New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I posted this before but it was at the bottom of the page so I think a good amount of people missed this. I think people should try this set out:

Back from the past:

Thunder Dancing Raichu

Raichu has distinction of being the only electric type with surf. lanturn doesn't exist with this factoid, Raichu can summon up a rain dance and start launching Thunder's left and right and boosted surfs to deal with pests.

Item: Damp Rock / Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
~Rain Dance/Teeter Dance
~Thunder
~Surf
~Substitute/Thunderwave

Raichu can even be used in Rain Dance teams and doesn't need to setup rain all by it's lonesome. I threw in Teeter dance in there for the hell of it. It can screw up potential switch in's and it's pretty interesting how Raichu (an offensive pokemon) learns a 100% accurate confusion type attack. (And if you opt for Thundwerwave you can parafuse)

It's a shame Raikou exists, as he is more reliable. (I'll be singing if it gets banned) But I tried to differentiate between the 2 as much as possible.
If it doesn't, then Raikou is about to get Weather, making this Raichu set outclassed

I'm holding my breath for nature specs.

Hey, I've been lurking these forums for quite a while now, but really haven't posted anything, so forgive me if this is similiar to anything that has been suggested.

I've been testing an Anti-RainTeam Golduck in UU specifically to do what it's name suggests: destroying commonly seen rain sweepers o.o;
Golduck @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cloud Nine
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-HP Grass
-Protect
-Counter

With Cloud Nine negating rain, a Timid nature and 252 evs, Golduck reaches 295 Spe which outspeeds all rain dance sweepers with standard Smogon stats. Psychic OHKO's Quilfish, while HP Grass takes out Kabutops, Omastar, Relicanth, etc.

Unfortunately there's no real way to take out Ludicolo and Floatzel, but I've been finding Counter a reliable way for Floatzel and physical variations of Ludicolo which seems popular these days. Protect is to scout for physical attacks and counter back while surviving with a Focus Sash.

Of course, entry hazards ruins this strategy but isn't really popular on rain teams anyway (except Omastar leads?), although having a spinner would be nice. This set relies heavily on the opponent running standard sets, and would fall to other rain abusers such as Raikou. Other then killing rain sweepers, it pretty much fails at everything else except countering physical set up sweepers :[

Hello! I have recently started on competitive battling, so I'm not the best. However, I have developed a Mismagius lead which has been very successful so far. It stops many leads in its path, plus it can come back later and screw around with the rest of the opponent's team.
Pokemon Name:Mismagius
Moveset Name: Lead Mismagius
Move 1: Taunt
Move 2: Will-o-Wisp
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Destiny Bond
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 44 HP, 52 Def, 160 SpA, 252 Spd

One of the main attractions of this set is Taunt. Mismagius is very fast, boosted even more by the max EVs in speed, and Taunt combined with its insane speed shuts down most Spikers. Shadow Ball also helps it take out annoying enemies, as well as inflicting heavy damage on leads such as Uxie and Froslass. Will-o-Wisp deals with physical attackers, and also helps to finish off Froslass leads with Focus Sash and Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond lets it take down Rhyperior leads and serious threats later on in the battle. Max Speed lets it outspeed many potential threats, while 160 Special Attack EVs make Shadow Ball more effective. Leftovers and Bold nature, along with 44 HP EVs and 52 Def EVs, make Mismagius more bulky on the physical side, which has saved me many times. However, I'm not too sure about the EVs, so any comments are helpful. Still, this has worked very well for me, and I hope that it becomes more used in the UU metagame.

Leafeon @ leftovers/ impish/ leaf guard
252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe​

- Sword Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Heal Bell/ Baton Pass
- Synthesis/ Wish​

Shrang suggested a similar Meganium set recently but I've decided to use something with a bit more speed and physical power so that it's not completely walled by the likes of Registeel. The drop is special defence isn't that big of a deal. And unlike Meganium Leafeon is able to pass his boost on to another teammember and give the team Wish support. It can set up with ease against stall teams and so start a little sweep. Or he can pass his boost to something like Blaziken who can sweep itself.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think he means "not walled by Registeel" to be "Being able to Baton Pass SD off to someone else". Registeel still walls him, but doesn't stop it being useful. Anyway, after testing a few matches, I'm going to put a few more fun sets, which have been nice to troll with.

Exploud @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 220 HP/44 Atk/244 SpA
Nature: Quiet
-Substitute
-Hyper Voice
-Fire Blast
-Hammer Arm

I was very pissed off to learn that Exploud could NOT learn Focus Punch. Hammer Arm had to do, I guess. This set is similar to my Boahlicky set, so this is pretty much BoahExploud, if you will. The 220 HP EVs are there fore you to make 101HP Subs, 44 Atk to 2HKO Chansey after SR with Hammer Arm and the rest in Special Attack so Exploud's attacks are nice and powerful. Reaches 404 HP/229 Atk/306 SpA. You guys can go and run damage calcs if you want, I'm quite sure you'd 2HKO Steelix and stuff like that without a problem.

2nd set:

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/108 SpA/148 SpD
Nature: Calm
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off
-Nasty Plot
-Surf

Do not know how creative this set is, but basically lets Slowking counter Moltres and be badass at the same time. 252/148 guarantees Slowing to not get 2HKO'd by Modest LO HP Grass from Moltres, so the rest goes into Special Attack. I got the idea of this set from the "ParaDancer" set Groudon can run in Ubers, basically, paralyse everything in sight early game, and then Nasty Plot up once you've crippled the opponent enough. I don't think many people expect NP on Slowing unless he's a Trick Roomer, so he can masquerade as a bog standard Moltres counter very well, then after paralysing everything, Nasty Plot up for a fun sweep. Reaches 526 Special Attack after a Nasty Plot.

i am pretty damn sure ninetales and even arcanine can run a bulky set a lot better because of higher defenses on arcanine case, recovery move, bulky doom never really worked in the first place. then again what can bulky houndoom do against raikou after surviving t-bolt? even a specs timid fire blast fail to ohko a +1 raikou.

i am pretty damn sure ninetales and even arcanine can run a bulky set a lot better because of higher defenses on arcanine case, recovery move, bulky doom never really worked in the first place. then again what can bulky houndoom do against raikou after surviving t-bolt? even a specs timid fire blast fail to ohko a +1 raikou.
The only benifit i see from running that set over arcanine and Ninetales is Pursuit lol but i completely agree that arcanine/ninetales can run a bulky set better

Havent been bothered with too many calcs but I remmeber taking a Lo raikou+1 cm Tbolt and living with over 38%.
Timid 252/252 +1 LO Raikou using Thunderbolt does 79.5% - 94.1% to your Houndoom, so if you've taken Stealth Rock damage already you're dead, and you're pretty much guaranteed to take over 80% damage.

Did a little of snuffing aroud with that power swap...

In Tangrowths´ case Power Swap could help it cure its old problem: not would Power Swap only get rid of the SpA drops of Leaf Storm, but also leave any Special attackers crippled. Too bad it takes two turns and Mojonbo is slow as... let´s just say slow.

Altaria looked a bit more promising:

Altaria @ leftovers
-Draco meteor
-Power Swap
-Featherdance
-Roost/Flamethrower

The basic idea is to force the opposition to shuffle their team around. Mixed sweepers can pose a greater threat, but that´s what its defences are there for.
Some attack drops, and a switch is the way to go. Just be careful not to lift opposing physical sweepers´ -2 Atks off them with badly timed Power Swap. If the swan-headed could needs something to roast Registeel and buddies with, Flamethrower/Fire blast is also an option. I´d suggest FT for the limited PP of Draco Meteor.

Exeggutor
-Sleep powder (as always)
-Leaf storm
-Power swap
-Reflect

What´s the first reaction when someone bribes you to switch by passing your mon -2 SpA? Usually to send in something physically inclined.
Gutor could use the time to set up Reflect, just to annoy them more.
Explosion could go instead of Reflect, so Eggy could act as a simple hard-hitter or Sleep powder (can´t believe I´m saying this) could be replaced with Light Screen for setting up Dual screens.

The Elemental Fangers:

Sandslash @ brightpowder with sand veil
impish
252 hp 252 defense 4 attack
earthquake
super fang
swords dance
stone edge
this sandslash can be luck haxing in a sandstorm with it's great ability and evasive item. This absolutely needs sandstorm support, making a good lead hippotas. Also, I desighed this with double battles in mind, making rock slide a better choice in doubles. Super fang gets you a guarenteed 1/2 of the opponent's hp, factoring in sandstorm, 56% of thier hp. Counting the next turn's sandstorm damage, thats 62%, meaning you only have to deal 38% of the opponent's hp. Swords dance is if A. they are recovering B. if you can't ko them in 1 hit anyway. 3.if they have low enough hp to die to the sandstorm, or 4. if you feel really lucky at dodging. Most opponent's locked into a physical resisted move can become set up bait. Stone edge and earthquake are just for being able to hit flyers.

Toxicroak in rain with dry skin and leftovers.
252 hp 252 speed 4 attack
impish
substitute
focus punch
super fang
sucker punch

this set relies on using super fang and sucker punch. Lets pretend you send toxicroak out, and your opponent switches/does something non-damaging. Then you can use substitute. You then can super fang away and finish them off with sucker punch. Most things would not be able to survive that easily. Focus punch is just for sheer power if your sure you can ko. This set dies to ghost type.

Wailren in hail with ice body and leftovers.
252 hp 252 special defence 4 special attack
bold
Protect
substitute
super fang
brine

this set basically let you not worry about boosting attacks so you can still ko even with only hail. It's actually kind of good in the fact it can super fang, heal, heal, brine, heal, heal, all the while hail and hopefully toxic spikes were down the opponents. I think this has the most potential. Brine has a combo wth super fang, getting the boost in power unless the opponent starts recovering. If they are a recoverer, though, the toxic and hail will wear them out

I need help being able to write articles in the main article place, please help me AND GIVE CREDIT.
thanks

Super Fang on Walrein is semi-usable, but it only gets used in conjunction with Brine, which is much better than Surf in that context.

Hello! I have recently started on competitive battling, so I'm not the best. However, I have developed a Mismagius lead which has been very successful so far. It stops many leads in its path, plus it can come back later and screw around with the rest of the opponent's team.
Pokemon Name:Mismagius
Moveset Name: Lead Mismagius
Move 1: Taunt
Move 2: Will-o-Wisp
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Destiny Bond
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 44 HP, 52 Def, 160 SpA, 252 Spd

One of the main attractions of this set is Taunt. Mismagius is very fast, boosted even more by the max EVs in speed, and Taunt combined with its insane speed shuts down most Spikers. Shadow Ball also helps it take out annoying enemies, as well as inflicting heavy damage on leads such as Uxie and Froslass. Will-o-Wisp deals with physical attackers, and also helps to finish off Froslass leads with Focus Sash and Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond lets it take down Rhyperior leads and serious threats later on in the battle. Max Speed lets it outspeed many potential threats, while 160 Special Attack EVs make Shadow Ball more effective. Leftovers and Bold nature, along with 44 HP EVs and 52 Def EVs, make Mismagius more bulky on the physical side, which has saved me many times. However, I'm not too sure about the EVs, so any comments are helpful. Still, this has worked very well for me, and I hope that it becomes more used in the UU metagame.
I like this a good deal. Shadow Ball give you a good reliable STAB attack, and Taunt kills trap-layers and pokemon that like to set up for sweeps. Wil-o-Wisp is good against slower attack-based pokemon, what with the attack drop and HP chip-off, and Destiny Bond rounds it off to gaurd against OHKO's, or as a suicide role thanks to Mismagius' speed.

I'd say heavy SpA/Speed EV's and some type of bulky support - maybe a wish Umbreon or something similar - could maximize KO ability and set-up nuetrilization. I'd need to try it out myself though to say go with it.

Pokemon Name: Hitmonlee

Moveset Name: Flinch-mon-lee
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Rolling Kick
Move 3: Blaze Kick
Move 4: Poison Jab
Item: Kings Rock
Ability: Limber
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/ 128 SpD/ 128 Spe

This Hitmonlee set is good for leading with. You can send it in first, use Fake Out, and if the opponent is slow, and weaker to any of the moves here (Let's say a Meganium) You could hit it fast and hard after the flinch. Rolling Kick adds even more chances for a good flinch! (I don't pay much attention to percentages but I believe it's 40%). Limber is the better of it's two natures because you can't get slowed down by Paralysis, which also adds the chance to switch into a Thunder Wave and use Fake Out.

Team-mates: You obviously need to watch out for flying types, so a good electric or ice type can really help you out here. Bug type Pokemon can really help too.

Pokemon Name: Hitmonlee

Moveset Name: Flinch-mon-lee
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Rolling Kick
Move 3: Blaze Kick
Move 4: Poison Jab
Item: Kings Rock
Ability: Limber
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/ 128 SpD/ 128 Spe
Rolling Kick has 30% flinch rate. You would be better of by using a Speed boosting nature (Jolly) and maximize speed. And with alot of Poison types being present in UU, Earthquake could fit over Poison Jab as the last one doesn't give you additional coverage.

Thanks, I was trying to just fill up with it and already have an Earthquaker on my team so nothing else really seemed to fit =P I was going to do Jolly too but it was Adamant from the same breed as my Hitmonchan so I just left it and basically put the exact same one up here ^^;

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we all learned some valuable lessons from that deleted page.

1. Gallade is BL
2. You can't use BL Pokemon in UU
3. If someone posts another "creative" set for a BL Pokemon in this topic I'm going to slit their throat.

Thank you for your time

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh man, Tangrowth has got to have one the biggest movepools ever (Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it is quite big). It's Speed is probably its biggest let down. Using Sunny Day remedies this problem, but I've just played around a bit and found another fun move Tangrowth can use: Stun Spore. Yes, 75% accuracy is meh, but unlike Sleep Powder, you can paralyse as many Pokemon as you want (And ONLY Hitmonlee and Persian are immune to it, which is nice, unlike Thunder Wave, where Rhyperior, Torterra and co would just happily switch in, maybe not on Tangrowth, but you know what I mean). So, time to put that together with SD, and we have a fun set:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers/Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll (Take THAT, Sunny Day abusers!!)
EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/92 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Stun Spore
-Swords Dance
-Power Whip
-Earthquake/Return

92 Speed allow Tangrowth to outspeed the 168 Spe CB Rhyperiors and positive natured Base 95s (Hello Houndoom, Arcanine) should it be Sunny. I got the idea from ParaDancing Groudon is Ubers (Again... seeing that's where I got the idea for the ParaPlotter Slowking set from). Depending on your moves, you will find yourself walled by either Moltres or Steels, while Weezing and bulky Grass Pokemon wall you full stop. This Tangrowth is best if you have issues with Rhyperior and Torterra and stuff, and don't want to lose out on an Offensive Poke. Reaches 608 Attack after an SD.

Yes, I know this is on the analysis already, but it is the last one on the page, and it should be brought to more people's attention. Plus, it has different EVs, ha!!

Those EVs make alot more sense, since you won't need a whole lot of speed once your opponent is paralyzed. But I do think Rock Slide deserves a slash in there, so there's a chance that Moltres won't completely wall you.

Yeah, I think Rock Slide should always be chosen over Return. It gets a supereffective hit on the Fire-types that resist Power Whip, and only Ground-types resist it and not Return, but Ground types are destroyed by Power Whip. The flinch chance can also be semi-useful once you've spread paralysis.

Anyway, I would rather use Tangrowth in conjunction with a team centered around paralysis rather than as a standalone paralyzer. Slowking is an excellent team partner and better at paralyzing. (Grounds are hit hard by Surf anyway, so their immunity to Thunder Wave is irrelevant.) Then you could either run Swords Dance/Power Whip/Rock Slide/Earthquake for great coverage or make use of Tangrowth's SpA as well and run Leaf Storm over Earthquake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)