Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to find out if a pokemon is either non redis or redis?
Ask.
Do multi-hit moves break focus sash on the first turn they're used (if they would be a 1 hit ko)?
No.
Is there any point to leveling competitive Pokemon any higher then they have to be? For example, if I have a fully EV'd, every move I want Swampert at level 36, is there any point in leveling him to 50 if the game automatically scales up?
No. Battle Tower and VGC tournaments will not level up your pokemon, though.
If I opt to use a revenge-kiliing Choice Scarf Darkrai, should Dark Void be used for fast sleep, or Focus Blast for opposing Darkrai? Focus Blast isn't very reliable, so...
I would suggest HP Fighting, though I'm not generally a reliable source for Ubers. While Focus Blast does more damage over time, assuming exactly seven out of ten attacks hit, HP Fighting will only miss twice in a row through extreme Bright Powder hax or something of the sort. Reliability>Power in most cases. 'Course, In your specific case, HP Fighting will only KO opposing Darkrai if the opposing Darkrai been damaged, so it is up to you. You could run both if you really want to.

I think most of the reason that Dark Void isn't used on Choice Scarf sets without Trick is because it can easily give your opponent a free switchin due to Sleep Clause and a free turn of set up can make you lose the game in Ubers (or so I've heard).

Regarding the Borderline tier/status, exactly what sort of standing do these Pokemon have as far as their ability to be used in the tiers?

If my understanding is correct, they're Pokemon that were rejected from UU, so that means that for all intents and purposes they're OU right? If so, what exactly is the distinction between OU and BL? :\ This is something that's always confused me.

If you have a male and a female Shroomish/Breloom that have Spore, then the offspring would have it too.

Regarding the Borderline tier/status, exactly what sort of standing do these Pokemon have as far as their ability to be used in the tiers?

If my understanding is correct, they're Pokemon that were rejected from UU, so that means that for all intents and purposes they're OU right? If so, what exactly is the distinction between OU and BL? :\ This is something that's always confused me.
OU is based on usage, and BL is a list of Pokémon banned from UU. BL isn't a tier in itself, but some may play UU with BL's allowed (although that seems very unfun). BL's can only be used in OU or Ubers.

How do I get Baoba in HGSS's Safari Zone to give me more blocks. I need 13 Plains and 17 Peak Objects but I don't have any Plains or Peak Objects (only Forest Objects). Is there a way I can accelerate the process so I can get Baoba to give me the desire objects.

Also I'm trying to catch a Gible and it requires me to wait 100 days after I have placed my Objects. Is there a way to speed up this process? DS Clock?

Can anyone suggest some Pokemon in UU/NU/OU to catch that do not have any egg moves worth grabbing? I plan on learning to catch stuff now that I have 'mastered' breeding!

Also, I am looking at catching a Modest Bellossom, I don't see any egg moves she would use, just want to double check =)

A weird thing happened yesterday when I was battling on PBR with a friend. I u-turned out with my crobat to a choice banded Scizor, but when the Scizor came in, the game wouldn't let me choose any other attack but u-turn, as if I had already chosen it for him.

Is this a known mechanic? I had never heard of it before, and as a result it kinda fucked me up in-battle.

Also I'm trying to catch a Gible and it requires me to wait 100 days after I have placed my Objects. Is there a way to speed up this process? DS Clock?
I heard that if you mess with the DS clock that it will reset the 100 days entirely, which means that you cannot RNG the pokes in the Safari zone that require waiting days.

are latias/latios's nature and IVs in hg set from when you talk to steven? and in emerald, are they set when you beat the e-four?

im trying to win 100 in a row i recently lost at 28 with this team

gengar/ lifeorb
hasty
-shadow ball
-thunderbolt
-destiny bond
-sludgebomb

metagross/ leftovers
adamant
-meteor mash
-explosion
-return
-agility

dragonite/expert belt
jolly
-firepunch
-outrage
eartquake
-dragon dance

i just need help im trying to train my jolley gible now. anyone have any suggestions on a team i can use with metagross and im probably gonna put garchomp in it once its done how should i lead and what items please help thanks!!

This might be more appropriate in the ShoddyBattle question thread, but I figure it's more of a gameplay ethics sort of question.

Is there any problem in terms of tournament rules with me switching the sprites ShoddyBattle uses to ones I've created? Specifically, ones where I have written things like "THIS HAS LEVITATE" or "YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE THUNDERBOLTED BY THIS"? I figure it's no different than quickly checking a few sites between moves, but I hadn't heard of this being brought up before so I figured I'd ask.

I heard that if you mess with the DS clock that it will reset the 100 days entirely
if that's true then I would like to hit Game Freak over the head with a baseball bat upon which is written "Daylight Saving Time".

It's bad enough that much of the whole Safari Zone business is what I'd call "guide material" - stuff that's in the game that you'd have no hope of finding yourself, instead forcing you to use a guide. Probably Nintendo get backhanders from the guide publishers.

if that's true then I would like to hit Game Freak over the head with a baseball bat upon which is written "Daylight Saving Time".

It's bad enough that much of the whole Safari Zone business is what I'd call "guide material" - stuff that's in the game that you'd have no hope of finding yourself, instead forcing you to use a guide. Probably Nintendo get backhanders from the guide publishers.
I'd like to point out that Japan doesn't have Day Light Saving Time, so it's not a problem for them, and that sort of thing might not be thought about.

Can anyone suggest some Pokemon in UU/NU/OU to catch that do not have any egg moves worth grabbing? I plan on learning to catch stuff now that I have 'mastered' breeding!

Also, I am looking at catching a Modest Bellossom, I don't see any egg moves she would use, just want to double check =)
Obviously genderless Pokemon wouldn't need Egg moves. Gyrados and Tauros can't get Egg moves either. I'm not sure about anything else, though.

Gastly would probably be a good place to start. It is common, and all of Gengar's competitive moves are available through level-up, tutors, or TMs. The only significant egg move is Explosion, which can also be taught via TM.

Is there any use for Life Orb Mewtwo without Selfdestruct? The analysis mentiones Calm Mind as an option, but why not just use Taunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)