Battling 101 Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that since signups closed a month ago and the usual turnover time is 3 weeks-ish, they'll re-open within the next 10 days.

Also, you need one post a day, then an extra 5 posts. That's not hard to understand at all.

DX You're kidding me with the 15 post thing, right? All that does is make it more frustrating and time-consuming for new members, (like me >_>) and that could make them either a. Become inactive/ b. Just keep posting on random posts that they don't care about for ten days just so they can sign up/ or c. find that this is bullcrap, like me.
I know I'm a new member and have lots to learn I bet, but couldn't you make a way that's....less time-consuming? I might have an idea too if you don't mind my suggestion...Wait I should've asked this question first. Does it mean you need to post 15 times on each of the ten days, or does it mean you need to have at least 15 posts TOTAL in 10 days? If the answer is the last one, ignore this message DX. Ok, but if it's the first one, then I might have a better way...
Say someone is assigned a tutor. Say that person can't make it because of something very important, like a funeral. Well couldn't they private message the tutor beforehand telling why they won't be able to make it to the lesson, or why they might be late, etc? And if they forget to message the tutor maybe 10 times or so in a repetitive period or such, couldn't the tutor mark them as inactive or something like that? It's just a suggestion and I'm sorry that I'm kind of ranting a little, I just don't want new people to have some dumb restriction before they can sign up, which might take MORE waiting, so that they can be tutored.
Thanks for listening I think
no it's so you don't sign up and leave, it's a waste of time and one of the aims of battling 101 is to integrate you into the community. if you're not willing to be a part of the community we cannot teach you pokemon. the 15 posts in 10 days (that's 15 posts spread across 10 das by the way) restriction is supposed to make users become inactive, it's so we can weed out the sincere tutees from the random serebii users that stumble on our site.

no it's so you don't sign up and leave, it's a waste of time and one of the aims of battling 101 is to integrate you into the community. if you're not willing to be a part of the community we cannot teach you pokemon. the 15 posts in 10 days (that's 15 posts spread across 10 das by the way) restriction is supposed to make users become inactive, it's so we can weed out the sincere tutees from the random serebii users that stumble on our site.
Oh ok then I'm just very confused DX, and, also, why is every who is quoted Fat? >_>

I understand the 15 posts over ten days thing so i'm not asking for clarification about the actual number or days.

My question is though, with that ruling does it have to be ten recent days?
Checking my own stats I have 15 over ten but with a massive (2 years) gap of inactivity.

im new here so i have a lot of questions:
1. I want to be a tutee, so how do i sign up?
2. Many people are confused about the post thingy, so if i post 2 post each day is it ok?
3. When does the next round start?
4. How exactly the tutor will teach the tutee? By chatting? Posting? Messages? Or webcam? If webcam then i cant
5. When will the tutor teach? Everyday?
6. Is there anything else that i should know?

Tq, :D

oh yeah, i almost forgot. After i sign to be a member in this website(not sign up to be a tutee), an email should be send to my email right to activate my account or something like that? The problem is i dont get the email ???

i dont understand? Im new here, I want to sign up to be a tutee but how???
You have to wait until a new round then, you just post the information they ask, and you must be able to use shoddy battle, and have at least 15 post in 10 days.

im new here so i have a lot of questions:
1. I want to be a tutee, so how do i sign up? See above answer.
2. Many people are confused about the post thingy, so if i post 2 post each day is it ok? As long as it's for 10 days, its Ok.
3. When does the next round start? It's already been a while, shouldn't take that long, be patient, and check here regularly.
4. How exactly the tutor will teach the tutee? By chatting? Posting? Messages? Or webcam? If webcam then i cant. Usually it's using a chat, and you often do battles.
5. When will the tutor teach? Everyday? Whenever you both can/want.
6. Is there anything else that i should know? Like what?

Tq, :D

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
oh yeah, i almost forgot. After i sign to be a member in this website(not sign up to be a tutee), an email should be send to my email right to activate my account or something like that? The problem is i dont get the email ???
I wouldn't worry about the acctivation email. That only gives you posting rights, and considering you have just posted, I wouldn't worry about it. I never got that email either.

I withdrew from the program before I got a tutor due to inactivity issues. I can now bump my activity up to 3 days a week. Will that suffice or should I just give the whole thing a pass.

I withdrew from the program before I got a tutor due to inactivity issues. I can now bump my activity up to 3 days a week. Will that suffice or should I just give the whole thing a pass.
It depends how long you're available for those three days. I mean, it's not ideal, but I'm sure there are tutors who can work with that, depending on your hours of availability.

after i sign up to be a tutee? How do i know who is my tutor? How do i contact him/her?

What is a shoddy battle? Why do i need it? Is it going to be use often?

after i sign up to be a tutee? How do i know who is my tutor? How do i contact him/her? Your post will be edited in to say which tutor you've been assigned to. You and your tutor will find a medium which you can both contact eachother with (MSN, AIM, etc.).

What is a shoddy battle? Why do i need it? Is it going to be use often? Shoddy Battle is an online Pokemon simulator that you can use you can use to battle, make teams and chat. Type "Shoddy Battle" into any search engine and you should find it easily. It's a quick download that you run via Java. It's necessary, and I'd imagine it's going to be used a lot; that's where you'll be making teams and such.

Added in some answers for you.

there is so much complaining When the rules are clear and there are guys like me who really would do whatever it takes to get into the community and learn this game even more.

im just here camping the start of this tutoring 101 thing since i don't know where to start :( can't wait!

may as well be as active as i can in the meantime

How do I tell if/when I'll be tutored? I'm an EST person but had to sign up in the 10 PM-6 AM section for round 46. I haven't been assigned to anyone or anything and I don't know if I was too late or won't be tutored because my time zone tutors are too busy or what.

How do I tell if/when I'll be tutored? I'm an EST person but had to sign up in the 10 PM-6 AM section for round 46. I haven't been assigned to anyone or anything and I don't know if I was too late or won't be tutored because my time zone tutors are too busy or what.
Round 46 ended over a month ago now. I gave everybody two+ weeks to PM me if they still wanted to participate in Battling 101, so I could move their Round 46 applications to Round 47. Looks like you never did, so unfortunately you're going to have to wait for Round 47 to be reopened to sign up. Keep an eye out for that!

i dont understand? What is the difference between round 46 and round 47?

I need help:
I downloaded shoddybattle, but i dont know how to run it? Its so complicated? Tell me how to install shoddybattle step by step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)