Malacue boys [ Uber RMT ]

I wanted to post this team up long ago, and it's a team that has yielded me pretty good results on the ladder, and it also reached the final of a major Mexican tournament in which I won (I had not clinched the title because the tournament was for team of 3 against 3 players, and each person needed to pick a tier, in which I chose Ubers). The first battle in that tourney, I lost because I made a bad team(Watch it).
This defeat made me think a lot, I thought it would be a total burden to my team by letting them lose every game. Of course, I did not remain idle and immediately took my mouse. I kept playing on shoddy to make a decent team,at least to let me battle with it.
Here I will tell you about my team and how it was born. Now, how I made the team:
At a glance

In the first time I tested twice, mew and Deoxys but as any offensive team,the lead should be a suicide lead. With its speed, it is capable of putting rocks in the field most of the time.

After choosing Deoxys Groudon came to my mind. I needed someone who could change the weather and his strength can force switches

Seeing Deoxys and Groudon together, I saw that they have similar counters, and Scizor causes them headaches.

Thanks to Lethal feather (the idea), I placed a Giratina or as an anti-spinner, doing a kind of combo to take advantage of SR.

For a better synergy with the team I guess I needed someone to go out and taketaking advantage of the weather. This is where Heatran is used. special hits, while taking advantage of the weather. This is why Heatran is used.

Finally a beautiful revenge killer, this is like my "panic button".

After playing many battles, I realized I had no definite way to win, so I needed a late gamer. After seeing the typing of my team, Rayquaza was the perfect fit.​

SuperEpic @

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/240 Spd/16 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
---
This Pokémon was created by, Raikou'Lover, the immortal, who kindly shared me this little thing. This lead is the best I have used in Ubers, being 100% of a surprise of those who believe that is the typical Deoxys with Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Taunt. Its 252 HP evs lets it stand a couple of attacks, at least for scouting, Tricking and then puttting up the rocks.

My reaction to each lead will be different:
:I do love Tricking it, because 99% of time they will use Taunt, thinking that it can win the speed tie. Then i switch to Scizor or Heatran. The best of part it is that I usually get a Focus Sash xd.
: : Trick is easily the best choice, because if they attack me with Earthquake, I would switch to Rayquaza and my opponent would believe I will SD, so i will switch back to Deoxys to set up rocks.
:Here is where it gets a little complicated. Because it have 3 posibilities, use Dark Pulse, use Dark Void, or use Trick. Usually I assume that one of my Pokemon will be asleep.
: :All of them think that my Deoxys is the standard. So i take advantage of this for use Ice Beam to OHKO it.
: Same as deoxys-s.
: :It has 2 possibilities, DM me, or Stealth Rock. It forces me to switch in Heatran >.<
: I'd prefer to Trick him the Scarf and die, as Tyranitar causes my team problems.
: Trick it regardless of what happens. Usually I get U-Turn'd on, and I only lose 50%

Why Scarf over band/specs?
I know you are thinking it's crazy to have choice scarf when its speed is so high, on top of its large base Speed stat = S
If I use Choice Band, leads as Groudon, I'd get a KO blow, instead of 2. If I use Choice specs, leads as dialga, cause me more headaches all afternoon. However if I use Choice scarf, it only increases their speed which does not affect me at all, and greatly affects Stall Teams.

Inti @

Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/216 Atk/32 Def/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
---
Why this pokémon:
Groudon is just a beast and has the strongest earthquake in the game,
always being a feared attacker. With Choice Band, it can eliminate its counters, dealing a good 2HKO (sometimes OHKO with the help of Stealth Rock). Its trait is also a factor that convinces me to use it, because climate change is sometimes very useful in a battle of Ubers. My knowledge of Ubers tells me that Choice Band on Groudon is not expected, so taking its counters by surprise is very useful. What I like about it is because his attacks are very strong, and resists the opponent's attacks.
Why this moveset?
I don't know, but I love the 'choiced' Pokémon, I hate the set's that needs set up a
Rock Polish or a Swords Dance, I think that is a little dangerous.
Anyways i love this set, because is a monstah!. It is useful for the team because if my opponent want to switch, he will be hurt seriously.
Why the EV's::
Easy, the 248 EVs in HP and 216 EVs in Attack gives it decent bulk and brutal attack (the most powerful earthquake in the game).
EQ to 252 HP/144 Def, relaxed = 50.3% - 59.3% (2HKO)
Fire Punch to 252HP/144Def, Relaxed = 101.7% - 119.8% (KO!)
Dragon Claw to 252 HP/252Def, bold = 39.8% - 46.9% (high probability of 2HKO with SR).
EQ to 4HP/252Def Bliss = 88.8% - 104.6% (SR = 2HKO).
EQ to 252 hp / 80DEF, calm = 60.5% - 71.4%
EQ to 252HP/52Def = 52.7% - 62.4%
Stone Edge to 252HP/ Bold = 71.2% - 84.1% (SR have a hight probability of a OHKO)
Fire Punch to Full HP/Def relaxed skarmory in sunshine = 74.3% - 88%.

SpaceGeek @

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Focus Punch
---
Why this pokémon
As you can see, I don't have a Kyogre counter. It works like a Kyogre counter and a beautiful revenge killer. Water/Dragon is a useful combination type, because only dragon attacks can be super effective to it. And, it has useful resistances, x0.25 to fire and water (needed for Scizor and Groudon).
Why the moveset
Simply because I need a Kyogre counter, and something that would outspeed it. Thunder is the worst Kyogre's nightmare. As a consequence the dragon Pokémon will come in, and I will predict it and use Spacial Rend xd.
Surf is for STAB, the problem is that when I have sun up (groudon), it won't be very powerful, but anyways I don't use so much this attack.
Focus Punch is when I'm predicting a switch into Blissey. It does 75% damage... then Bliss will use Softboiled or attack me, a turn that I can use for a free switch D:!

Heatran (M) @

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Dragon Pulse
---
Why this pokémon?
Good stats and types (fire/steel) give it a slot in my team. Principally, because it can take a dragon attack. Yes I know that Scizor can... but the dragon Pokemon can learn fire attacks, so Scizor would die. That's why I look for someone that can resist dragon and fire attacks, then I
remember that Heatran exists XD
The problem is that Pokemon like Rayquaza or Ho-Oh can learn Earthquake.
Why this moveset?
The truth is, I have no idea what kind of Heatran are most common in the uber metagame. Having no idea, I decided to create my own Heatran set. The team needed a stall breaker, so Heatran works. As with every stall breaker, Taunt must be in the moveset. The STAB move used is Lava Plume. You will be thinking that I am crazy, but I'm not. It has a decent burn ratio, which is needed because Heatran has a poor defense, and the burn can act as a pseudo 'boost'. Toxic and Taunt causes headaches for any wall. For example, Latias believes she can use Calm Mind and Recover, but it can't do much to Heatran, as he resists Dragon Pulse. You can then Taunt Latias and use Toxic while laughing at her. It works the same way with Blissey, only that Seismic Toss is a bit painful for Heatran to take. And the last slot is for Dragon Pulse. I think it is more useful, because as a stallbreaker, I need to hit Giratina, Latias and sweepers that try to switch in. Garchomp, Palkia, Mence, Quaza are all examples. Another thing that fears this, is lugia, a beautiful counter for my sweepers :chaos:

MetalGeek (M) @

Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP/56 Atk/252 SDef
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
---
Why this pokémon?
Scizor works very well in Ubers. With its Steel type, it can resist Dragon-type moves, and its second type (Bug) is a threat for a lot of Uber Pokemon. The U-Turn+SR combo can destroy counter of teammates, which is very useful when setting up a sweep. It is a great companion to Groudon, who sometimes fears Latias and Latios.
This guy help me to counter a lot of pokémon in ubers :D
Why this moveset?
Some peope know that I hate set up pokémon, so, I
chose the mega standard CB Scizor... because it rapes you anyways, you know that a U-Turn is coming,and you know thatyouwill be hurt seriously :D.
Bullet Punch and U-Turn are useful for the team strategy, because it can scout my oponent team giving good damage to my oponent.

SkyGeek @

Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
- Dragon Claw
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
---
Why this pokémon?
Like any offensive team, this team would not have it's late gamer. You know, this is one of most fearsome pokémon in the uber metagame. After a Sword Dance, it can sweep a complete team, or a half of them. Another good point is that you don
't have a sure switch in because you don't know if it is an SD set, or DD set, or mixed set (I'm thinking to use it).
Why this set?
As i said, SD is a very good set for a late gamer.

The team in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdRBPIvnY-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUrwu7PwD9Q
Conclusion:
Heatran and scizor are the keys of the team, are who give the "support" to my other member.

Thanks to shrang for helped me to translate this RMT

Threat list:

: Well, dark void is a problem for the team but most of times I have to sacrifice my heatran (because if u have a Darkrai, the most likely scenario is that your team be an offensive, and not stall). Then after you've sleeped it, I switch in scizor.

: This pokémon is easy to counter, scizor, palkia, and heatran can rape this thing.

Deoxys-A: Scizor is my main, but it may have fire punch, something that maybe a problems. Anyways i ever use bullet punch, then if this survive i can "revenge kill" with an ES of quaza (yes, it can use ES me but I wont die).

Deoxys-D: My heatran can made it suck with taunt + toxic, deoxys will have it's days counted. Scizor is good counter too for this thing, but knock off would annoy a little bit ;/

Deoxys-S: Scizor, and heatran, the best options for this bro.

Dialga: Well... I don't have a sure counter for this, but some times heatran can switch in, and with the sun of groudon, I can do decent damage to it. Scizor works too, but it fears FB or flamethrower.

Garchomp: Scizor is the surest counter for garchomp, if garchomp is locked in outrage, with deoxys-s can use ice beam (but ice beam is not 100% KO).

Giratina: Heatran is the ultimate counter to Giratina. With Taunt + Toxic + Dragon Pulse, Giratina will be completely unusable. It can absorb WoW too :3

Giratina-O: The same as before, only that now giratina can use EQ. Anyways, i can revenge kill it with palkia.

Groudon: Here I'm in trouble, because the only sure counter on groudon, is my own groudon (my groudon is cb so can 2hko other groudon).

Ho-oh: "Geek u will be Ko'ed 6-0" is what my mind tell me when i see a Ho-oh, I don't have a sure switch, only heatran can get brave brid + sacred fire... but not EQ

Kyogre: Palkia only. But with a good strategy I can beat kyogre. Anyways, my team fear it.
Latios: Scizor and heatran can counter this. Heatran with taunt toxic + dragon pulse is so useful againts this ^^

Lugia: Heatran toxic + taunt = lugia day's are limited.

Manaphy: I think palkia is my main counter for this baby.

Mew: Scizor with you turn can rape this thing. Heatran can too, since a lot of times mew is a trick roomer or a pure Baton Passer, but with taunt, heatran can laugh of mew.

Mewtwo: Heatran, scizor, and palkia. Heatran because it is a special wall, aura sphere (specs) is only 45 % damage. Scizor with U-Turn or bullet punch. Palkia can revenge kill it with Spacial rend.

Palkia: Palkia is easy, i can counter it with scizor and heatran (if i have sun). Heatran get a poor damage from surf. I have problems with this when is a mixed and not scarfed D:
When it is scarfed sometimes when heatran dies, rayquaza will have a free turn for SD.

Rayquaza:If this is a lead, deoxys beats it with ice beam. If this is mixed, I have more problems, but heatran and scizor are the pokémons that help me to kill it. If is a SD set, heatran would come in to kill it (if it does not have EQ), bullet punch from scizor is useful too, and for last, palkia can renvege kill it, but is fear a possible ko from ES.

Shaymin-S: If is a lead, deoxys can use ice beam, if is a sub seed scizor + heatran are the solution.

Wobbuffett: Most times peoplethink that heatran is scarfed or something, but i taunt it then i toxic it, and they switch.

The Non-Ubers:

Blissey: Heatran taunt and toxic it, then bliss is dead, but if have seismic toss, I will be a little annoyed. I can switch in scizor or groudon to kill it.

Foretress: Heatran D:

Kingdra: Well... a threat for my team, scizor, heatran a groudon most unite their forces to beat it =P!

Latias: Heatran and scizor pwns... I can trick it too with deoxys =D

Lucario: Well... if it get a Sword Dance, i have no opportunities to beat this ;/

Ludicolo: Heatran, scizor, groudon, and palkia have to use their skills to beat it. I try to use groudon to have sun and no rain, then palkia renvenge it or depending the moment scizor or heatran can come in.

Metagross: Groudon, scizor and heatran.

Scizor: Nothing sure, only heatran (fear super power) and scizor, but if i predict a bullet punch, groudon can switch in ;)

Shedinja: Heatran 100%

Skarmory: Heatran again xD

Tyranitar: Well, i have problems with this, I try to trick it to lock in a move, then revenge kill with palkia, scizor or groudon depending the last move.

Thank to shrang (again) for helped me to translate the RMT

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice team, lol (I've seen it already). I'm going to do a quick rate since no-one is posting. I'm try and do this without touching your Heatran, because I know how much you love it =D. Since most Ho-oh run 32 Speed EVs, you can drop some Defense EVs and put them in Speed, so a new EV spread would be 252 HP/216 Atk/4 Def/36 Spd, so you can outspeed it and Stone Edge it before it Sacred Fires you. Beware some Ho-ohs may just run more Speed to screw over players though.

Anyway, I think Focus Punch is a waste on Palkia, seeing as Blissey isn't much of an issue anyway (I mean come on, your have Heatran to annoy it, Scizor to Superpower it, Groudon to EQ it, Rayquaza to sweep it, Deoxys to Trick it). Since you want to capitalise on the Sun that Groudon provides, replace Focus Punch with Fire Blast or Flamethrower.

Hope I helped.

Nice team, lol (I've seen it already). I'm going to do a quick rate since no-one is posting. I'm try and do this without touching your Heatran, because I know how much you love it =D. Since most Ho-oh run 32 Speed EVs, you can drop some Defense EVs and put them in Speed, so a new EV spread would be 252 HP/216 Atk/4 Def/36 Spd, so you can outspeed it and Stone Edge it before it Sacred Fires you. Beware some Ho-ohs may just run more Speed to screw over players though.
1.- Yes, u know, i love my heatran XD
2.- The evs spread that u tell me is for ________?? (heatran????)

Thanks for the rate, and i made a change, latias > palkia =D

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, I meant the EVs are for Groudon, so you outspeed the 32 Spe variants. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)