Question of the Day, 4/10/10 - Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Music affects people. In fact, many people blamed music on behavioral changes within society, as if changes in music sparked such changes.

Today's Question:

Is there a song that sparked a change in you? What part of the songs influenced you, and do you think the effect was positive or negative?

Previous Questions

First Thread, Info
Second Thread
Third Thread

The song "Fine Again" by Seether kind of got me through a tough time. It had a very positive influence on me, showing that waiting it out will oftentimes solve your problems. I'd like to think it made me a more patient person, more patient with a lot of things really. Not just waiting in line at the cafeteria, but like waiting for things in life to improve.

Doesn't really influence me beyond me really liking it and listening to it over and over. Actually, I take that back, Van Halen made me want to learn to play guitar, but beyond that, nah, not really.

Really wish I hadn't missed the last couple of questions. Great stuff.

The straightest answer to the current question I can give is this:

When I first took a serious liking to my favourite band (Yellow Magic Orchestra) through a song called "Limbo", I pretty much stopped listening to aggressive rock music and as a result I am now 100x more chilled. I would say my life has changed for the better since then. The whole song is basically one of the most upbeat pieces of music I have ever heard, but my favourite part is when Takahashi (the lead singer) goes "I've got no particular place to go, except Limbo" which describes my life in a nutshell I guess.

Thanks to YMO I am now more confident and, IMHO, badass then I was two years ago...probably crazy that a band could have that much of an impact on me, but there you go.

Dango Daikazoku. Probably the first cute thing that I actually liked - it's thanks to this song that I now have a soft spot for all things cute, which was the exact opposite of true before.

And it helps that it led me to the anime it came from, Clannad, which changed my view on life in its own way, too.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The song Little Dipper by Hum. I heard their hit "Stars" on the radio and got the cassette, but that wasn't the song that changed my life, it was this one. The way they layered the guitars to make a thrashing wall of sound was something I had never heard before, or even thought possible.

When I would listen to it, it would have a calming influence on me, and yet in that calm there was chaos. It's as if the music was a millisecond away at all times from unleashing an unending flow of unbridled fury. And the words... wow. I never knew someone could write lyrics like that.

This song changed me and my life. I immediately sought out music similar to Hum, and while I never found anything quite like it again, I found many other amazing bands that helped shape my entire life. It still affects me today.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Jet - Move On

This song taught me how to appreciate dearly the ones you love, and cherish them while endlessly. Nothing can replace the feeling of knowing there's someone out there who adores you moreso than any other existing entity.

brisk & ham - angel eyes
this song really changed me I stoped listening to pop music after I heard that song also I started to dance shuffle and mix songs.
well thats about all I can say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)