Don't doubt the Rocks--- An OU warstory

Hello this is chaos 9, re-emerging from obscurity with this intense warstory!

The mirror matches will not color correctly, so I subbed in "nicknames" so you can differentiate :)

Before I say anything, a LARGE shout out to Pride and DJX09 for making this awesome team I use in this warstory. I really enjoy playing with your team, and it has inspired me to get back into pokemon. I hope you aren't offended by me using it, but keep in mind, it has really helped me and I thank you for that.

Now. It was an ordinary night, cruising the ladder with this beauty of a new team, destroying the competition, feeling fine. Record 8-1, climbing, victorious, until...

What you are about to read is an intense warstory that is not for the faint of heart or those with liver disease, women who are pregnant, may become pregnant, or those who hate good (hopefully) warstories. Without further blabbing, Pride and DJK09's miraculous dream team:

Sprites coming soon:

Celebi Gyrados Jirachi Machamp Heatran Latias

Born's team will remain hidden.

borntoperform's moves will look like this.
chaos 9's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
borntoperform sent out Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
chaos 9 sent out Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Celebi used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Gliscor used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Celebi VS. Gliscor huh. This is one matchup that is fairly hard to predict correctly, but it seems that it usually ends up in my favor. I decide that since this celebi happens to outspeed gliscor, rocks was a safe choice and I was correct, and we both get the ever useful rocks on the field. Rocks don’t hurt my (Pride’s :P) team very much, with only gyrados being hindered much by them. I think this was a good trade off. I think I will go for leaf storm next, to cripple gliscor or get a hit on whatever comes in before I U-turn out.
---
Celebi used Leaf Storm.
Gliscor lost 68% of its health.
Celebi's special attack was harshly lowered.
Gliscor used Taunt.
Celebi fell for the taunt!

Leaf storm takes a large juicy bite out of gliscor, and from my experience the minority of lead ‘scors carry roost, so I have a feeling that damage is going to last J. The taunt was of little consequence, as I planned to U-turn out anyway, so here it goes. I think gyra is a safe switch, as he can threaten gliscor while not being threatened himself and he also gets intimidate if ‘scor switches out.
---
Celebi used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Gliscor lost 6% of its health.
chaos 9 switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Gliscor's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Gliscor used U-turn.
Gyarados lost 5% of its health.
borntoperform switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.

:0. Kidding I definitely should have seen that coming, but to be countered so hard right out of the gate deflated me. Gyra obviously will have to switch out, and that means taking even MORE sr damage on the next switchin. Not my idea of a great start. Well nothing I can do now, gyra will just have to eat that damage. I switch to Celebi to absorb the inevitable thunderbolt or will-o-wisp coming gyra’s way.
---
chaos 9 switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Rotom-h used Will-o-wisp.
Celebi was burned!
Celebi was hurt by its burn!

As expected, wow is delivered. I would have rather had tbolt, but since celebi has the oh so useful natural cure, it is of little consequence. Now, in my experience, and the statistics agree, most rotoms that carry wow do not also carry shadow ball. This is a risky gamble, but I do not think that a defensive rotom can kill my celebi anyway, and by firing of a thunder wave, I can cripple rotom’s reliability for the rest of the match. Here goes something.
---
borntoperform switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
Celebi used Thunder Wave.
It doesn't affect Gliscor...

And my twave is met by the flying ground nemesis (serioiusly who came up with flying ground as a typing? It makes no logical sense /end rant). Anyway I am being out-played in a big way at this point, and I need to get a momentum swing going, so I decided to go with the obvious, but very profitable Leaf storm in an attempt to draw first blood should gliscor stay in, or dent something should he switch.
---
Celebi used Leaf Storm.
Gliscor lost 26% of its health.
borntoperform's Gliscor fainted.
(5-6)
Celebi's special attack was harshly lowered.

And the plan works! That’s new… Anyways with gliscor out of commission, Machamp should have a much better day.

Machamp hate complicated typings! Machamp smash!

Wow settle down there big guy you’ll get your shot. But not now. I await his answer to celebi.
---
borntoperform switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 69% of its health.
chaos 9's Celebi fainted.
(5-5)
The sandstorm rages.

Let me explain this move a bit. I know it seems odd that I would leave celebi in on tyranitar, but had I switched and he pursuited, the same outcome would have ensued. I went for t-wave anyway, so celebi was basically on a suicide mission at this point. I expected scarf tar, so I knew it was unlikely that I would get out alive, so potentially crippling tar was the best I could have hoped for. Oh well tricky mind games are tricky. This ties the score, but I have my own little rebuttal waiting for this crunch-locked behemoth.
---
chaos 9 switched in Machamp (lvl 100 Machamp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Machamp.
Machamp lost 6% of its health.

Enter machamp. This guy has to be one of the most devastating things in the game. Once behind a sub, something dies 99.999% of the time, and even when a counter comes in, dynamic confusion (Bad pun ahoy) usually gives me an edge. Anyways I do just that, sub up on the inevitable switch by tar. Lets see what happens.
---
borntoperform switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.
Machamp used Substitute.
Machamp lost 25% of its health.
Machamp made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.

Sub up? Check. Something going down? Double check. People are so sure their little ovens will protect them from machamp’s dynamic fists of fury (bad puns ftw btw) that they forget about payback /evil. To be fair, his gliscor did get royaly owned earilier, and that would have most likely been his hard and fast counter to the champ, but anyways, now the oven gets cooked.
---
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
The substitute took damage for Machamp!
Machamp's substitute faded!
Machamp used Payback.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 69% of its health.
borntoperform's Rotom-h fainted.
(4-5)
The sandstorm rages.

Setting the score back in my favor is machamp, getting revenge for his trashed substitute! Payback is such a god-sent on machamp allowing him to dispatch of those pesky ghosts that his fighting brethren so loath. What shall the machampion face next?
---
borntoperform switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.

So a heatran is it? Hm I have a couple of options here. I am not sure if machamp can outspeed even a slow heatran, and I am definitely not going to chance the now rare scarftran as machamp could be very useful later in the match. I decide that my opponent is probably eager to be rid of machamp, because at the moment, both of his checks are down for the count. Judging by this, I switch to my own heatran to absorb the deadly blast of fire.
---
chaos 9 switched in Sweettran (lvl 100 Sweetran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Sweetran.
Sweetran lost 12% of its health.
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Sweetran's Flash Fire raised its fire power!
The sandstorm rages.

See what I did there? :P. Anyway working as intended. Now, the question remains is it scarfed or slow or whatever; the 18 million sets heatran can run these days bug me to no end. I decide that chancing an earthpower is better than my other options, as switching to gyrados will mean eating rocks damage along with the potential predicted hit and latias runs the risk of being crit, something I don’t want to happen this early. Also it could be the rare but threatening specs version, in which case a fire blast will den latias hard. Earthpower it is!
---
Heatran used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 88% of its health.
chaos 9's Heatran fainted.
(4-4)
The sandstorm rages.

And……ouch. Well that didn’t exactly pan out the way I planned. It was a speed tie I am sure of it! Blast. All I know is that heatran is on the loose, and I need my (uber) dragon to come in and douse the fire!
---
chaos 9 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.

Ok now he is in trouble. Most heatran forgo any way to hurt dragons, although that point is moot anyways, as I outspeed for the surfboard kill. So I figure a switch is incoming. Although surf is the blatantly obvious move here, it is also the best one in the situation so as not to get trapped by anything unseen (or tar :P).
---
borntoperform switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Latias used Surf.
Skarmory lost 41% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

And the steel bird gets hit by the specswave, but is surprisingly rust resistant! Surf does take a large chunk out of skarm, but not enough to make me happy. I smell sp. Def skarm. At any rate, I run some damage calcs, and find that 41% is on the low side, and I do have a fair chance (if a bit low) to take skarm from the match here and now with a lucky damage role. A risk I am willing to take.
---
Latias used Surf.
Skarmory lost 47% of its health.
borntoperform's Skarmory fainted.
(3-4)
The sandstorm rages.

Grand. Skarmory is DoA upon washing up on shore, (and yes he is very rusty this time). No spike-stacking (un)fun today! The score once again tilts in my favor in this rollercoaster match. Latias waits with bated breath for its next opponent.
---
borntoperform switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.

A jirachi spells trouble for my latias. It has a multitude of ways to kill the mystic dragon thingy ranging from ladylike scarf-wearing head beatings to mind calming ice beaming maneuvers. I decide its time for latias to gtfo if it wants to see another day. Now the question remains who should face down this little demon? Although heatran would be a good choice, the RNG hates me and that is no longer possible (RIP heatran). Machamp is outsped and most likely killed in some unpleasant manner, which I don’t feel like extrapolating on. My own jirachi is an option, but swiching into a predicted scarf fire move could be costly. Right now, even though the rocks plague him, gyrados seems the best option.
---
chaos 9 switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Jirachi's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
Jirachi's special attack was raised.
Jirachi's special defence was raised.
The sandstorm rages.

And a mind calming zenrachi it turns out to be. Now I am in a bind. Switching something in on this guy could prove troublesome, as with a CM under its belt and its natural 100 base speed, it could ravage anything I have left depending on its move set. I decide on the spur of the moment that it is more worth it to scout its set with gyra then chance a predict kill on any of my other team members and I click dragon dance...
---
Jirachi used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 51% of its health.
chaos 9's Gyarados fainted.
(3-3)
The sandstorm rages.

Only to find out the moveset is exactly what I feared. I would have much rather faced the hp fighting/flash cannon version. As it stands, it looks like the t-bolt psychic menace. I examine my options and come to the conclusion that latias isn’t much touched by this set. The problem is, it can’t hurt rachi back, so I will have to do some tricky maneuvering.
---
Latias used Trick.
Latias obtained Leftovers!
Jirachi obtained Choice Specs!
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
The sandstorm rages.

Haha get it tricky maneuvering? Puns getting old yet ? Anyways born didn’t know my lati was speced, and attempts to get a leg up on what could possibly have been a cm war, only to become the cross-breed lady like head-butter/calm minder/oakly pimp. *shudder*. Now I have options. I know a switch is incoming, and I have a pretty good idea that it will be tyrantiar in an attempt to trap my poor little latias. Therefore, the incredible hulk will double switch him and fight in his own dojo.
---
chaos 9 switched in Machamp (lvl 100 Machamp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Machamp.
Machamp lost 6% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

That’s right not so high and mighty now are ya mister tary tar? That’s right you’re not. Ok so knowing this tar is scarfed, it could go with the last ditch earthquake and putting up a sub would be a bad idea after that, as I could be dangerously low on HP with tar still able to outspeed and break my sub. So, I go for the kill with my dynamic punches.
---
borntoperform switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 75% of its health.
borntoperform's Heatran fainted.
(2-3)
The sandstorm rages.

Well that works to I guess. I don’t really know why he made that switch, maybe his tran was indeed scarfed and he wanted to get in and break my sub fast, but I really can’t say. Anyway his metal fire monster… thingy is out of the match, meaning machamp gets to duke it out with his next switch.
---

In comes jirachi sporting his new pair of shades. I kind of messed up this next move, and forgot that latias could take jirachi now due to being choice locked. Anyways, sorry machamp I didn’t mean it! /cry
---
Jirachi used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Machamp lost 62% of its health.
chaos 9's Machamp fainted.
(2-2)
The sandstorm rages.

Well that sucks my heavy hitting hay-maker is out of the game due to some stupid play on my part. Stupid play coming down to the wire; why now? Well enough whining time to get my ass back in this match. I switch in my own jirachi to set up his doozy of a set on the psychic locked mirror match.
---
chaos 9 switched in Haxrachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Haxrachi.
Haxachi lost 6% of its health.

He will undoubtedly switch, so I go for the sub to protect against the new opponent. Here goes nothing.
---
Jirachi used Substitute.
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
Jirachi made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.

Obvious moves are obvious. Now do I t-wave or do I iron head? Iron head will bring a swift end to tyranitar, which is always a good thing. I am getting nervous about him having the fastest poke left too, so I just want to get on him and make him die. Iron head it is!
---
Haxrachi used Iron Head.
Jirachi lost 14% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Haxrachi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Haxrachi restored 6% of its health.

And jirachi plays me, but it is of little consequence. My jirachi makes damn bulky subs, and crippling his jirachi is welcome. A well placed T-wave will cripple one of his remaining two, and I’m actually really hoping tyranitar comes in and eats it as that will put the match away for good.
---
The substitute took damage for Jirachi!
Jirachi's substitute faded!
Jirachi used Thunder Wave.
Jirachi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
The sandstorm rages.
Jirachi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Jirachi restored 6% of its health.

And a couple things go wrong at this crossroads. Jirachi packs more of a punch than I thought, taking out my own rachi’s sub in one shot. I do get the crippling wave off, but I would have much rather nailed that womanlytar with it so as to neuter its scarf advantage. Oh well now that it’s locked into t-bolt latias gets a “free” switch. Specs bolts hurt as I found out this turn.
---
Latias lost 15% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Latias ate that like a champ. Now the question is will surf kill tyranitar? I doubt it, especially if it is at all bulky, but at this point, it is my only choice. Surf for your life latias!
---
Latias used Surf.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 40% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Like I feared, tar shrugs off the wall of water (that beast) and is ready to play more mind games with my poor latias. If I switch latias out of crunch, jirachi takes a beast of a hit and I am unsure as to whether it could weather two in a row. My best bet is to stay in and hope I survive a pursuit I guess. Good luck Latias!
---
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 37% of its health.
chaos 9's Latias fainted.
(2-1)
The sandstorm rages.

Well wishful thinking I suppose, but it’s not like I had much of a choice as switch meant death anyway in that situation. I realize with horror that he has a way to win this match! Down two to one, I have to send jirachi in. He can then bounce to his own jirachi to unlock tar and then come back in and outspeed jirachi with earthquake for the win! Boy did I screw this one up. Match is as good as toast now.
---
chaos 9 switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Jirachi lost 14% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

As expected, in comes his own jirachi. I attempt to set up a sub to see if he does something stupid. One can hope right?
---
Jirachi used Substitute.
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
Jirachi made a substitute!
The substitute took damage for Jirachi!
Jirachi's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.

Alas this looks quite bleak, a dire situation at that! (English vocab words :P) Born plays it perfectly and my sub is shattered by the bolt of lightning. Now that he is choice locked, I go for the kill on his scapegoat jirachi, knowing the battle is unsalvageable.
---
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 33% of its health.
Jirachi lost 31% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

Going as planned, I go for the final fiery punch that jirachi will ever throw. You did good little guy, but tyranitar is coming.
---
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 21% of its health.
borntoperform's Jirachi fainted.
(1-1)
The sandstorm rages.

Jirachi’s punch is true, but in vain as the scarfed monstrosity comes to kill, there is no escape. Jirachi stands alone, awaiting certain peril.

Suspense

---

Duh dum

Duh dum

Tyranitar lost 11% of its health.

OH SHI…

borntoperform's Tyranitar fainted.
(0-1)
chaos 9 wins!
chaos 9: :0

This final smily does not do justice to the emotion I was feeling. If any of you saw this coming, kudos to you because it was an udder shock to me. Guess I should be more observant.

Anyway, Thanks to Borntoperform for a great battle, it was a rollercoaster ride from start to the bitter, twisty finish.

Born's team:

Also a HUGE (huge huge huge huge) thanks to Pride and DJX09 for making this incredible team that I had the pleasure of using. I hope you are not offended that I tested it, but it really has gotten me excited about pokemon again. I recently made a paralysis team, and it was moderately successful (much better than my other recent failures) and when you guys posted this I just had to try it. Winning with this became second nature, and this intense battle would not have been possible without you guys. Thanks a million.

Now that I’m done gushing, time for Props and slops!

Props:

• Born for being a great sport and intense competition
  • Pride and DJX09 for making such an awesome team
  • Machamp for being an utter beast every time I use him
  • Tyranitar, for scaring the crap out of me at the end and occupying the back of my mind for the whole match
  • Jirachi and heatran, for mirror killing each other.
  • The ending, for almost giving me a heart attack
  • The miniscule amounts of hax present (YAY)

Slops:

• The overpoweredness of stealth rock. If not for those rocks, this game was Born’s.
  • Tyranitar’s mindgames. I always seem to lose L
  • Me for not being able to build my own team and having to use Pride/DJX09’s to get back into pokemon.

More props then slops, always a good sign J

Hope you guys enjoyed my first warstory, any help would be appreciated.

Peace

Lol, good ending ;). I also need to say that commentary is really solid - readers have all informations they need, predictions are quite good (however you could save Machamp for longer) and you made few mistakes in your story. Add some pictures and story looks good. And by the way I'm not fan of puns, however they're acceptable here. For example:

Haha get it tricky maneuvering? Puns getting old yet ? Anyways born didn’t know my lati was scarfed, and attempts to get a leg up on what could possibly have been a cm war, only to become the cross-breed lady like head-butter/calm minder/oakly pimp. *shudder*. Now I have options. I know a switch is incoming, and I have a pretty good idea that it will be tyrantiar in an attempt to trap my poor little latias. Therefore, the incredible hulk will double switch him and fight in his own dojo.
I think you meant Specs ;).

chaos 9 switched in Sweettran (lvl 100 Sweetran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Sweetran.
Sweetran lost 12% of its health.
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Sweetran's Flash Fire raised its fire power!
Heatran used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 88% of its health.
chaos 9's Heatran fainted.
(4-4)
The sandstorm rages.
And how can this be a ScarfTran, when it uses at first Fire Blast and after this Earth Power ? Unfortunately it ended with speed tie I guess.

But in overall I enjoyed this, good job ;).

Not a bad war story, but the fact that it was just a wall of text made it much less enjoyable to read. Add some sprites in there!

Also, you mentioned something about how his Heatran could have been scarfed in there somewhere and that is how it killed yours. It obviously wasn't scarfed since you switched in on fire blast and then it killed you with earth power :P

Thanks for the comments guys. I tried to add sprites but it didn't work so hot I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for pointing out those mistakes. Glad you guys liked it :)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You sir are hilarious.

Some of the most entertaining warstories I have ever seen. Good battle as well.

8/10

Dang... I was not expecting this at all..... all i can say is thanks!

Anyways i feel obligated to respond, and I'm sure Pride will very soon, (as we're talking about it now), but the comments were pretty solid as warstorys go. As said before you made some mistakes in the battle, and some sprites or something would definitely help.

I'm glad you loved the team, and especially that it got you back into mons!

Edit: It was completely coincidental our posts ended up so identical :P

Edit 2: Thats the letter O in my name....

Heh, I did not expect this. But I'm glad you are enjoying the team! Its not the prettiest battle (in terms of pictures) and there is slight mistake (keeping machamp in), but I though the comments were very solid, insightful, and it was a suspenseful battle.

I'll probably stalk you in shoddy if you continue to use it just to see how you are running the team :P

Lol rapid fire posts :P I will definatly get right on thoses sprites when I get back on my computer tomorrow as editing anything on a phone=suicidal. Also lol pride and DX that so looked planed those comments are 90% the same :P seems like the main qualm is sprites, so tomrrow sprites there shall be :)

That was a solid battle with great and entertaining commentary. I really can't ask more, but as stated, the format could be better. This makes me really want to try out SubChamp now.

I wouldn't have seen the end coming (didn't figure it out until I saw the blank space you put) if I didn't remember the title of the thread. Again, thanks for the good read.

Battle was great. I didn't really like the commentary, too many unnecessary comments, and way too many epithets. But, that's just me.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
This was pretty good to be honest. Although the only thing I "disliked" was the amount of mistakes (leaving your heatran on his heatran with a latias on your team, him leaving Jirachi in on an obvious Specs Latias that was obviously going to trick, sacking Machamp in the end when you could have easily brought in Latias to take on the Jirachi [though it didnt matter much]), but I do understand how a battle can put pressure on you to act rashly sometimes.

The format could have been better, the comments were decent, and the battle was above average, so props on your warstory, it was fun to read.

I was suspicious of the ending when I noticed that you did not put a running tab of remaining HP percentage after each turn as in other warstories I have read, but it did not keep me from being surprised by the ending. Overall a good story. The only things were the choice to leave Machamp in, and the reasoning behind the move with Heatran, though guessing correctly probably would not have changed what you did.

lol ok at the end when it was pursuit-locked Tar against your Jira, I was wondering why you used Iron Head, instead of Fire Punching the obvious opposing Jirachi switch in. You actually made the right move though, since it was the opponent's error to switch his Tar out, considering he knew that it'd die to SR (which we didn't know cuz you didn't keep tabs on the health percentages :P) upon its next switch in.

There were some mistakes, you could've definitely played that team better, but all in all it was a decent warstory imo. And yeah I agree with the guy who said there were a few unnecessary comments in there.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The comments for this warstory were very good overall. Just be careful about some of the actual facts of the game, as it looks like you didn't pay enough attention to the log.

The enemy heatran couldn't be scarfed because it Fire Blasted + Earth Powered.

Your Latias passed Specs, not Scarf to the enemy Jirachi, so it getting the power to kill substitute is not so strange (not to mention Latias needed specs for surf to pull off that kind of damage output).

Other than those minor details, very good.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Well written warstory and i really enjoyed your comments.

But some Moves bothers me for example:

Latias used Trick.
Latias obtained Leftovers!
Jirachi obtained Choice Specs!
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
The sandstorm rages.
This Move of you was quite obvious as you can tell from the damage Skarmory takes from your Latias that it holds Choicespecs. So the better move for him would be the Switch to Tyranitar and then proceed to kill your Latias with Pursuit.
Some other moves like this irritates me sometimes.....

7/10 - thanks to the nice comments.

Entertaining read, although some of the plays range from heat of the moment tactical errors to (???). The last two plays were neat, but if there was a damage tally it would've blown the surprise. That SubPunch Machamp set sounds funderful though.

Good battle, good comments, however there were a few weird things, such as thinking the heatran was scarfed when it used fire blast, then KOed you with earth power when you had latias. Other than that, a good read.

Does anyone have any advice on sprites? I went to PE2k and when I copy the sprites in I get ugly image tags instead of sprites. This has never happened to me before, as in my rmts it worked fine. If you want sprites, I need advice :P

Thanks

K in the past I've just c+ped right into the post, but does that no longer work? If not I have never uploaded pictures to tinypic before so if somebody could give me a quick crash course then sprites inc :P

K in the past I've just c+ped right into the post, but does that no longer work? If not I have never uploaded pictures to tinypic before so if somebody could give me a quick crash course then sprites inc :P
Guess not. Just upload all twelve sprites and save them on a word document. Copy and paste the link tinypic gives you for each one where you need it.

BTW- uploading is easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)