Rise my Six Espada

Alright so my computer can't show images at the moment so I can't really put images at the moment so I'll just edit those in later.

Team at a Glance:

The Team Individually:

Metagross @ occa Berry
Adamant Nature(+attack,-special attack)
EV: 252 HP, 232 attack, 12 defense, 8 Speed

Moves
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Explosion

Metagross, my favorite of all the pokemon leads. The 252 HP and 12 defense help it survive against other pokemon, the Occa berry helps it survive against fire attacks, Bullet punch is a stabbed priority with it's already high attack, Stealth Rock of course goes on every lead and Explosion as a back up.

Weakness: Fire: Swampert
Ground: Swampert/Latias

Tyranitar @ Choice scarf
Jolly
EV: 4 HP, 252 attack, 252 speed

Moves
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

Tyranitar was actually the most difficult pokemon for me to decide it's role. I was constantly thinking between a Scarftar or CB tyranitar. In the end I decided to choose the Scarftar to act as sort of a revenge killer but also to outspeed many pokemon that aren't expecting it. Stone Edge and Crunch gain STAB, Pursuit is for trapping Latias and Gengar and Earthquake is for dealing with Fires, steels(not named Scizor) and Electric.

Weakness: Fighting: Gengar
Water: Swampert
Grass: Latias/Scizor
Ground: Latias/Swampert
Steel: Scizor

Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid
EV: 4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 speed

Moves
Draco Meteor
Thunder Bolt
Surf
Trick

Latias is simply amazing. She serves as a not only Gyarados Counter(which is my main threat) but also as a really potent Special Sweeper. Draco Meteor STAB plus Choice Specs does lots of damage, potential OHKOing most pokemon. Latias also Resists lots of things that give my pokemon trouble and she's been pulling her weight better than Salamence. Surf and Thunder Bolt give more Coverage and Trick is to really mess up some pokemon. I used choice specs over choice scarf because Latias already outruns most pokemon so I figured I might as well boost her special attack.

Weakness: Ice: Swampert
Dragon: Scizor

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant
Technician
EV: 248 HP, 252 attack, 8 speed

Moves
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Super Power
Roost

one of the most over used pokemon of all time and one of my old favorites. No matter what team I make Scizor is always going to be in it since it is one of the few OU pokemon that I truly actually like as one of my favorites. This Scizor is a little different than the usual Revenge Killer one. I can use Swords Dance to boost it up and then Bullet punch alot of pokemon to death, Roost to recover from the Life Orb or other things. Super Power takes care of Magnezone.

Weakness: Fire: Swampert

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid
EV: 4 HP, 252 special attack, 252 speed

Moves
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast

One of my favorite pokemon, a very power ful special sweeper that can hit hard. Shadow Ball is for STAB, Thunder Bolt since I didn't have any electric attacks and Focus Blast for Tyrantiar and other steels. Subsitute when they're going to switch in. I believe by adding him he has more synergy than Gliscor did and adds another special sweeper to the team.

Weakness: Ghost: Tyranitar/Scizor
Psychic: Tyranitar/Scizor
Dark: Tyranitar

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
EV: 252 HP, 4 attack, 252 defense,

Moves
Roar
Stone Edge
Ice Beam
Earthquake

So by taking out Gliscor I left myself without a protection against eletric attacks so I decided to get rid of Suicune and add Swampert since it serves the same goal that Gliscor and Suicune did(-Levitate but Gengar has that). Ice beam helps get rid of Mence, Stone Edge for Gyarados, EQ for STAB and Roar to act as a hazer and to abuse stone edge.

Weakness: Grass: Scizor/Latias

You have a very solid team here but i have noticed 1 major weakness in the name of gyrados it can come in on a choice locked scizor or Ttar DD up and rip apart your team if its an offensive DD gyra your only hope is to let LO and SS damage kill it as your 3 switch ins are metagross who takes 119.9% - 141.1% form an EQ, Scizor who cant do shit to it and is 2hko withe ase 79% - 93.6% from waterfall and swampert who takes 52% - 61.4% again from watercall so is 2hko and only way you can deal with it is sac something to brig in swampert for free and hope stone edge hits and thats only doing 57.4% - 67.7% so not even a OHKO my suggest to combat this is to swap gengar for a Jolteon with an EV spread of 252 Satk / 252 Spe / 4HP with a timid nature holding leftovers you will outsped all Gyrados with a neutral nature and last month only 20.4% of gyra ran jolly.

| Gyarados | Nature | Jolly | 20.4 |

If you use a movespread of Thunderbolt/HP (grass/ice)/Sub/Battonpass you will be able to switch into a gyra as it DD's up then sub on the switch and pass out or attack depending on which is the right situation. With hidden power its a matter of person use but with your team i would run grass due to without it your team may have trouble with swamperts and the odd hippodon but ice hits dragons harder so its up to you. This set also provies sub passing to the rest of your team which if you get a free sub pass to your menace more then one thing is going to die trying to take that down.

Hi there. The biggest threat to your team it seems is Gyarados. At +1, Waterfall will easily defeat Tyranitar, Scizor, and Gengar, while Stone Edge OHKOs Salamence. Swampert can Roar it away, but that won't work against Bulky Gyarados as it has Taunt. Stone Edge also isn't the best move against it due to its shaky accuracy and Swampert's only mediocre attacking stat. With Swampert's lack of recovery it probably won't always come through as a Gyarados counter. The easiest way to fix this Gyara weakness is replacing Gengar with Rotom-A.

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold / EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp / Rest / Sleep Talk

Gyarados can only beat Rotom-A if it gets a critical hit or a lucky Waterfall flinch, both of which are not likely to happen. Rotom-A is also a great counter to Scizor, who may put huge wholes in your team. It would revenge kill Tyranitar, Salamence, and Gengar with Bullet Punch which is why Rotom-A will be very beneficial to your team. Rotom-A will also alleviate some of the pressure put on Swampert, as you rely on it to counter multiple Pokemon. Good luck.

Just to add something unique to this RMT I would like to see the team get nicknames (e.g. Tyranitar: Yammy, Scizor: Ulquiorra etc.) Although that is kind of unnecessary it would be fun.

I think that Salamence doesn't do much on this team and could be replaced by Latias. Latias is possibly the best poke for dealing with Gyarados as the only move that Gyarados uses that can reliably hurt Latias is Ice Fang (which is rarely used). You already have a special sweeper in Gengar so a Choice Scarf Latias would suffice. A moveset of Draco Meteor ~ Thunderbolt ~ Surf ~ Trick. This can easily switch in on Gyarados, outspeed and OHKO. It also delivers a bigger punch than Salamence, faster than Salamence. Trick helps greatly against stall teams and you don't need the extra speed against them. Draco Meteor will leave a massive crater with at least one pokemon in. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and Bulky Waters. Surf is the second best attacking type in OU (after dragon). On top of this Latias has better synergy with this team than Salamence does. The only drawbacks are that it might get promoted to Uber and its fucking hard to get a perfect Latias in game.

Continuing off Metanite's rate:
Salamence is not going to last long at all especially with Life Orb as an item, Tyranitar on the team causing sanstorm and no Rapid Spinner. Salamence is going to loose 25% (SR) + 10% (LO) + 6% (SS) = 41% of it's HP every time it switches in and attacks, and that's assuming the opponent doesn't attack. With that being said, I believe that the simplest solution to this problem is to switch your Salamence moveset to classic MixMence since it packs Roost in it's moveset which increases it's survivability significantly.

Salamence @ Life Orb | Intimidate
Rash | 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Draco Meteor | Roost | Brick Break | Fire Blast

Now, the Gyarados and Scizor weak means that you must replace Gengar with Rotom-H as MetaNite said so be sure to use the set he suggested.

I've been seeing this a lot lately; the combination of CB Scizor and Choice Scarf Tyranitar is redundant since Tyranitar has Pursuit; so Latias, Gengar, Rotom-A and Starmie are solidly checked. I would suggest using the SDer set, since you do not loose anything significant, you still have the ability to revenge kill Salamence and you add a dangerous SDer that can destroy unprepared teams. In addition, SD Scizor works well with Scarf Tar since it removes his counters such as Zapdos and Rotom-H. By removing the Choice Band, you also lessen the amount of switches you execute and switch-in less into SR.

Scizor @ Life Orb | Technician
Adamant | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch | Superpower | Roost | Swords Dance

Now some small changes. With Rotom-H handling Gyarados, you don't need Stone Edge on Swampert as Ice Beam hits Flying types for SE damage as well. Instead, I suggest trying out Surf as it provides dual STAB alongside Earthquake and hits Levitators hard.

In short, just use Classic MixMence instead of your current one; the Rotom-H MetaNite suggested over Gengar; SD Scizor instead of CB Scizor and Ice Beam over Stone Edge on Swampert. Good Luck.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello sorry for not replying earlier to your PM, guess I'll start with my rate now.

Like others, I would definitely consider using Rotom in your team over Gengar. At a glance, I would like to see your team do better against pokemon such as Scizor who will enjoy U-turning all over the place with your team, especially with the lack of speedy pokemon who can reliably handle Scizor in your team. Rotom-h brings no additional weaknesses to your team, and beats out Gyarados and Scizor easier -- additionally, should you use a Rest set then you give yourself a reliable status absorber. You can probably go off MetaNite's spread as it doesn't really matter much so long as you get the bulk you need.

With CB Scizor and Scarf Tyranitar, you are trapping a multitude of threats, though having both of these trappers on the team can provide some serious backfire as the opponent begins to set up something DDMence, or Zen Headbutt Agiligross which can prove threatening late game as Swampert lacks a form of recovery. Luckily, by running Rotom-h you can ease this minor problem a bit so long as you play your cards right. You should definitely consider running an SD set on Scizor.

Moving onto a playstyle - esque concern about your team, though. You are going to have a bit of trouble with stall when your best stall breaker dies pretty fast to entry hazards and wearing down, so I'd take Noseferalto's suggestion and simply run Roost over Outrage, running Classic Mixmence instead. However, this alone will probably not cut it, as your team gives many oppurtunities for pokemon like Skarmory and Forretress to set up entry hazards, and this will weaken 4/6 of your team significantly, leaving out simply a Salamence and a Rotom-h, both of which aren't enough to decimate a whole team.

I realize that you took Gliscor out prior to posting this rmt, but with the changes suggested already I feel that it isn't a bad idea to put it back in. Gliscor, unlike Swampert, can Taunt foes and stop them from setting up entry hazards to the important parts of your team, namely Tyranitar and Scizor, who fuction as the clean up pokemon that allow Salamence to sweep a bit easier, without fear of something like Starmie or Latias that outspeed it.

If you haven't already used this set, try

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil / Impish / 252 HP 40 Def 216 Spe
Toxic/Taunt/Roost/Earthquake

, which plays very well against defensive Rotom-a and shuts down the entry hazard and status abusing pokemon that your team doesn't really want to face. Additionally, it Toxics bulky waters who would try and come in; furthermore, it still keeps good synergy with a pokemon like Tyranitar, and makes sure that you don't get hurt too bad by something like Machamp.

Change Gengar and Pert for Rotom-h and Gliscor, try out classic mence and sd scizor, and good luck with the team.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On your Salamence, keep the EVs as is, you need all the Speed and SpA that you can get, however I would drop Outrage for Roost and change Earthquake to Brick Break. Most Heatran carry shuca's nowadays or are scarfed...you lose regardless. Occasionally you'll fine one that isn't scarfed, but those usually just carry Explosion/Overheat as the only moves to damage Mence. With that being said, Brick Break helps you deal with Tar well, helps with Blissey, and it still can nail heatran for some decent damage.

That's my only nitpick

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to RMT.

All of you suggested I got with Classic Mixmence so I'm definately going to try it out and see how it works.

Also I'm going to try out SD Scizor.

I love Rotom and would love to use it but I heard that Rotom stays in it's regular form during WIfi battles so that makes Rotom pretty useless unfortunately.

Also Sce4 here are their nicknames

Metagross-SzyelAporro
Gengar-Nnoitra
Swampert-Halibel
Salamence-Stark
Scizor-Gin(not an espada but he reminds me of gin for being sneaky and Bullet punch is shinzo lol)
Tyranitar-Grimmjow

I'm going to try out Choice Scarf Latias over Salamence to see how it works. The only problem I see is that I don't have any fire attacks anymore.

I'm really liking SD Scizor but the only thing I don't like is the recoil damage from the life orb. Any ideas of what other item I should use?

if you still want a boost on atack but dont like the recoil from life orb then iron plate can be useful on SD scizor, not only it boost your main atack (bullet punch) but can also fake a CB set if you still have to use SD, iron plate does count for something though, a +1 bullet punch with iron plate always ohko standard mence with SR damage different from the leftovers variant (miss the ohko), it always ohko scarf latias at +2 (leftovers can miss though its very rare and no rocks in field) and same case for scarf flygon(very rare), i also would suggest brick break over superpower only because you will probaly have to switch out after superpower and SD+atack droping move was never reliable (all you get is the ohko on magnezone and heatran switch and swampert cover both)

Alright I'll try out the Iron Plate even though the increase is slightly lower. I really like Super power though since it gives more damage and specially now without the Life Orb or Choice band.

Alright I just updated the team. I took out Salamence for Latias. I'm thinking of getting rid of Gengar.

I really want to use Rotom H but the problem is that on wifi he reverts to his regular form, so does anybody have any alternatives?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)