An old team remade that stalls well

This is a team that I have been using for a long time and have loved to use. It is a team that has been made by someone else known to alot of people but with my own evs on some pokemon and move changes and one different pokemon. When obi came out with his stall team alot of people ripped it off but used different moves on the pokemon and some different ivs and evs so it made the team their own just the same pokemon. So without any more stalling
on to the team.

Changes are in RED

Swampert @ Leftovers

Relaxed Nature, 252 HP / 240 Defense / 16 Special Attack
  • Stealth Rock
  • Ice Beam
  • Earthquake
  • Roar
Swampert still makes a great lead. most of the time i dont even stealth rock first turn anymore. I normally attack and take out their lead first and then stealth rock it up. swampert helps out alot later in the match with mence and other dragons along with heatran and others. besides a lead he makes a greatwall. After everything is said and done i normally just endup roaring untill he faints wich lets me see my opponents team and get some secondary damage on alot of the team. Every once in awhile i will attack to switch it up which normally nets me a to get a pokemon t feint with a ohko because they expect a roar.

Forretress @ Shed Shell

Sassy Nature, 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Attack
  • Spikes
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Rapid Spin
  • Payback
Forrtress is the best rapid spinner I have ever used because manly he can take on gohst who can block rs. Along with rapid spin and payback for ghosts t spikes and regular spikes normally get laid down with little problems wich helps out alot with tyranitars and other swamperts. being able to poison the other team that takes poison just helps this team considderably.

Tyranitar @ Choice Specs

Mdest Nature, 158 HP / 252 Special Attack / 100 Speed
  • Dark Pulse
  • Surf
  • Flame Thrower
  • Hidden Power (Rock)
This guy is all about suprise. Everyone that I have faced has not expected this guy. I try to save him until mid to late game. Since no one ever expects special tyranitar esspecially with more speed than usual he gets me alot of kills. Tyranitar normaaly gets me two to three pokemon to faint. With stealth rock already down and both sets os spikes his sand stream ability finishes off all secondary damage. Dark pulse is for all ghosts mainly rotom who thinks that they can come in a wow me to hurt my attack when it wont even matter. Flamethrower helps out with grass and steels who think they are gonna take me out. Surf always takes out all rock and ground type pokemon especially hippwodon and gliscor. I chose ancient power for mainly gyarados and all dragons who dont expect it from tyranitar. This guy helps me alot and one of my favorite pokemon to use since I have used this set.

Latias @ Leftovers

Timid Nature, 208 HP / 58 Defence / 244 Speed
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Calm Mind
  • Recover
  • Hidden Power (Fire)
Latias is such a bad ass. Dragon pulse takes out all dragon except scarf dragons. Even with hp fire and244 speed evs i still out speed any dragon i have come up against an have gotten the kill. Calm mind i rarlyuse but when I do it is normally to get ready to finish of a team. Recover is for the obvious to keep her health up. Hp Fire is only there for scizor who I hate. It 90% of the time is a ohko. I normally hit first b/c the either try to u-turn or pursuit. For the chance tyranitar comes in and takes her out my own tyranitar comes in ad theyjust laugh because the do not know it is all special attacks.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Bold Nature, 252 HP / 156 Defense / 100 Special Defense)

Thunder Bolt
Will-o-wisp
Rest
Sleep Talk

Rotom of course is no suprise is here to block rapid spin. Wow helps out with steels walls and things that t spikes dont affect. While blocking rapid spin he has discharge for the small chance to paralyze which is always welcome aswell as taking out water types who normmally have rapid spin. Rest and sleep talk are there for keeping rotom in the game longer and still be able to attack while asleep. If a pokemon with hippnoses or spore is out i normally bring him out to take te sleep to keep the rest of my team going.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Adamant Nature, 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
  • Iron Head
  • Fire Punch
  • Zen Headbut
  • Trick
Jirachi is the revenge killer. With stab iron head and zenheadbut he takes out most things that my team dont like as in ghosts breloom and others. Fire punch helps out with steelswho is normally a ohko besides bronzong who tyranitar takes care of as well as skarmory and magnezone. Trick is there so I can cripple the likes of blissey and pokemon thinking they can stat up in the end to ge the advantage.

Well there it is. I hoped you enjoyed it I know the descriptions arent he best but didnt have much time. So here it is rate hate steal lt lets have some fun

Testing right now1
1. Hp rock over ancient power
2. choice band tar over specs tar
3. shadow ball over will-o-wisp on rotom
4. super power over ancient power
5. taking away spike or toxic spikes for gyro ball/explosion

Changes
Put thunder bolt on rotom
put shed shell on rotom per magnezone
hp rock over ancient power

you realize this game is rated E for everyone right? Pokemon aren't "Killed." They faint. need better word choice then killing pokemon. thats just cruel.
ummmm ok?
Anyways, for the team, have you considered a wish jirachi with the following ev spread? while being a late-game sweeper, it can also help others with the wish support. Imo, something that you could benefit from.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon

you realize this game is rated E for everyone right? Pokemon aren't "Killed." They faint. need better word choice then killing pokemon. thats just cruel.

So how does that help his team at all??

Onto the rate: well, everything looks solid, no real glaring weaks I can see. I would suggest on Tyranitar, changing Ancient Power for Hidden Power [Rock], normally, that would be dumb on anything that isn't named Jumpluff, but it gives you more power and getting your stat bonuses won't really benefit since you have to switch out every time a Scizor comes in or Infernape.

Also, on Jirachi I would suggest replacing Zen Headbutt for Thunderpunch, since I looked closer and you are kinda Gyarados weak. And Zen Headbutt is pretty bad since its walled by Tyranitar and lots of the Metagame.

All I got for now, good luck.

If i get rid of the scarf on jirachi then i loose my revenge killer as well my trick to take care of threats like blissey but i understand where you are comming from with the wish support. I never thought of hp rock but I like the sound of that and will deffinatly give it a go. As for zen headbutt it helps out to much towards gengar machamp tentacruel and a few others. To be honest I never had a problem with gyarados rotom has always taken him out or some one else from all the residule damage. I appreciate the replies though. And mluck24 i changed it around just for you but like you said its just a game...

Oh I mistook your tyranitar for a scarftar
personally, I'd use scarftar on this team as the revenge killer
i guess with those changes, your team will be a semi-stall, which would work

I like having tyranitar all special attacks though because he covers so much this teams needs. I will try it out and get back with you though. Anyone else????

pretty awsome team, but have you thought about thunderbolt over flame thrower on your ttar? I feel it would be more effective because you wuld have a wider range of things it would hit that you would stay in on than switch.

Tytarhas an okaybud but I have to disagree with latias and jirahi.
And maybe swampert

Tytar should have EQ for a clincher and stealth rock along with Flamethrowe and a filler offensive attack

i don't really see th epurpose of jirach and latias in a stall team
I would recommend skarmory and blissey as walls and great stallers
I would also recommend umbreon with toxic and protect as a great staller but also an offender for the some of the more OU pokemon

skarmory would be doing just about what forrtress is doing with spikes. jirachi is here for a revenge killer to aswell to mess up things like gliscor hippwodon and blissey which works really well. as for latias she can take alot more abuse and dish out stronger attacks than blissey, latias also covers weaknesses for me where blissey would not. whats wrong with swampert??? swampert has net me many kills and can be very annoying and hard to take down.

Tytarhas an okaybud but I have to disagree with latias and jirahi.
And maybe swampert

Tytar should have EQ for a clincher and stealth rock along with Flamethrowe and a filler offensive attack

i don't really see th epurpose of jirach and latias in a stall team
I would recommend skarmory and blissey as walls and great stallers
I would also recommend umbreon with toxic and protect as a great staller but also an offender for the some of the more OU pokemon

did you even look at his Tar moveset? Earthquake would be usless ( well maybe not usless but a waste), I have no idea why you would put Stelth rock on something thats choiced with something thats not choice scarf?

This team overall seems pretty solid without any prominent holes. Ttar seems very interesting and I would like to see how that functions as I very rarely see Ttars running SpA other than Tyraniboah. As I imagine, it would function well as my usual counter to a Ttar is WoW which is something yours is somewhat immune against.

I would like to see how your Swampert functions against the top leads in today's metagame. This is not because I doubt its effectiveness but simply because a good way to gauge its effectiveness is by comparing its function to that of other leads.

Forretress looks pretty solid.

I find RestTalk rather unreliable but that's simply opinion. If it works for you, keep it. Keep discharge as you probably will face Tentacruels with your Rotom-H and neither Tbolt nor Discharge will ever 2HKO Standard Tenta so the extra chance for paralysis is appreciated.

I think Jirachi would appreciate Thunderpunch as it allows you to revenge kill Gyara more easily and Zen Headbutt isn't as good for coverage as Tpunch is despite the STAB. I also tend to shy from Zen Headbutt due to its accuracy. However, since you have Rotom for Gyara this is ultimately up to you.

Everything else looks pretty solid. I have almost never used Latias though so other than for what I'm saying below, I don't have much experience with it.

Nitpicking Section:

First of all, your Latias has a higher probability of failing to OHKO Scizor even with SR damage. In order for you to have a higher probability of OHKOing it than not with SR support, you need your SpA to be 280. This is absolutely NOT necessary as it means you might have to part with some of your bulk or speed when in reality Latias needs those more than the ability to OHKO Scizor. This is merely as stated above, a nitpick. However, if you do find Scizor troublesome to your team, you might want to look into it. To extend my nitpick, with 280 SpA, your Latias will have twice the probability of scoring an attack that hits for 316 HP while you only need to hit it for 312 to secure an OHKO with SR support. These calculations are done for standard CB Scizor as you've said they tend to U-Turn or Pursuit.

This may be due to my ignorance but what exactly are the 16 EVs in SpA for on Swampert? I see that your HP and Def EVs are placed rather humorously to ensure surviving an explosion from lead Azelf with at least 3HP. This is just a nitpick but if you vie to only put 4 EVs in SpA you can lower the damage by approximately 5HP which I don't actually think would be that beneficial in the long run but might vital to your ability to switch in late game should they take out your Forretress as SR only does at most 26 HP damage to Swampert on the switch-in.

Hope this helped, good luck!

The 16 evs on swampert helps out ice beam to hit that much harder especially on dragons and with latias i never had a scizor kill her b/c hp fire has always been a ohko. I will try out adding more to her sp attack though and ill get back with you

Changes in BOLD and ITALICS

Swampert @ Leftovers

Relaxed Nature, 252 HP / 240 Defense / 16 Special Attack
  • Stealth Rock
  • Ice Beam
  • Earthquake
  • Roar
Swampert still makes a great lead. most of the time i dont even stealth rock first turn anymore. I normally attack and take out their lead first and then stealth rock it up. swampert helps out alot later in the match with mence and other dragons along with heatran and others. besides a lead he makes a greatwall. After everything is said and done i normally just endup roaring untill he faints wich lets me see my opponents team and get some secondary damage on alot of the team. Every once in awhile i will attack to switch it up which normally nets me a to get a pokemon t feint with a ohko because they expect a roar.

Yes swampert does make a good lead, and it functions well in conjunction with forretress and ttar. Normally I would suggest protect over roar, but in this case the phazing support is useful because you have rs block and entry hazards. Very versatile, looks like your other team covers the grass weakness, as 3/6 on your team get an easy switch in.

Forretress @ Leftovers

Sassy Nature, 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Attack
  • Spikes
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Rapid Spin
  • Payback
Forrtress is the best rapid spinner I have ever used because manly he can take on ghost who can block rs. Along with rapid spin and payback for ghosts t spikes and regular spikes normally get laid down with little problems wich helps out alot with tyranitars and other swamperts. being able to poison the other team that takes poison just helps this team considerably.

My only suggestion would be to consider placing evs in defence, since you have ttars sp. D support.

Tyranitar @ Choice Specs

Mdest Nature, 158 HP / 252 Special Attack / 100 Speed
  • Dark Pulse
  • Surf
  • Flame Thrower
  • Ancient Power
This guy is all about surprise. Everyone that I have faced has not expected this guy. I try to save him until mid to late game. Since no one ever expects special tyranitar esspecially with more speed than usual he gets me alot of kills. Tyranitar normally gets me two to three pokemon to faint. With stealth rock already down and both sets so spikes his sand stream ability finishes off all secondary damage. Dark pulse is for all ghosts mainly rotom who thinks that they can come in a wow me to hurt my attack when it wont even matter. Flamethrower helps out with grass and steels who think they are gonna take me out. Surf always takes out all rock and ground type pokemon especially hippwodon and gliscor. I chose ancient power for mainly gyarados and all dragons who dont expect it from tyranitar. This guy helps me a lot and one of my favorite pokemon to use since I have used this set.

Obviously there are better pokemon to use with a sp attack offence, but i would say that the element of surprise and the ss support makes this a viable option. I would place 252 in hp and 252 in Sp.A, unless you plan on running a scarf, in which the spe investment would allow it to outspeed more threats.

Latias @ Leftovers

Timid Nature, 208 HP / 58 Defence / 244 Speed
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Calm Mind
  • Recover
  • Hidden Power (Fire)
Latias is such a bad ass. Dragon pulse takes out all dragon except scarf dragons. Even with hp fire and244 speed evs i still out speed any dragon i have come up against an have gotten the kill. Calm mind i rarlyuse but when I do it is normally to get ready to finish of a team. Recover is for the obvious to keep her health up. Hp Fire is only there for scizor who I hate. It 90% of the time is a ohko. I normally hit first b/c the either try to u-turn or pursuit. For the chance tyranitar comes in and takes her out my own tyranitar comes in ad theyjust laugh because the do not know it is all special attacks.

I have to say I do like the bulky set on this. Leftovers negate ss, and the movesets have good coverage. Only thing I could think about switching this out for would be a anti-steel magnezone, which would benefit from ss. It would deal with your scizor problem better, and trap any other steels. It could also carry hp ground if you are worried about heatran.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Bold Nature, 252 HP / 156 Defense / 100 Special Defense)

Discharge
Will-o-wisp
Rest
Sleep Talk

Rotom of course is no suprise is here to block rapid spin. Wow helps out with steels walls and things that t spikes dont affect. While blocking rapid spin he has discharge for the small chance to paralyze which is always welcome aswell as taking out water types who normmally have rapid spin. Rest and sleep talk are there for keeping rotom in the game longer and still be able to attack while asleep. If a pokemon with hippnoses or spore is out i normally bring him out to take te sleep to keep the rest of my team going.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Adamant Nature, 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
  • Iron Head
  • Fire Punch
  • Zen Headbut
  • Trick
Jirachi is the revenge killer. With stab iron head and zenheadbut he takes out most things that my team dont like as in ghosts breloom and others. Fire punch helps out with steelswho is normally a ohko besides bronzong who tyranitar takes care of as well as skarmory and magnezone. Trick is there so I can cripple the likes of blissey and pokemon thinking they can stat up in the end to ge the advantage.

heading out for the night, I can finish later.

If HP fire has always OHKO'd then its my bad and my calculations may have been off. (Metalkid's calculator was too outdated for this one so I had to resort to my backup one which is not nearly as reliable.) Your EVs should be fine if you find no huge problems with that. Latias does have about a 20% to OHKO with the spread you have right now if my calculations were correct which I said might not have been. So sorry if I messed up on that and as I've said, if you have no problems then don't worry about it.

Edit: And the thing I might have been unclear about was that even if you don't OHKO I doubt a Scizor would kill you. That's why I said it was nitpicking. It means it's really not necessary unless like I said, you find problems with Scizors. As for what Lunar Flare said about your Forretress, I believe that would have to compound with how the rest of your team situates itself defensively as to whether or not you need Def EVs in Forretress.

http://pokedex-br.info/damage.html
(The calc I used)

The picture of your T-Tar scares me, but TyraniBoah is awesome. I'm surprised that you aren't using Ice Beam, though. I guess it's to take care of Gyarados?

Overall, I really like the team. I'd change Fire Punch to Ice Punch on Jirachi if you're going to keep Ancient Power on T-Tar, though.
Besides that, it looks good.

-Jen

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The 16 evs on swampert helps out ice beam to hit that much harder especially on dragons and with latias i never had a scizor kill her b/c hp fire has always been a ohko. I will try out adding more to her sp attack though and ill get back with you
Are there any specific KO's the SA EV's on Swampert give? They just seem a little out of place, and "helps to hit that much harder" isn't really very strong reasoning, given only one of his moves is Special. I mean, 16 EV's isn't a big deal, but it seems like it is just kinda "thrown in there" for the heck of it. Therefore, I ask: any specific reason for them?

it just a make sure to everything that is weak to ice gets hit as hard as possible from swampert.

Jenica i had a hard time chossing between ice punch and fire punch and the main reason i chose fire punch was to help out with steels that couldgive my team trouble. Ancient power possibly hp rock here soon helps out with the dradon aswell with that ice punch would hit. and without fire punch when jirachi comes in i normally bring him into something wea to fire first to kind of scout for magnezone so that way i can hit him for decent damage. ill try ice punch over zen headbutt i just like how it hits machamp and gengar which could give this team some pain

it just a make sure to everything that is weak to ice gets hit as hard as possible from swampert.

Jenica i had a hard time chossing between ice punch and fire punch and the main reason i chose fire punch was to help out with steels that couldgive my team trouble. Ancient power possibly hp rock here soon helps out with the dradon aswell with that ice punch would hit. and without fire punch when jirachi comes in i normally bring him into something wea to fire first to kind of scout for magnezone so that way i can hit him for decent damage. ill try ice punch over zen headbutt i just like how it hits machamp and gengar which could give this team some pain
Ah okay. That seems fair then.
I usually take out Gengar with other things and I normally don't have too many problems with Machamp because I don't end up fighting him that much, but then again, I'm pretty fail at building teams. I might take a leaf or two out of your book. xP

-Jen

Relooking over your team instead of hp rock try out power gem it has 70 bp which is the same as the highest hidden power bp and that way you can keep all your ivs up to 31. Give it a try and see what you think

I will literally suggest the Smogon standard for Specs Tyranitar here because the team overall has a Blissey problem. Superpower should get her, and subsequently the Heatran maybe looking for a fire boost later on. Especially since getting both Toxic Spikes off is hard. This is asking a little much from Forretress with HP Fire Magnezone floating around. Spikes hits the same targets as Toxic Spikes, except for steels who you should handle with either Flamethrower, HP Fire, or Fire Punch.

I prefer Toxic Spikes, but another problem I see is too much status. If the foe is already poisoned then Discharge is only a weaker Thunderbolt, same with Wil-O-Wisp becoming useless. I would use him with Shadow Ball and Tbolt in the two spots, allowing him to hit the normal Levitators and Flyers (who avoid any spikes) for good damage. Otherwise remove Toxic Spikes from Forretress.

When you make a decision on whether to skip Toxic Spikes or Spikes, Gyro Ball or Earthquake are solid attacks to have with the standard Ev's, which are more catered to defense. Latias and Rotom have high special defense anyway.

And even giving Forretress Special Defense ev's Gengar can be a pain in the ass for this team. Which is why Tyranitar with Pursuit is a good idea. You need to lock him down because he's a little too fast for Latias and Rotom, Shadow Ball is powerful and always dents Jirachi if she switches in, and HP Fire kills Forretress anyways. Swampert might have the guts to stand up to Gengar, but Energy Ball has gained a little popularity on Gengar since Swampert is so high in usage. Choice Specs Gengar even manages to 2hko Tyranitar using Energy Ball after Stealth Rock damage. Choice Band Tyranitar will give you a load of power even when his attacks are resisted (and so much for Blissey).

So: Banded Tyranitar with Pursuit>Specs Tar, remove either Spikes or TS for an attack and use standard EV's for Forretress (probably Gyro Ball), Shadow Ball and Tbolt instead of the two status moves on Rotom.

personally, i'd change tar to scarf and make jirachi (defensive or offensive spread/nature) cm+wisher. however, the guy really wants to keep specs tar, which is...a "slight" problem.

I will try out band and scarf tar. As for toxic spikes and spikes ive never had a problem getting them both down atleast one layer of toxic spikes, which are very valuable to my team helping wear down my opponent. as for jirachi she will stay the same with a choice scarf she helps out with to much not to have that kind of speed and tricking ability. But i do appreciate that. I will probably put thunder bolt back on rotom and will try out shadow ball. The main reason i brought specs tar onto this team was because i wanted a shure fire rotom check and he just poped out crying to be put on this team lol. Thats where i have a hard time letting him go because when attack tar gets burned he looses half his attack power. So will deffinatly try it all out and get back with the testing.

I forgot to add with will o wisp that help out alot with things that could not get poisned thats the main reason for having that on rotom. So it helped out alot but will deffinatly try out shadow ball over wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)