First OU Team: Sweeps away the Competition

As stated in the topic this is primarily a sweeper team. I have tried this team out in numerous battles and the key problems were Milotic and Abomasnow mainly, but I also had trouble with some others as well.

This is the first team I have constructed and would like to know how they worked together. I would like your opinions on the following team. Well I basically have to do some tasks first hand and then sweep up the rest from there. Swampert/Gliscor are for weakening enemy defenses.

Swampert(LEAD)@ Leftovers
Ability:Torrent

-Ice beam
-EQ
-Stealthrock
-Protect
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SAtk
Relaxed Nature

Swampert has great type and will make a great lead with Ice Beam/SR. I like it's typing which is why a picked it. Although 4xGrass weakness is horrbile. I need to get Stealth rock in and then try to bring enemy hp down and switch out. It is my main defense for Salamence/Dragonite. I will also be using it as a lead.
It will be a great late wall and Protect is great to make sure my predictions are correct. *I.E Infernape with Grass Knot.
OU Weakness:
Grass/Fire: Celebi
L-Shaymin
*GK Infernape

Latias@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate

-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Surf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid

Latias/Calm Mind can take out a bunch of mons that would originally be tough for my team like Infernape. I need to use Latias when I am in dire need of taking out a dragon pokemon. I chose Latias as it would be a much better replacement for Alakazam and can actually make Calm Mind/Recover work.

OU Weakness:
Dark/Bug:TTAR
Scizor

Zapdos@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure

-Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-Roost
-Hidden Power(GRASS)
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature

Zapdos is for any DD Gyrados and I can have great strategies with it's moveset. First, If I use Heatwave it wil be great as a Grass defense. Roar is great for taking away any Stat boosting moves. Hidden Power would be a good defense for swampert. It's Special attack is great with Base 125. I added sdef evs so that Ice beam/SE dont take it down too fast.

OU Weakness:
Ground/Rock: TTAR
Gliscor
Flygon

Tyranitar@ Babiri berry
Ability: Sandstream
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Punch
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature

TTAR is a great sweeper if I can get in atleast 2 attacks. I was thinking of maybe using Life orb so I wouldn't have to use dragon dance, but the bad speed lacked so I decided out of it. The plan is to OHKO as many pokemon as possible and the Ev's and nature are mainly for his attack. Taunt is so I wont get any status effects really. Crunch is probably a better replacement for Pursuit.
OU Weakness:
Steel/Water/Ground/Fighting:
Breloom
Scizor
Steelix
Swampert

Milotic

Gliscor@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil

- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Roost
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature

TTAR/Gliscor work as a pair
Sandstream helps Sand Veil take effect so Gliscor can use Knock off. I chose high defense for ev's because I need him to stay in battle for as long as possible then I can use Roost and Leftovers to stall for a longer period of time. Also Taunt will help him be a great stall breaker. Although I don't know whether I shoud go Ice-Fang or Taunt. I basically chose him for his great ability.
OU Weakness:
Ice/Water:
Gyrados
Swampert
Abomasnow

Scizor@ Life Orb
bility Technician

-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Super Power
EVs: 176 HP / 100 Atk / 56 Spd / 176 SDef
Adamant Nature

Scizor/Swords Dance/Bullet Punch can take out remaining pokemon plus Tecnician really help BP and BB. Also his typing is great since there won't be too much trouble with any UU teams. Furthermore Swords Dance/Life orb can seriously SWEEP and I have OHKO potential with Bullet Punch/Bug bite Stab. Brick Break is so I can hit hard. His EV's make him my Main Sweeper and he is a great All-Arounder pokemon.
OU Weakness:
Fire:
Heatran
Rotom-H

Final Look:

As you can, see it is pretty well balance OU team and they work like a charm in battle, but I feel that I have to fix all my weaknesses and I need help...

Hey this is a good team, but I can see a couple of problems.

Firstly, Swampert really wants protect instead of waterfall. It already gets pretty good coverage, so you should have protect to, well, protect against explosion. You really shouldn't be keeping Swampert in for too long, as it can serve as a reliable wall later in the match.

Nothing wrong with Latias :D

Zappy is good, though consider hidden power grass over roar to deal with Swampert. Btw, it has base 125 SpA.

Tyranitar needs a Babiri berry to not get revenge killed by Scizor's bullet punch. No one is gonna be setting up screens while getting owned by T-tar, you're gonna use taunt more to prevent being phazed and status effects.

Gliscor should have a stallbreaker set, with EQ, Taunt, Roost, and a filler. It really shouldn't have life orb, as it will whittle away at your HP, and Gliscor is primarily a defensive pokemon.

Lastly, Scizor's moveset is all wrong. Bug bite will do more damage than x-scissor thanks to technician, and you won't really care if pokemon switch out against you, as you can just hit the switch-in, hard. Brick break should be added over pursuit for better coverage.

I hope I helped!

I would take bug bite out for superpower if you can. It makes a good finisher for high def and up pokemon like tyranitar or blissey. I also agree with grim for swampert and the need of protect over waterfall.

I will have to criticize you on t-tar, where I don't think swords dance is efficient in it's moveset. I would suggest the following set for t-tar

taunt which I agree
EQ fundamental for tytar
stone edge fundamental
And stealth rock if you're into stalling with toxic
if not I would go with pursuit but I suggest fillng pursuit with something else

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Since you have Babiri berry on Tyranitar, you should be running Fire Punch as well.

Because Babiri berry's main purpose is preventing an OHKO from Scizor's Bullet Punch and
killing Scizor in the process, Fire Punch is only logical. I'd say remove Taunt for Fire Punch.

First of all I need atleast one BUG Stab move.. Bullet punch can take out TTAR
Blissey.. I was thinking super power but then swords dance would have been in vain

Still deciding between Eq/SE
SR.. why would I need two?

Yeah I was going for pursuit or crunch...

Thanks for the help ..

if you want, you can put super power over brick break on Scizor to make sure you ko Steels, although i know it lowers your attack and defence, you can remedy that by switching out or if you sword dance up before you use it. +1 attacks still hurt coming from Scizor

First of all I need atleast one BUG Stab move.. Bullet punch can take out TTAR
Blissey.. I was thinking super power but then swords dance would have been in vain

Still deciding between Eq/SE
SR.. why would I need two?

Yeah I was going for pursuit or crunch...

Thanks for the help ..

you should alwasy use Stone edge over EQ if you can. it makes sure your not walled by Skarmory. Pursuit vs crunch is down to if you want to kill pokemon you forced out or want consistant damage

Yeah I might just run super power...
Bug Bite is a Must

Idk about TTAR's Taunt/DD those are like his main moves...
I might just switch Pursuit for Crunch or EQ

if your going to switch Pursuit, go with Crunch. Earthquake is weaker then Earthquake with STAB and lets you kill the rotom forms. i would suggest fire punch over taunt to easily kill Scizor but it's your call there

I would replace fire punch on ttar for flamethrower for scizors and skarmorys

How can Scizor survive a fire punch without heavy investment in def and HP? and the Tar TC is using is not ment to use special moves

Sorry didn't see realize the build on it at first

I do agree on fire punc for sp atks on a tytar and the fact of having crunch over pursuit because of the flinch

Also I didn't understand he part with EQ and rotom, I interpretted it as EQ on rotom = kill but rotom has Levi

Also I didn't understand he part with EQ and rotom, I interpretted it as EQ on rotom = kill but rotom has Levi

if your talking to me... i said that Earthquake would get him walled by Skarm, but when he was deciding on what move to put over Pursuit, i suggested Crunch so he can still kill Rotom

the only thing about your scizor i dont like is that its magnezone bait. He can be trouble for gliscor and latias with hp ice and explosion. U-turn on scizor gets out of magnet pull but i can see where you would not want t change out any moves for it. Just a heads up on a mon that might give you trouble

Taunt is useless on tyranitar with babiri berry. You need fire punch. First of all, if tyranitar gets 2+, nothing is surviving to status, you will just end up wasting a crucial turn. You survive a BP from scizor, then what? Fire punch.

If you don't like babiri and still don't want status, run lum berry.

Taunt on Tyranitar is a waste of a move. You should replace it with Fire Punch for scizor who will most likely try to revenge kill you. You should use Ice Fang for Gliscor, only if you are worried about dragons setting up on you.

Your Scizor really is Magnezone bait. You should run Choice Band on it because it packs more of a punch rather than Sword Dance. Here's a good scizor that you schould use.

Scizor Nature: Adamant
Item:Choice Band
Evs: 248Hp/252Atk/10Spe
Moveset: U-turn, Bullet punch, Superpower, Pursuit/Bug Bite.

First of all remove taunt put fire punch. Whats the point of a baribari if u rnt killing scizors?And if you really need to stop status why not a lumberry?
Then Brick Break>SuperPower...The power loss is quite annoying but still i prefer brickbreak for its constancy.
And lastly Ice fang is dumb keep the taunt in gliscor =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)