The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClaren is a good coach and now he proved it. At the start of the Dutch season, he said he never could accomplish what he reached the season before, when FC Twente became second.

However, FC Twente got their title with undeserved wins with 1 goal difference, while the opponents were better. Almost every time, those late goals were goals or assists from Bryan Ruiz, who is #2 on the topscorer list with 24 goals. Ruiz can play as right wing attacker, left wing attacker and nubber 10.

Ajax-right wing attacker/left wing attacker/number 10/central striker Luis Suárez is #1, 35 goals and 17 assists, he also has the most assists.

(Almost) every topcoach fails sometimes.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think Fulham will rest players for their trip to Arsenal, as winning the Europa League final will be more important to them than potentially finishing 10th in the Premier League (if Stoke and Blackburn lose their final game). They can only slip as low as 13th, if they lose and Sunderland win.

Congratulations to Tottenham, I think they deserved it more than Manchester City this year.

Ajax won the Dutch cup, over 2 games. Because the opponent was earth rival Feyenoord, the final was over 2 matches (trouble hooligans). In the Ajax-stadium with only Ajax-supporters and in the Feyenoord-stadium with only Feyenoord-supporters.

Ajax - Feyenoord 2-0
Feyenoord - Ajax 1-4

Nice for Feyenoord, losing in their own stadium from the earth rival with 1-4.

Super Cup/Johan Cruyff Schaal: FC Twente - Ajax.

golden boot means nothing, drogba wanted that no matter what, he didnt care, he threw a tantrum.
while rooney, he was passing to his team unselfishly not caring. Drogba only cares for himself and not the team.
hope portsmouth cream chelsea now

golden boot means nothing, drogba wanted that no matter what, he didnt care, he threw a tantrum.
while rooney, he was passing to his team unselfishly not caring. Drogba only cares for himself and not the team.
hope portsmouth cream chelsea now
Hmm yes, this is why Drogba is #4 on the assist table and Rooney isn't even in the top 25.

Thank you and good day.

because rooney has no one to "assist" maybe?
and drogba threw a tantrum because he wanted that golden boot, rooney played as a team player and didn't care for it in the last game.

because rooney has no one to "assist" maybe?
and drogba threw a tantrum because he wanted that golden boot, rooney played as a team player and didn't care for it in the last game.
I bet if Rooney had won it, you'd be all over him and saying how much he deserved it. Now Drogba is at fault because Man U's system is different... He obv threw tantrum, it was obvious they were going to win the match and it wouldn't have hurt Lampard to let him take the PK. But eh no use in discussing further, I bet in your POV Chelsea got lucky to win 8-0 anyway.

Now Champions League and then the World Cup, can't wait!

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to Chelsea by the way. Despite being 'unstoppable' in some fan's views, there was still only 1 point in it. I'm not ashamed for Man Utd to come second over Chelsea, especially as I believe United had the probably the worst injury crisis this season and lost two top quality footballers in the summer. I think we'll have to strengthen a little bit this summer, with perhaps another defender (as well as Smalling), another midfielder, and another striker, all of decent age and very good ability.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Phalanx, as a Man Utd fan, there comes a time when you really need to learn to just shut up and congratulate the other team. Drogba was brillaint throughout the season from start to finish, Chelsea deserved the title as much as Man Utd, so well done to them for winning and doing it in style too.

Seriously though, nobody is going to respect your opinion in this topic when your response to EVERYTHING is "Man Utd were cheated. The other team got lucky. We are perfect and everyone else sucks".

Agreeing with Havak that we need around 4 quality players coming into the squad this summer. I'm personally hoping to see Modric in a red shirt next season.

Havak

If we sign players from the Premier League, I'd be hoping for the likes of James Milner or Gareth Bale (but he just signed a new contract at Spurs...). Modric would also be a good signing, but I can see Spurs holding on to their talented players now that they're in the Champions League.

I'm not sure who else would really be available, but we probably need another top striker around the age of 25 if we want to spread the goals around a bit. I'm not sure if everyone will be confident in Berbatov and Owen scoring more.

yanited can't afford to strengthen in the summer, what with only winning the carling cup

and arsenal easily had the worst injury situation this year - gallas, fabregas, van persie, song, bendnter, arshavin, eduardo, rosicky, djourou, eboue, clichy, diaby and ramsey were all injured at some point. probably missed a couple as well, that's just off the top of my head.

yanited may have lost their defence but arsenal lost defenders, midfielders and strikers. and fabregas and rvp, our two best players, were gone for a large portion of the season.

You're speaking about signing players as though only Man Utd. are allowed to buy other players. If any of the top 8 bought four top quality players they could threaten to win the title, and Man City will probably buy at least 6 (thank God they didn't get into CL otherwise players will have more of a reason to join). I may be biased but I still think Arsenal have the best style of football when they are on form (it's a shame they seem to hardly ever be on form). I really think Chelsea deserved it this season and they had the best team overall, especially Drogba who had an amazing season (it was Lampard being selfish not him IMO).

Anyway, come on Fulham, you can still win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)