Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yeah as long as you button mashed your delay will not be over 700. I get 2 seeds all the time but when the second one says 1024 or something, I know that's not right.

As far as my RNG is going, back when I was resetting without emerald in, I would usually get a series of flips that RNG reporter accepted and found a delay for (my As far as my RNG is going, back when I was resetting without emerald in, I would usually get a series of flips that RNG reporter accepted and found a delay for (my target is 608, i hit 615 twice and 603 twice). Since I've put emerald in (since I thought this would make my delays even), I've resetted five times, and all 5 times RNG reporter has failed to find my flip combo within +-2 seconds and a +-20 frame delay range. What the hell happened, guys?

EDIT: after 7 tries, the same problem. :<
Assuming you are using seed to time adjacent checker -- do you have "Odd / Even should match the seeds delay" checked?

If so, uncheck it.

If that is not the issue, I'd go catch a wild pokemon to verify seed that way.

Better example: 5/14/2010, 22:06, Ariados, Lax, Somewhat Vain, lvl 50, 134, 105, 94, 65, 72, 47.

Sorry, first was fail -.-'

Assuming you are using seed to time adjacent checker -- do you have "Odd / Even should match the seeds delay" checked?

If so, uncheck it.

If that is not the issue, I'd go catch a wild pokemon to verify seed that way.
Yeah, it was checked for the first 2, but the last 5 I've had it unchecked :pirate:

I suppose I'll go catch something...

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Better example: 5/14/2010, 22:06, Ariados, Lax, Somewhat Vain, lvl 50, 134, 105, 94, 65, 72, 47.

Sorry, first was fail -.-'
Find the exact IVs or keep hold of it until I can get a copy, then.

And I am assuming you spend a reasonable amount of time getting in game and catching this since there is a frame limit and delay limit in effect for this.

A quick q on the Smogon RNG guide - is it only in the Distortion World where doing the coin flips will advance the RNG? It says that the RNG would have advanced 22 times after the original load of 11 frames plus one more for Giratina, so 10 frames = ten coin flips.

I read the Smogon guide thoroughly and attempted to RNG abuse for Azelf (first time). On RNG Reporter, it lists a frame of 456, but an "Actual" number of 489. The Smogon guide doesn't say whether or not I should try to hit the 456 or 489 number. also, if you take steps, do you still subtract one for the Monster Frame?

Is there an ideal number of Pokemon to have in the party in case one has to take the 127 steps to advance the RNG? I had five in my party, then I deposited two party members.

To be perfectly honest IV spread checking came up with:

761605AF FRAME: 341 Seconds: 42 Delay: 1445

Frame is the only problem, I took maybe 5 steps between starting and catching.

A quick q on the Smogon RNG guide - is it only in the Distortion World where doing the coin flips will advance the RNG? It says that the RNG would have advanced 22 times after the original load of 11 frames plus one more for Giratina, so 10 frames = ten coin flips.

I read the Smogon guide thoroughly and attempted to RNG abuse for Azelf (first time). On RNG Reporter, it lists a frame of 456, but an "Actual" number of 489. The Smogon guide doesn't say whether or not I should try to hit the 456 or 489 number. also, if you take steps, do you still subtract one for the Monster Frame?

Is there an ideal number of Pokemon to have in the party in case one has to take the 127 steps to advance the RNG? I had five in my party, then I deposited two party members.
Coin flips don't affect the frames for method J. What it means by that is everytime the map to the distortion world reloads it advances the frame 11 times. So you start the game and the frame advances 11 from the Distortion World being loaded. Usually you verify your seed by the coin flips then journal flips. But when you go to your journal, after those flips are done and you close your menu the distortion world advances the frame 11 more.

For question 2 use the Frame not the Actual and always subtract the monster frame.

Usually you would have an odd amount because just incase the frame you are trying to hit is even.
For example 500. You subtract 1 for monster frame and that leaves you with 499 frames to advance still. Thats 249 journal flips and that leaves you with one frame left. but if you did say, 247 journal flips, that leaves you with 5 frames. If you had 5 pokemon in your party you can easily take 128 steps to advance the final frames.

mingot

free agent
To be perfectly honest IV spread checking came up with:

761605AF FRAME: 341 Seconds: 42 Delay: 1445

Frame is the only problem, I took maybe 5 steps between starting and catching.
Exact IVs: 9 / 21 / 23 / 0 / 31 / 4
Monster PID: F83DB72F

Here is everything possible:

480B05EF - M1 Frame 21 - 1509 delay (impossible without lax syncher, 10 with)
D70107B5 - M1 Frame 255 - 1963 Delay, frame 36
761605AF - M1 Frame 341 - 1445 Delay, frame 122
??? - Frame 450 - Delay 470 (Impossible)
3215065A - M1 Frame 816 - Delay 1616, frame 597

Thats an open search, so any hours or time will work. With 22, it's the high frame you mention.

How about trying some where you dont take your time getting into the game?

Also, attached is a spreadsheet with the seed that produces your monster, working backwards by 1000 RNG calls. There is a hours column (custom 2) and a delay column (custom 3) -- obviously some of these are impossible, as the hours needs to be 0-23, so you can discount those. Delays, use what is reasonable.

Anyhow, the point is that even going back and doing this almost completely manually yields the same results as rng reporter. I can't find a bug because I am getting the same results doing it by hand...

Attachments

so i hit this seed "aa060c7e" in my ss game, trying to rng a raikou. my target frame is 11, which gives a timid flawless hp water spread on method 1. i called irwin 9 times and confirmed my seed. i then took 1 step onto the staircase (did not turn) in the burnt tower to advance my frame. then i activated the cutscene with the dogs. my frame should've been 11 but when i caught the raikou it was frame 10. can anyone explain?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so i hit this seed "aa060c7e" in my ss game, trying to rng a raikou. my target frame is 11, which gives a timid flawless hp water spread on method 1. i called irwin 9 times and confirmed my seed. i then took 1 step onto the staircase (did not turn) in the burnt tower to advance my frame. then i activated the cutscene with the dogs. my frame should've been 11 but when i caught the raikou it was frame 10. can anyone explain?
the step you take to release the dogs does not count as an advancement

i know. i did 9 calls + 1 step + 1 for monster frame = 11
i actually did 2 steps, 1 for advancement and 1 for releasing the dogs. does stepping onto the stairs not advance the frame? well i guess it doesn't matter anymore since i gave up and just released them.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i know. i did 9 calls + 1 step + 1 for monster frame = 11
i actually did 2 steps, 1 for advancement and 1 for releasing the dogs. does stepping onto the stairs not advance the frame? well i guess it doesn't matter anymore since i gave up and just released them.
yeah one thing about HG/SS is never rely on step advancements, especially in areas with wild pokemon, they are much too inconsistent you would have been better off doing one more irwin call since that looked to be advancing the frame by 1 and then go and release them to get 11.

Is there any program or method to find the natures you want to breed for on a low frame if you don't want a shiny? On RNG Reporter there is only an option for a shiny egg seed finder.

In DPPt just get into the game world find your seed and hit DPPt Egg PID(normal or international depends on your parents). Then hit generate and find the nature,ability and gender you want for your pokemon. Do the taps and the coin flips and just save in front of the day care man as always:)

For Hg/Ss just input a different ID/SID combo in the box of the shiny egg finder and find the nature you want on a low frame. The egg will have the right nature/ability and will be non shiny:)

Roamers

Just wanted to bring up something I noticed using RNG Reporter tonight.

For the seed 1070324 the expected output was Entei 37, Raikou 39, and Latios 28. When I went to check the seed, Latios and Entei were in the right routes but Raikou was in 38. I went ahead anyway seeing as 2 out of the 3 were right and ended up getting my shiny, meaning Route 38 was "right" for Raikou. Might be a programming bug or something but just wanted to bring up that if 2/3 (or maybe even if 1/3) roamers match the expected output it might still yield the desired Pokemon.

Whoa, should have made it clear that I was talking about HGSS, and thank you Stavros, can't believe I didn't think of something so simple. Jubilee, my fault for not being specific enough.

How would I go about finding my calibrated second and delay in HGSS? There are not enough high level Pokemon to do it the way it was done in DPPt.

How would I go about finding my calibrated second and delay in HGSS? There are not enough high level Pokemon to do it the way it was done in DPPt.
I am not certain that this will work, but this is how I did it. Choose a seed you want to go after. Put it into the Seed to Time thing. Choose the time and year to make the delay between 484-525. Use Pikatimer to try to get your seed, make the second value 14 but calibrated second 13, this would give you some room for error. When you get in game call Elm or Irwin or whoever it is 9 times and compare it to delays in that range and a second higher or below.

If that delay is even make the delay + 20 and - 10 and check the box to show only odd/even ones, if odd just do the same thing with odd frames. My calibrated second on HGSS is in the high 13's so I go for 14 second to leave room for error. My calibrated delay is between 483-497, normally 485 within 5 tries.

Another way would be to use rare candies on legendaries. You can probably use the roamer method instead of calling Elm to check for your delay and second.

I am not certain that this will work, but this is how I did it. Choose a seed you want to go after. Put it into the Seed to Time thing. Choose the time and year to make the delay between 484-525. Use Pikatimer to try to get your seed, make the second value 14 but calibrated second 13, this would give you some room for error. When you get in game call Elm or Irwin or whoever it is 9 times and compare it to delays in that range and a second higher or below.

If that delay is even make the delay + 20 and - 10 and check the box to show only odd/even ones, if odd just do the same thing with odd frames. My calibrated second on HGSS is in the high 13's so I go for 14 second to leave room for error. My calibrated delay is between 483-497, normally 485 within 5 tries.

Another way would be to use rare candies on legendaries. You can probably use the roamer method instead of calling Elm to check for your delay and second.
Are you saying that I have to actually scroll through the list to try and find the delay that I hit? I tried inputting the Elm calls into the Seed to Time panel and kept getting inviable results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)