~Wake up in the morning feeling like KICKING ASS~ (UU offense)

This is my latest team that I made without Froslass and Raikou in mind. It's been doing very well only losing a few times out of a large amount of matches. It's basically kill or be killed, because only 2 Pokemon on my team can really take a hard hit and they're meant to be offensive anyway. On to the team. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changes in BOLD

Lust(Mesprit)@Lum Berry
Nature:Quiet
Ability:Levitate
Ev's:252HP/48Atk/200SpA/8Spe
-Thunder Wave
-Grass Knot
-U-turn
-Stealth Rock

Mesprit starts the team off, and it does an excellent job at that. Even with 252 ev's in HP, it's still able to take some powerful hits and still stand. Thunder Wave messes up fast threats and parahax is great for an offensive team. Grass Knot is necessary with a hefty ammount of SpA ev's to kill off Rhyperior, Omastar, Cloyster, and Kabutops. U-Turn to help gain momentum and Stealth Rock as a form of hazards to rack up damage, rid of sash, etc...Wanted to try and work Psychic in here but this Mesprit has been working pretty well. The 8 Speed lets be beat 4 speed base 70's.

Envy(Toxicroak)(F)@Lum Berry
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Dry Skin
Ev's:4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Low Kick
-Stone Edge

Physical Toxicroak is a forgotten threat, and many people will remember the force it is as it sweeps them. With so many Nasty Plot Croaks running around no one expects Swords Dance. Not many Pokemon can take the powerful hits this thing delivers. Cross Chop is STAB and has good coverage with Stone Edge, both powerful moves. Sucker Punch gives Toxicroak priority to hit faster Pokemon. Lum Berry was chosen to help against random hax and can allow me to get in another Swords Dance against Pokemon that rely on status to defeat Toxicroak. Basic 252/252 spread for ev's.

Greed(Alakazam)(F)@Wise Glasses
Nature:Timid
Ability:Inner Focus
Ev's:252SpA/4SpD/252SpA
-Calm Mind
-Encore
-Psychic
-Signal Beam

I absolutely love this thing. Everyone expects Trickspecs or Substitute these days so it's really easy to get a Calm Mind off. Pokemon that rely on Sucker Punch get Encored and eventually lose. With Alakazams high Speed it can switch in and Encore so many different things, pretty much every support move in the tier. Psychic is a powerful STAB attack and I chose Signal Beam as my coverage move as my other Pokes have no problem disposing of Registeel and Steelix. Ev's are of course, a simple 252/252 spread. Testing Wise Glasses to boost power/bluff choice but I still find Lefties superior.

Sloth(Rhyperior)(F)@Wide Lens
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Solid Rock
Ev's:12HP/252Atk/244Spe
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn

So Rhyperior is here to take Torterra's place; to help handle physical Flyers like Scyther and Swellow. He has more trouble with bulky waters, but he can set up on more pokemon overall. STAB EdgeQuake dents pretty much everything, while Megahorn covers what might resist that like Claydol and helps with bulky Psychics. Still unsure about the item...going with Wide Lens for now cause it can bluff Choice while giving Stone Edge/Megahorn a much needed accuracy boost. 244 speed because it reaches enough to beat Swellow + Scarfers that try and beat it by a few points. Rest dumped into HP.

Pride(Houndoom)(F)@Life Orb
Nature:Mild
Ability:Flash Fire
Ev's:4Atk/252SpA/252Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Sucker Punch

Houndoom is probably one of the strongest special sweepers in UU. Much more destructive then Moltres if you ask me. After a Nasty Plot, even Chansey is being 2HKO'd. Sucker Punch was added over HP Grass to help against Dugtrio and to hit faster threats. Dark Pulse is another STAB move that wrecks Slowbro and other Pokemon that resist/are immune to Fire like Arcanine. After a NP Arcanine is OHKO'd even without rocks while it can't OHKO back. Ev's are 252/252 for maximum offensive capability.

Wrath(Hitmonlee)(M)@Black Belt
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Limber
Ev's:4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Substitute
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-Sucker Punch

Hitmonlee is pretty much the cleaner, coming in when the team is weakened and firing off Close Combats. It usually comes in after Toxicroaks rampage is put to an end. It's a good Poke out of that anyway. Everyone assumes Scarf so it can net a shitload of suprise KO's, and Substitute gives great utility and easing prediction with Sucker Punch. With Black Belt, Close Combat 2HKO's standard Milotic, Donphan, and Blastoise, while OHKing standard Umbreon and Registeel. A true monster to be up against. Ev's are, again, for maximum offensive capability.

Thanks for looking!!! (:

Looks like an awesome team. Personally, I would make Torterra more defensive, since he can dominate with Leech Seed and Substitute. It is just a suggestion, but I have more success ending a sweep (like Toxicroak's) with a defensive approach. It is more of a psychological thing, really, but Toxicroak -> Stall Torterra -> Hitmonlee could throw people off. But if ain't broke, don't fix it.

when i leave, brush my teeth with bidoof guts, cause when i leave for sinnoh, i am gonna take lust!

Please tell me the thread title WAS a reference to tik tok.

Anyway, I like your team. I love your mesprit. It's so versatile! Nice job

Lmao thanks for the comments. And I don't think making Torterra defensive is the best thing...It would be outsped and KO'd by Milotic + not hitting hard, which this team needs.

And yes it was a reference to Tik Tok. (:

Hello thund nice team!

I don't see the point of having Lefties on Kazam,I think you should change it with LO or Expert Belt,LO will often be more useful because Alakazam will dies on pretty much every physical attack,while Expert Belt will allow you to bluff Specs (before you reveal CM of course).If you still go with Lefties I will recommend Substitute over Encore.Substitute also help Alakazam from substitute,ease your prediction,and help you from random status.
I also see that your team will have huge trouble facing Swellow,as you have 3 weakness to flying attacks,no resistance to normal attack and nothing in your team can outspeed and kill Swellow (Toxicroak have Sucker Punch but smart player will predict it and use Quick Attack.I'll recommend CBperior over CBtorterra here.Sure you'll get so many nasty weakness but Rhyperior will help your big weakness to Swellow.Rhyperior also a good lure for Milo for Croak to set-up on.It also can severely weaken Slowbro with Megahorn for the rest of your team taking it down (Alakazam also set-up on most Slowbro)
Rhyperior @Choice Band
Ability :Solid Rock
88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Aqua Tail
I think you also need to use Expert Belt over Black Belt,I see that hitmonlee have a pretty good coverage with the move combination so boosting 3 of it's attack will be more benefical compared to one (or is it just a typo?)
I think Houndoom should go with Mixed Set with Sucker Punch with EV spread 114 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe and Mild nature,Milotic can never switch into Houndoom anyway because a combination of Fire Blast and Dark Pulse at +2 will always KO it after SR (with above spread),with Sucker Punch Houndoom can beat things that is trying to revenge it,i.e Dugtrio and Alakazam,Dugtrio will be OHKOed by Sucker Punch after SR 100% of the time while Alakazam will have no chance against you.
That's all I can suggest now GL with your team!

Nice team, indeed.

But i must say: Scyther makes your life hard, especially the SD Quick Attack one ( since Alakazam is OHKOed by a + Quick Attack).
Also, the mentioned Swellow also makes your life hard.

I agree that Rhyperior could be a good addition on the team.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! First full rate in a while. Hope you like it!

Looking at a specific threat to the team, Nasty Plot Mismagius seems to be a major threat to the team, especially with Spikes in play. SubNP with HP Fighting has the ability to OHKO this entire team (one layer (or layers) of Spikes and SR will do it for Torterra). Mismagius can easily come in on Mesprit, Torterra (drawing in Earthquake beforehand, which will be easy) and Hitmonlee (drawing in a Fighting move, of course) and set up on you. Your only counters are to sacrifice Alakazam to get some damage (more often than not to break a Sub) or play an extremely tense game of mind games with your opponent using Hitmonlee, which is not a reliable way to counter Missy. You're going to have an extremely tough time with Missy, as you have few checks to it let alone counters.

Swellow is a huge threat to this team as well, with STAB Facade and Brave Bird. Moltres, the other famous bird in the tier, also nails your team hard. You have nothing to counter them, either. This needs to be addressed somehow. Your only chance is Toxicroak's and Hitmonlee's priority attacks, which might not 2HKO together.

Rain Dance teams (those consisting of SDKabutops and SDQwill especially) will give you troubles. A +2 Kabutops will OHKO Toxicroak with Stone Edge, and Toxicroak is your only check to Rain Dance teams currently. Everyone else is out-sped (thanks to Swift Swim + Rain) and OHKO'd by Waterfall. Qwilfish is in a similar boat, although it cannot OHKO Toxicroak with Poison Jab.

Now, let's look at your team individually:

Mesprit

I don't understand the benefits of Mesprit as a Lead using this moveset. You still lose to Ambipom, Uxie, Froslass, and a lot of common leads. Your current set does not currently OHKO Omastar with Grass Knot either, so it's not preventing Stealth Rock on anything except Rhyperior (rare) and Kabutops (not as rare, but not common either). At the same time, you're losing a considerable amount of bulk with the investment of EV's and the lower base stats than Uxie. Do you realize that Ambipom's FO + Pursuit is a 2HKO before you can do anything? Thunder Wave seems superfluous on Mesprit as well, as it really shines with attacking moves coming off of Base 105 Offenses. TWave also seems to come in handy only in the case of Torterra, which will still be played around once your opponent realizes it's Banded. I feel like you need to either change Mesprit to Uxie (which is better in every single way at doing this job than Mesprit, plus can viably use TWave over the span of the match) or change your Lead Mesprit to a more offensive-minded anti-lead, which makes it viable over Uxie. Mesprit will not work well as a lead with this moveset, guaranteed. Either use the standard Uxie spread in the Pokedex (heck, Uxie gets Grass Knot too!) or change Mesprit to this:

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP/96 Atk/160 SpA
Nature: Brave
Moveset:
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- U-Turn

It still gets up Stealth Rock (albeit before Uxie, actually), but now it uses its STAB attack plus Grass Knot to hit some opposing leads pretty hard, including Froslass and Hariyama. This Mesprit also has the opportunity to scout AND provide some offense later on in the match, which does keep up with the offensive tempo this team seems to show.

Toxicroak

Overall, it's fine in terms of its role on the team. I actually run a Lum Berry SDAbsol on my current team that plays a similar role to this Toxicroak. Absol would provide you, however, a better way to take care of Mismagius, which could prove helpful. Toxicroak is slightly faster (about 20 stat points more), but Absol is much stronger (about 50 stat points more) and has STAB priority. Absol also gets a really nice ability in Super Luck, which rivals Dry Skin in usefulness. Especially on an Offensive team. The only thing you'll be missing is Stone Edge, but STAB Sucker Punch may make up for that. The Fighting weakness might also hurt (especially if you consider my Torterra change, which makes half your team weak). Consider replacing SDToxicroak with SDAbsol to better handle Mismagius and other Ghosts. It's not 100% necessary, but it will help in most areas.

Alakazam

It looks fine. It's risky, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Keep in mind, however, that things like Registeel, Steelix, and Aggron (most importantly) will have little to no problem setting up on you. Aggron especially, being slower before a Rock Polish and faster after, making Encore useless. Leftovers also seems useless, especially since you're not running Substitute. Other than these things, it's a good choice for the team.

Torterra

The more I look at this Pokemon, the more I want to replace it. I'm not sure what it's doing for this team. Its Speed is slow. It cannot counter anything, really, as it more or less focuses on just hitting hard and hoping for no switch. Yeah, it's nice that you can OHKO Milotic and 2HKO Slowbro, but other members of your team can pretty much handle these kinds of threats anyway without locking themselves into a move. However, I'm conflicted as to what to recommend, as you really need an answer to Swellow. Your best shot, in my opinion, is RPRhyperior:

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Moveset:
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

RPPerior is a force to be reckoned with, as many people can attest to. STAB Earthquake is the main sell, and with 379 Attack with Jolly (416 with Adamant, which I use), there is little to no need for a Band. Stone Edge hits the Flying types (see: Swellow and Moltres) for huge damage. Megahorn rounds out the set, 2HKO'ing Slowbro with a Jolly nature. It also hits Umbreon and such for big damage as well. Rhyperior resists Flying, Normal, and Fire, which greatly helps against Moltres and Swellow. It only fears HP Grass from Moltres if it has not gotten a Rock Polish in. The only reason why I can't say this is the perfect fit is that it is really weak to Rain Dance teams and 4x moves in general, although Torterra falls to the same threats anyway. I personally choose Adamant for the extra power, but Jolly does make it out-speed everything bar Electrode after a Rock Polish.

As I'm looking at the thread again, ZapdosBlitz's recommendation of CBPerior is not a bad choice either. I personally prefer the versatility of RPPerior, but the sheer power of CBPerior can't be ignored. It cannot effectively beat Moltres without prediction, however, whereas RPPerior can.

Houndoom

I like Houndoom. I wouldn't change its place on the team or anything. A nitpick, though: you don't really want to use HP Grass. You'd hit Slowbro with a Super Effective STAB Dark Pulse, first off, so Slowbro is a moot point. Milotic is not OHKO'd by a +2 HP Grass after SR. Dark Pulse does almost the same exact damage anyway. HP Flying is the superior option here, hitting everything that resists Fire/Dark, as well as giving you an option to hit opposing Houndoom switch-ins for neutral damage.

Hitmonlee

I like this move. I've tried a similar strategy with Dugtrio, and it's worked wonders. Nothing's better than OHKO'ing Moltres switch-ins who think they can deal with an easy CBTrio locked into Earthquake. Hitmonlee is a really underrated threat as well, which is great. I wouldn't change a thing here, except possibly an item. An Expert Belt or Muscle Band may help out more in the long run, and still fakes the Choice Scarf well.

It's a nice team, and I like the direction you're taking it in, with the anti-metagame movesets. Good luck, and hope this helps!

Oooh ok a lot of suggestions lol. :)

@Blitz,Blade, and Drk-Well my Torterra has actually been amazing but I do see the threat physical Flyers present. I'll test RPPerior but I'm still hesitant to use LO as the item. Any other suggestions for the item???

@Drk-Well it's an offensive team, how you counter threats has to be done different then 'send in generic wall that resists it's STAB.' Mismagius usually switch in on Toxicroak or Hitmonlee's STAB's thinking they can come out on top but they always lose. Stone Edge as it attempts to set up and then Sucker Punch as it attempts to get the hit in. Never fails. Also, Alakazam can Encore Sub/Nasty Plot/Hidden Power and begin to set up.

As for the lead, I really do recommend you try it lol. It screws lots of things over. Idk like I want Psychic bad but Thunder Wave is just too useful to shut down threats that would otherwise wreck my team. I'll have to test out different sets/spreads.

Toxicroaks Dry Skin is extremely useful to this team, otherwise what can switch into Water attacks??? It's staying. :)

Alakazam usually waits for those threats to be demolished, and 4 of my team members shit over Steel-types. =P Again I'm not sure of changing Lefties, Zam doesn't really need the power boost and the recovery can be helpful while trying to set up.

Most Hariyama nowadays are leads, and they use Guts so Houndoom can OHKO them. I don't see the appeal of HP Flying. Fire Blast still OHKO's Blaziken after a boost and Dark Pulse 2HKO's Houndoom. Hidden Power Grass is actually the best option since it basically makes Milotic useless as with SR+ Hidden Power Grass it'll be too weak to switch out as it'll die on the next switch in to SR, so Zam or whatever can pick it off. With Rhyperior testing now HP Grass on Houndoom should stay because it screws over Rhyperior's biggest counter.

Black Belt actually guarantees those KO's I said. Muscle Band would come short and Expert Belt would also come short against things hit neutrally. DEFINITELY not a typo Blitz. ;)

Thanks for looking!

Looks like a good team except for the glaring flying-type weakness (aka Scyther, Swellow, and Moltres). Now, I think instead of making your team more standard to fix this problem (ie, put Rhyperior > Torterra), I think you should use SD Kabutops in the last slot over Hitmonlee. I know you love Hitmonlee, but it really supplies you NO synergy which is probably the most important thing for an offensive team. Limber is dispensable because you have Torterra.

SD Kabutops hits like a truck and is one of the more effective ways of dealing with Swellow and Scyther because you get a free turn to set up whenever they come in. You will also absolutely fuck rain with Kabutops + Toxicroak + Torterra.

Nitpicks:

Torterra: I'd use 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe so that you can take Stone Edges from Rhperior slighly better. 216 Spe outpaces Milotic, and makes you go second against opposing Rhyperior (which is what you want because otherwise you get fucked by their Wood Hammer with Overgrow).

Houndoom: Modest????????????????????????????????HP Grass????

You need Sucker Punch for Houndoom to reach his full potential in this metagame. Dugtrio is too common to ignore. Use a Hasty nature with Sucker Punch so that you don't lose to both the most powerful attacker in the tier (Moltres) and the most overrated Pokemon in the tier (Dugtrio). The spread is 96 Atk / 216 Spe / 196 SpA.

@Heysup Actually I tried RPPerior and I like it so it has taken Torterra's place. I'll update the OP soon. So Swellow/Scyther are pretty much taken care of. And why is everyone hating on poor Lee? :( He's actually been the star Poke(well after Houndoom).

Speaking of Houndoom, Modest + HP Grass has been working very well for me. I haven't seen many Dugtrios but I've been seeing tons of Milotic and Blastoise for some weird reason and I need to be able to hit them as hard as possible. But if you really feel it's necessary I'll test Sucker Punch.

Why use Mesprit instead of Uxie? With U-turn you can just go to their respective counters. Rhyperior can be dealt with using Torterra, Cloyster and Omastar with anything that outspeeds them (e.g. Alakazam), and Kabutops can be paralyzed followed by a switch to Toxicroak.

Also, I think the amount of set-up sweepers with nothing to protect them with is rather alarming. You might want to slot in a screener somewhere, or maybe a bulky sweeper that can take a hit, or maybe switch a sweeper to a pivot.

@Blitz,Blade, and Drk-Well my Torterra has actually been amazing but I do see the threat physical Flyers present. I'll test RPPerior but I'm still hesitant to use LO as the item. Any other suggestions for the item???
I think a good set for Rhyperior is Subperior,not only it help with Physical Flyer aka Scyther and Swellow but behind the sub it also help with things like Raikou and Moltres,this also help your team taking some physical hit that your team really struggle with (the only poke that can actually take physical hit is Mesprit while you know what happen with Kazam,Doom,and Lee..)

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Ability:Solid Rock
136 Hp / 244 Atk / 128 Spe
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Substitute

Like what you said,you're a bit hesitant using LO so Leftovers solve this problem.Leftovers help it to become more durable,as I see that you will need it to be around as long as possible (Swellow is a late-game poke)
I see that HP grass a bit redundant on Houndoom.Dark Pulse will 2HKO (Fire Blast + Dark Pulse also KOes with SR) and Milotic is an easy set-up bait for Toxicroak (CroakDoom is a great offensive duo tbh).So I think Sucker Punch is the way to go on Houndoom (this makes Duggy cry cuz none of your ground weak poke will lose to it :D)

Regarding Banedon post,the reason why Thund is using Mesprit over Uxie is because HO team hate entry hazard as they rely on synergy to switching in and out,so entry hazard like SR and spikes will really hamper their ability to treathen their opponent and usually make offensive teams easier to play around.Also HO team usually handle set-upper by keeping the offensive pressure so they are won't allow any attempt to set-up

Oh and how Leftovers help setting-up on Kazam?I think Encore is the one that help you set-up
once again GL!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Banedon I think the most attractive bit about Mesprit over Uxie is that Grass Knot easily dispatches stuff like Rhyperior and Kabutops, while Uxie would pretty much helplessly watch (Most it can do is probably Thunder Wave on Kabutops).

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Now this... this team is truly epic. Seriously it's awesome AND inspired.

My only nitpicks are:
Change Houndoom's nature to Hasty. I know the power loss sucks but it's pretty important. Sucker Punch is pretty much a necessity so make sure you've got it.

Good luck!

PS: A minor thing, but the standard Dugtrio set includes Subsitute JUST to avoid said attack. You're better off attacking anyway, but if Dugtrio DOES sub, you better make sure your team can handle Dugtrio behind a sub.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
yo thunF. I don't really see much to change but i'll try to help anyways.

Ok since you say you barely use the last slot on torterra why don't you run return/double edge? I know it probably won't see THAT much use either but at least you can hit tangrowth/leafeon or maybe altaria if you screw up or something.

On toxicroak why don't you try low kick>cross chop? i know cross chop's accuracy is kind of homo so maybe you'd want to test that out. (note that i dont know if you miss out on any KO's but i don't think you do)

Last thing i can think of is maybe trying rock slide over stone edge on hitmonlee. Since basically the only things you want to hit with that are swellow/scyther/moltres/altaria and all are OHKOd (save altaria who needs SR) the better accuracy is probably better. The only problem might be ghosts but missy can probably stall out your stone edge till you miss, rotom should really only be dealt with under a sub, and if its a spiritomb youre screwed anyways.

Oh and also i have literally no idea what lum berry on lead mesprit is for. Is getting thunder waved THAT bad?? well anyway id probably change that to lefties.

p.s FEMALE ALAKAZAM IS GAY

anyway hope i helped

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

@Drk-Well it's an offensive team, how you counter threats has to be done different then 'send in generic wall that resists it's STAB.' Mismagius usually switch in on Toxicroak or Hitmonlee's STAB's thinking they can come out on top but they always lose. Stone Edge as it attempts to set up and then Sucker Punch as it attempts to get the hit in. Never fails. Also, Alakazam can Encore Sub/Nasty Plot/Hidden Power and begin to set up.

Well, first off, Mismagius should never switch into Toxicroak IMO. It's rarely Choiced, and both the Physical and (especially with Dark Pulse) Special sets deal with Mismagius as a switch-in, especially after a boost. My main concern in you switching Toxicroak into Mismagius who uses Substitute. Which is very common, and will happen in this situation as you yourself plan to use Toxicroak to counter it in this situation. Like Hitmonlee, Sucker Punch is unreliable against SubMagius. Will it attack? (an unboosted Shadow Ball 2HKO's, while a LOMagius can OHKO after a few layers of Spikes and SR.) Substitute? Set up? I find it hard to find any comfort in saying that Sucker Punch is a reliable way to take on Mismagius, especially with the mind games it can play with Substitute and Nasty Plot. Something that can take advantage of this kind of game so well is a threat. Alakazam can only Encore Mismagius. Once Alakazam is gone, or your opponent knows that it runs Encore, don't be surprised if Mismagius sweeps your team as it is currently.

As for the lead, I really do recommend you try it lol. It screws lots of things over. Idk like I want Psychic bad but Thunder Wave is just too useful to shut down threats that would otherwise wreck my team. I'll have to test out different sets/spreads.

To be honest, I'm not sold with your current spread. What I see from it so far:

• It loses to Uxie, Ambipom, Moltres (although TWave helps slightly, but I've seen a few Lum leads lately), Alakazam, Froslass, Hariyama, and the rare Machoke/Sneasel leads.
  • It cannot OHKO Omastar. It can somewhat 2HKO Regirock. You won't be preventing these two from setting up Stealth Rock, which is their primary goal as a lead. I listed earlier that you can beat Kabutops, but I was actually wrong: it's faster, so it sets up SR. And since it carries a Sash commonly, it will get SR in plus a Waterfall before it leaves, doing above and beyond what it was expected to do.
  • The only leads you can beat reliably without any negatives: Rhyperior.
  • It is frail. It will be 2HKO'd by almost all Super Effective hits or strong STAB users, and OHKO'd by pretty much any non-resisted boosted move.
Where are the positives? What can it contribute to the team as a lead that no other Pokemon can achieve with better success? As a SR and TWave user, it is completely out-classed by Uxie. You really need to give some solid examples of how this Mesprit succeeds as a lead where others cannot, or even just give us reasons to actually use it. I'm not trying to shoot it down 100%, but I'm looking for some reasoning behind the choice other than "It's good." :)

Toxicroaks Dry Skin is extremely useful to this team, otherwise what can switch into Water attacks??? It's staying. :)

I understand this point, which is why I wasn't making the change a 100% necessity personally. However, the only Water attacks you should be fearing are from Azumarill, Feraligatr, and Milotic. Azumarill still beats Toxicroak anyway, especially if it's the Sub variant. Feraligatr will most likely Dragon Dance on the switch, which means Toxicroak will be eating a +1 EQ. Milotic, however, is a good example of why Dry Skin is somewhat valuable to the team. Toxicroak is still a good fit for the team, and if you like him, keep him. I just believe that Absol provides more benefits to the team in terms of weaknesses (except for the Fighting/Bug weakness it will add). It's more preference than necessity.

Alakazam usually waits for those threats to be demolished, and 4 of my team members shit over Steel-types. =P Again I'm not sure of changing Lefties, Zam doesn't really need the power boost and the recovery can be helpful while trying to set up.

I personally like the Alakazam, and you are somewhat underestimating RPAggron in terms of this, but you're fine with the Steel types, yeah. However, I don't see how having Leftovers helps Alakazam set up. What will be accomplished when Alakazam is 2HKO'd by most neutral moves after Lefties recovery? On frail sweepers like Kazam, Lefties is valuable on sets that run Substitute, like Mismagius. This set doesn't run Substitute. I don't find Leftovers valuable here. Again, it's your call, though. Whatever you believe suits you best.

Most Hariyama nowadays are leads, and they use Guts so Houndoom can OHKO them. I don't see the appeal of HP Flying. Fire Blast still OHKO's Blaziken after a boost and Dark Pulse 2HKO's Houndoom. Hidden Power Grass is actually the best option since it basically makes Milotic useless as with SR+ Hidden Power Grass it'll be too weak to switch out as it'll die on the next switch in to SR, so Zam or whatever can pick it off. With Rhyperior testing now HP Grass on Houndoom should stay because it screws over Rhyperior's biggest counter.

Hidden Power Grass is not the best option. Some calculations:

Rhyperior:
+2 Dark Pulse: 131.3% - 154.7%
Milotic:
+2 HP Grass: 74.3% - 87.5%
+2 Dark Pulse: 63.4% - 74.8%

Most of your attacks already OHKO/2HKO the threats you have mentioned. Rhyperior is OHKO'd by Dark Pulse. Milotic takes pretty hard damage from Dark Pulse anyway, and after SR, almost everything on your team will be able to finish it off. HP Flying gives you a neutral option on everything that resists Fire and Dark. HP Grass does not. Heysup mentioned Sucker Punch, which helps a ton as well if you decide that it is a good choice.

Black Belt actually guarantees those KO's I said. Muscle Band would come short and Expert Belt would also come short against things hit neutrally. DEFINITELY not a typo Blitz. ;)

Muscle Band:
Milotic: 47.6% - 56.5% (2HKO after SR)
Donphan: 48.5% - 57.5% (2HKO after SR)
Blastoise: 44.2% - 52.5% (possible 2HKO after SR)
Registeel: 86.3% - 102.2% (55% OHKO after SR)
Umbreon: 105.1% - 123.9% (OHKO)
You gain: 10% increase of power on ALL moves as opposed to just Close Combat, which will help.

Expert Belt will OHKO Registeel and Umbreon still, plus add a 20% power boost to Stone Edge and Sucker Punch. You will, however, lose those 2HKO's.

Muscle Band seems to be the superior option to Black Belt, to be honest. Without Black Belt, you'll only lose a guaranteed 2HKO on Blastoise (is it that big of a deal?) and a guaranteed OHKO on Registeel. And they both have good chances to happen anyway! Muscle Band does almost exactly what Black Belt does, but adds even more to the other moves. Expert Belt will help a ton against Super Effective hits, but comes at the cost of those 2HKO's becoming 3HKO's. I believe it's like this: Muscle Band > Black Belt > Expert Belt.

Thanks for looking!
Hope this helps!

Ok lots of suggestions here, im gonna have to try everything and edit in the OP.

The reason why Mesprit > Uxie on a team like this is because it can actually do something besides sit on its ass. Also, how can it lose to Uxie? It still gets SR off. Also Mesprit beats Sneasel and Zam leads with GK > U-Turn and makes Moltres useless for the rest of the match.

Thanks for the rates and I have a bit of testing to do.

EDIT:Updated the OP with the changes I found useful.

@Folg-Forgot to address this. Lum Berry is for Sleep leads.

Good team
Maybe try Substidude over Calm Mind on Alakazam, so you can scout the opponents move, and then Encore?
A pretty solid team otherwise.

Good team
Maybe try Substidude over Calm Mind on Alakazam, so you can scout the opponents move, and then Encore?
A pretty solid team otherwise.
That could be a good move Azelf, but just as that All Choice Band UU Team from someone else, he wants to be really offencive, and that means that Calm Mind (which gives +3 att.) could also be really helpful. But indeed, substitute would be a good move. But mind that Hitmonlee is already a SubLee, and thus can be switch-in before Alakazam comes in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)