US Regional Qualifier - Seattle, WA - May 8th, 2010 WON BY ZEROWING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm so not ready. I've been procrastinating so much. All this metagame, I'm trying to read hurts. ugh. I'm pretty solid that all on here are going to Seattle. Imma fail badly. But the shiny Eevee is nice. My team is badly flail. fail,fail,fail.

How long you think a Garchomp will last with a Gengar and a Laitos back up Metagross...

and i remember the guy who was screaming last year, didn't know who he was till now.

Seattle rokz

Uggg...my irritating relatives are gonna tag along with me to Seattle, but thank gosh I'm even going! Whoot!!

I just know I'm gonna be that one unlucky person to either
a) not get to register in time
b) have some random hacked item on my game from another game (I don't hack)
c) have my team stratagy fall apart
d) worst case scenario: have the winner (probably a Smogonite) get me early on. Darn.

Gosh, I'm so flippin pumped for this. I think that I'll even wear my new shirt of Kingdom Hearts...

Uggg...my irritating relatives are gonna tag along with me to Seattle, but thank gosh I'm even going! Whoot!!
You're not the only one in that boat. My parents and younger sister are coming along with me because my sister also has something to do in Seattle that day.

Come to think of it, family members actually aren't annoying. Last year, when they saw me get into the top 16, and realized I could get a free trip if I won two more battles, they suddenly thought Pokemon was pretty legit.

This year, my dad has been watching my PBR test battles and occasionally asks questions about the mechanics. I think that the fact that I almost got a prize last year makes them anxious to see if I can get in this year. Anyhow, it's cool that they now have a certain degree of respect for Pokemon video game players.

I'll try not to make this a craigslist add or anything but.

Anyone from Oregon? I was wondering if I could carpool there. I'll pay for gas and dinner.

I would bend over for anyone who would be willing to take me. :P

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll try not to make this a craigslist add or anything but.

Anyone from Oregon? I was wondering if I could carpool there. I'll pay for gas and dinner.

I would bend over for anyone who would be willing to take me. :P
I'm driving through Oregon but I'm not sure I want to ride in a car with someone who accused me of hacking.

I'm driving through Oregon but I'm not sure I want to ride in a car with someone who accused me of hacking.

Nope, i didn't accuse you. Vigilantes decided to, like Holychipmunk decided to be my unwanted lawyer. I found my ludicolo had 510 Evs. So it was my bad.

:doom: Lets kiss and make up. :P

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nope, i didn't accuse you. Vigilantes decided to, like Holychipmunk decided to be my unwanted lawyer. I found my ludicolo had 510 Evs. So it was my bad.

:doom: Lets kiss and make up. :P
Don't you normally get 510 EVs?

So i got next weeks schedule for work - and i did not get approved for time off for Seattle. I gotta work :-(

So everybody, your competition has to work that day. Good luck.

So i got next weeks schedule for work - and i did not get approved for time off for Seattle. I gotta work :-(

If you'd be able to come, you would have kicked all our butts.

Screw your boss! Pokemon>Job any day, anytime.

Yeah sounds familiar right Pimp?

Yup, pokemon > work. These tournaments come a couple times a year, but work comes everyday. You know you want to come.

That sucks..hope you can go to a different one man. Besides, you'll need cash to get to these, so it might not be worth possibly losing your job. It's just a game. Hell. There are more important things in life than Pokemon.

That sucks..hope you can go to a different one man. Besides, you'll need cash to get to these, so it might not be worth possibly losing your job. It's just a game. Hell. There are more important things in life than Pokemon.
Still got San fransisco and Phoenix. If i have to, my grandmother will conveniently pass away. :naughty:

Timing is Everything

So, what would be the best time to get to Seattle Convention Center to sign up? I know it says the sign up is 1:00pm to 1:30pm, but how much earlier should I get there?

My parents are betting me that I won't be able to compete because I won't be able to sign up, and I plan on proving them wrong.

So, what would be the best time to get to Seattle Convention Center to sign up? I know it says the sign up is 1:00pm to 1:30pm, but how much earlier should I get there?

My parents are betting me that I won't be able to compete because I won't be able to sign up, and I plan on proving them wrong.
I plan on arriving an hour or so early. I think there will be more than enough spots to compete, though. Last year, Seattle wasn't as crowded as some of the stops back east. I'd estimate that there were 200-300 seniors who tried to get in. And the cap this year is...what, 700-something?

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting into Seattle, but just to be safe, you might want to show up early.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The highest number they drew for seniors was 217. Who knows how many there were beyond that, but I'd assume not too many.

so yeah you shouldn't have any concerns about not getting in.

Well, I'm getting there at the start of it. My little brother's a junior so he starts first. And I'll be watching how he does, roaming all over the place trying to finish my team.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You may as well actually add me to the player's list, Diesel. I won JAA Chicago (2006), but didn't attend Nationals. Never played in 2008-2009 so I am "coming out of retirement". Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)