Practice VGC Battles Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm allowed to post this, but Pokemon Online recently implemented doubles onto their engine, and a VGC practice server has sprung up.

It would be cool if a lot more people went there because fighting the same people over and over again gets boring and it's good practice for testing out your teams. Don't forget to set your Pokemon's levels to level 50!

You can also import Shoddy teams.

Hope to see some more activity!

Ah yeah. I downloaded this but I couldn't get it to run on my mac (probably because I still have Tiger). I'm gonna try running the windows version in Wine and see how it goes.

I downloaded this a couple of weeks ago when they were still testing the Doubles engine (although I couldn't log on to help test). Great to see they implemented it.

bugs are being fixed in it now but when its done it should be good. It has helped me realize my weaknesses and that I need to spend time thinking and predicting instead of jumping into attacks. Its a great help.

Ok. For those of you with the old version like me, it says that you need to update, so I recommend updating. I saw the new screenshots, and it looks amazing. Definitely better and faster than PBR.

Thanks so much! I felt so bad when I lost because I just wanted to have more vgc battles. That disappointment is gone. By the way nice sig misa, I take french in school so I acutally no what that means. (lol)

VGC Server is being updated currently, use the Beta one. Just ask in the chat for VGC matches, or challenge people with VGC in their name.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I tried this out last night, and I have to say I really like it. It looks fantastic and most of the features are good. The battle logs are taking me some time to get used to, but I think I actually prefer it to playing on Shoddy or Netbattle already..

This is a very nice simulator. I like the display, and the ability to choose an Avatar. Useful for VGC. If they can sort out bugs I will use this regularly. Thanks for pointing this out!

To Mac users: The game runs well with Wine and WineBottler installed on Macs with Intel Processing. At least on mine it does. This Thread has the details.

There's also a .dmg version available Here but it's outdated and forces you out of any servers running the newer client.

To Mac users: The game runs well with Wine and WineBottler installed on Macs with Intel Processing. At least on mine it does. This Thread has the details.

There's also a .dmg version available Here but it's outdated and forces you out of any servers running the newer client.
Still doesn't work for me... maybe it's for Snow Leopard, since I'm still running Tiger-piece-of-crap.

um... couldn't you also just build the mac version yourself? last i checked it's open source
How you be doing that? ._.

Very nice! Unfortunately, the level of native competition is pretty low. I was undefeated (except by EE, who beat me pretty badly) on my first time ever even playing doubles. I absolutely love the interface though!

To battle online do you have to register. I'm trying to,but everytime I enter the confirmation password it says I didn't do it right and I know I did. I've entered and reentered the password and confirmation, but it won't work. :(((((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)