la liga games left.

the fact that he has a chance of breaking the real ronaldo's 47 goals in 49 games season for barcelona is amazing. Needs 8 in 7 games to equal.

so many injuries/suspensions it was practically the carling cup team. and it was away against barcelona, so 4-1 isnt too bad

so much for that.. im watching the showed "new" game on FSC on my tv.. thinking its new. came on here to talk about how im ready for the game.. and i see its been played already. lol.. dammit.. so much for that.

watching anyways though i guess.. damn arsenal.

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope United get to final now and Messi can do the same thing to them. To shut up all the fanboys who somehow think:

a) Rooney is the best player in the world
b) Darren fucking Fletcher would have made a difference last year

Messi is most likely gonna hit a 50 goal season that is insane. He has 38 goals with at least 2 CL games left and 8 la liga games left.
To be fair, Messi hardly got a sniff against Chelsea or Man Utd each time they've played them. Bar the goal in last years final, of course. The way Arsenal play just played right into Messi's, and Barcelona's hands.

Still, magical performance from Messi. I think it was more about him than the rest of the Barca side, no one else did anything that worthy of note in an attacking sense, it was more about the work rate and defence (for once).

walcott again proves mostly pretty dissapointing despite being the barca manager calling him "arsenals biggest threat". he can run for the ball, but most of the time he can't do anything with it :|

Facking hell that was a Messicre the guy is insane

thank God I do not support Arsenal. Then again what chance do United have against...He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?

Messi definitely made Arsenal look worse than they really are. I give credit to Barca though, in both legs.. they looked more hungry.

I can't believe Rooney's starting! The World Cup is so much more important than the Champion's League.

I'm hoping Fergie was exaggerating the injury to begin with, in which case; mind games! nice.

Havak

Rooney is a machine!

Sir Alex would definitely not risk Wayne Rooney if he's not 100%. I'm sure he'd want Rooney to play the remaining games and miss this one if there was any risk.

Still, it's going to be a tough task. But I'm sure that'll set a bit of doubt into Bayern's side, they're playing 442 and if United can win that midfield battle with the three players there, I think Bayern could get caught.

Rocket start for United, 2-0 in the first 7 minutes. Gibson and Nani. Can't sit back like in Germany though.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait, bayern vs man u is going on right now?

And you can't say Arsenal was anywhere near full strength, they were missing most of their key players...and honestly Bendtner is shit up top. -.-

Damn. That must have hurt.

So Man U's out...
3 English teams in the quarter finals, 0 in the semis. Unusual.
If Benfica eliminates Liverpool tomorrow, no team will reach an european semi final.
Don't get me wrong, but... It's good for football's health.

Havak

Lame.

Good effort from Man Utd but the somewhat harsh red card for Rafael made it too much. I don't want to sound too bitter, but the ref did favour Bayern far more. I hate to see so many players pressuring the referee to send someone off, and the amount of diving and buying free kicks off the ref was annoying. If Rafael was sent off for that second offence, van Bommel surely should have been sent off as well.

Credit to Bayern as Robben's goal was good and they kept the ball better when United were down to 10 men. Good luck to Bayern, but I don't think they have a chance of beating Barcelona. I'm pretty sure that'll be the final.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Did anyone else catch Fergie muttering "Typical Germans" in the post-match interview? That was lol. Feel so sorry for him.

I don't want to sound too bitter, but the ref did favour Bayern far more. I hate to see so many players pressuring the referee to send someone off, and the amount of diving and buying free kicks off the ref was annoying.
Really because I thought the referee was a bit unfair in not giving Bayern a free kick when Schweinsteiger (sp) went down near the 18 yard box. Also I noticed to begin with Utd were going down a bit too easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)