The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be joking! The red card was the ridiculous moment of the match, and had that not happened it would've been a more open match. That was a FOUL at most, and because of the bad refereeing the match got really boring with 10 Inter defenders but it's what they had to do to move on to the final, can't blame them for that.
What?

Are you saying the match got boring because of the red card? It just stayed as it were, with Inter defending loike they did before, only with no random counterattacks. So now they had 10 Inter defenders instead of 11 Inter defenders, awesome.

The Yellow card was guaranteed, but the red was idiotic, but it made more than up for the calceled goal in the end. So I don't see how the red card was the most "terrible" moment of the match, especially as it was more than made up for. Gotta love refs.

Ultimate respect for Fulham. 18 games in the Europa League. Beat the defending championship, the favourites, and the host. Truly deserve to win the Tournament

lol Fulham are so great. This is one hell of a run, they just keep getting results. Give up an away goal at home? No prob, they'll just go on and win it 2-1.

Also thank god Liverpool lost(lol Liverpool), as honestly no one wants to watch a Fulham v. Liverpool final. Fulham against Atletico Madrid seems to be in favor of Atletico, but then again pretty much everyone team that's faced Fulham has been tipped to win lol.

i wanted to watcha fulham v liverpool final just for blatters glum face :P
that and liverpool losing to fulham would have been funny.. but alas...
united fans can dust this chant off
Diego, woooah
Diego, woooah
He comes from Uruguay
He made the scousers cry

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm glad Liverpool are out. It means there's more pressure on them to beat Chelsea now, to make sure they're playing some kind of European football next season. Liverpool also do have some pride (no matter what other Man Utd fans think), so they'll want to bounce back with a victory on Sunday. However, they could be tired after extra time and only three days to prepare for Chelsea, with some key players missing.

So happy for Fulham, they've been great this year. I hope they can manage to win it, they've beaten better teams than Atletico to get there, so let's hope that they can put in another good performance and that Zamora is fit.

Barcelona was absolutely robbed of the win... disgraceful reffing over both legs.
1) Obvious alves penalty
2) Milito offside goal
3) Bojan disallowed goal

The final score should have been 4-2 barca

Barcelona was absolutely robbed of the win... disgraceful reffing over both legs.
1) Obvious alves penalty
2) Milito offside goal
3) Bojan disallowed goal

You mean obvious dive of Alves. The referee saw that one right. Alves dived like he was missing his earring. And about that 'disallowed goal' of Bojan. First of all, the referee already made clear it was a hand ball of Keita, so there was no way that Bojan could make that goal. He should have immediately stopped like the whole Inter defence. Was it a hand ball? Yes. According to the rules Keita's arms weren't in their natural position. The natural position of my arms is next to my body, not in front of it. So it was hand ball

uh... do you know something that's called "reflexes"? Of course just punching a ball with your hand is a handball, but simply trying to defend your body (it was stomache-area iirc) with your hand is somewhat understandable.

also I must say that gif is incredible

1) Obvious alves penalty
2) Milito offside goal
3) Bojan disallowed goal

lol Pique's goal was questionable as well, and the red card should've never been awarded... I'm so happy Barça are out!

Now I'm rooting for Bayern Munich in the final, mainly due to Arjen Robben, but it'd be nice to say Chelsea lost only to the eventual champions: Inter, so I'm happy either way as long as it's a better final than last years were we saw Van der Saar vs Barcelona instead of Man U vs Barcelona.

And now Sunday's PL will be quite intense. I hope Chelsea can pull off the win at Anfield and I hope Sunderland get back at Man U for that very very late goal when they won 4-3 earlier in the season.

That very late goal was against city, not Sunderland. But Sunderland did hold them 2-2 at old trafford so theres no reason they cant do it again.

Great assist from Gerrard, I await the United fans claiming a conspiracy if chelsea win this, even though Gerrard has done that before.

In the Eredivisie, FC Twente became champion with a 0-2 win against NAC Breda. They have 86 points. #2 Ajax have 85 points, they won with 1-4 against NEC, 2 beautiful goals from Suárez.

The Dutch topscorer is Luis Suárez (Ajax), with 35 goals. He was one of the central strikers in a 4-4-2-window system today.

The Eredivisie ended today after 34 playing rounds.

Man United fans are silly.

Chelsea wont score less than 5, they'll want to get to 100; Wigan do frequently do Man United favours, but not this time.

yep FC Twente won the dutch league!
pretty impressive.

big props to their excellent trainer Steve McClaren, which some of you might know :)

Yes, the British people here probably know Steve McClaren. He won the Dutch championship, and now some English clubs (West Ham United) and some German clubs (Hamburger SV, VFL Wolfsburg) want him as coach. That would be terrible for FC Twente.

And he failed miserly when England didn't qualify for the Euro Championship 2008. But I have to say, he did a good job managing Twente to their first ever #1 spot on the national League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)