Mirror Match Tournament - Sign Ups

Implement IV Staggering?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IV staggering option

This might get lost in the influx of join posts, but I am curious to hear some reasoning of those who voted against the IV staggering. I am just surprised since I was of the impression that everyone hated gambling with speed ties. Changing a single IV will probably only have effect when you are up against your mirror poke, and in that situation I think I would always rather know who was faster.

Both IV staggering and speed ties grant some advantage, but at the least the IV staggering puts the advantage in the hands of the player (in terms of team building and having more knowledge during the battle), and since this tourney is billed as on that examines skill I thought that would be the better option. Furthermore, I think the advantage gained by someone getting the first pick is less than what can be gained from the random outcomes of speed ties.

However, since the initial poll results show thats not how the majority feels, wondering why or if there is something obvious I'm missing!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In if I may, and it creates less of a splash than sleep clause but since you didn't mention evasion and OHKO clause I assume its up to us?
If you read the detailed rules it is made clear that you may use OHKO and Evasion moves.

@tophway
A fairly large part of it will be the loss of total symmetry, which is a key selling point of this tournament. It's also kinda annoying to sort out for each team, and introduces all sorts of little things with Hidden Power, IV/Nature restrictions on legends, and forcing team builders to minimize the "fist to chose" advantage. However, I too am surprised there is such a large majority against it, would have thought that the anti-hax feelings would have been stronger. I have linked to your post from the OP, and will do the same for this and any future ones to avoid them getting lost.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the way this is going it could well be a 128 player tourney, and should easily make 96, so don't worry about it being full yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)