Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nats is the best regional:

Normal Regional: 16 spots for nats
Nats LCQ: probably 30-40+ spots for nats

Don't complain.
I dunno, that depends on if they're going to fill the spots of top 16 placers who couldn't make it to nationals with extra people from the last chance qualifier.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
They do that with the LCQ for the card game, so it would only make since that they do it the same way. Its one of the main reasons for a LCQ so that they can fill the tournament.

Lol Mike told me exactly how it worked last year when he was checking my Cart. It basically compares your poke to a "list of what's allowable ingame" (pokemon/nature/IV/EV/gender/shinyness/ability/movepool/level/met-at-screen) that's what he said.

THAT BEING SAID...

You're 100% a noob if you try to sneak anything past the hack check. IIIIIIIIITS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOORTH DIIIIIIIIISQUALIFICATION!!!!! RNG is easy. Learn to do it. :P
"Met-at-screen", meaning varifying the place/literal screen you encountered/caught/received the Pokemon, correct? Or do you mean the screen in the Pokemons profile that says "Met at <location here>"?

I won't be worrying about this too much. I have most of the pokes I will be using anyway as legits.

I'm not so sure about this metagame. How successful do you think a Mewtwo / Abomasnow lead combo would be? Possibly pair them with a Dialga and.. something. Latios maybe?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I decided I needed some vacation time so I'll be in Seattle the weekend of VGC and attending :) Now I just need to put together a team before then!

If all goes well, I should be making the drive with my friend from Vancouver to Seattle as well! ... Just bought SS yesterday, so lots of catching up to do. Finished 6th badge just now.

If all goes well, I should be making the drive with my friend from Vancouver to Seattle as well! ... Just bought SS yesterday, so lots of catching up to do. Finished 6th badge just now.
So is it looking like you guys will come down? I'm bringing my friend just for kicks. xD
I'm just finishing up my EV training as we speak. :)

If my (well, "our" since you know her too) friend can make it to Vancouver (from Victoria) that day... or better yet the day before, I'll drive the two of us (possibly one more) to Seattle unless some sort of emergency comes up for either of us.

Maybe we Vancouverites (Feathers, Firestorm, TRE, me... others?) could have a meet up sometime before the tournament, just for chats or practice battles or whatever? Anyway, this is probably getting off topic so I'll stop here. :)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have zero time to do anything in the next week or so (end of school, new job, volunteer). Maybe two days next weekend to do some Pokemon (I don't have a team created on paper yet let alone in the game) and then busy again. So unfortunately, I won't be able to do any pre-VGC stuff.

Man, I wish I could get my hands on one of those HBC Canada hoodies from the Olympics so I could rep Canada.

About the first-come, first-serve basis...

Do you think people will be allowed to camp out? Or will there be a pre-determined time when the contestants are permitted to start lining up?

We should refuse to play anyone against Smogon and wait for another opponent until we all get to Top 16 8D
Then the tournament probably won't run, lol. Almost everyone who wins at least their first 3 matches will have some kind of affliliation with Smogon or at least another site due to the sheer amount of good internet players who are turning up.

Though I'm going to do my absolute best to avoid playing mates in the earlier rounds. "'scuse me but could I pleez play against sumone else? I came here with my friend and it'd be a shame to have to fight so early" would probably work until top 16.

Though I'm going to do my absolute best to avoid playing mates in the earlier rounds. "'scuse me but could I pleez play against sumone else? I came here with my friend and it'd be a shame to have to fight so early" would probably work until top 16.
Are you serious? You are going to complain because you don't want to play your friend?
Try growing a pair, and just play.

PokemonVGC said:
A player may be disqualified from the event based on actions taken by friends or relatives who disrupt the operation of the tournament.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We should refuse to play anyone against Smogon and wait for another opponent until we all get to Top 16 8D
I would certainly hate to see our rematch go on at same time another match is underway with a lv39 leafeaon vs an articuno with fly or an empoleon with bubblebeam.

Yeah, when people say no smogoner got in, they mean it. There was a big group of 10 or so of us and none of us were selected. None of the top 8 players from NY last year were selected to even try a repeat performance. I did get a few pictures with Marilland, and this should make zerowing more jealous, but he even signed(gasp!) my German Koffing TCG card("Smogon"). The people who got in though were god awful. Even as late as the top 32 there were things like bubblebeam Empoleon, thunderbolt Rhyperior, Lv.39 Leafeon, Arial Ace/Blizzard Articuno, Dream Eater Spiritomb, and multiple Fly Salamences. What's even more sad is that a lot of those actually made top 16 x_x

I know how Vash placed, but I don't want to spoil it for him, so I won't say how he did :p

Well yeah. It's worth a try. I'd so much rather play some random guy than my buddy who I'd like to get as far as possible.

Strikes me as pretty wasteful to not even attempt to play someone else instead. At London last year I saw a guy ask to play someone else and the tournament staff weren't bothered at all; they just let him... it shouldn't really be an issue.

And by ask I mean ask politely once and then if they say no just battle, that's all. :P
Kicking up a fuss actually would be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)