NBA Season 2009-2010

Oden a Shaq clone? You've gotta be fucking kidding me.
Keyword in his post: supposed . If you remember the pre-draft hype that year (I do), Oden was seen as the next great big man (and who was the previous great big man? Yeah, Shaq). I probably wouldn't say Shaq clone, except if I wanted to exaggerate a bit.

Anyways, I was happy the Wizards won, mostly because Mrs. Pollin was there and I wanted her to win. Loved the face she put when they won. I've also always liked the Sixers, so I'm glad they get a high pick. They really need a big man, but Turner may be a bit too good to pass up (having Holiday/Turner/Iggy looks deadly IMO). If they go for the big man instead, then Turner could be pretty nice for the Nets (Lee sucks IMO). And the Wizards should probably go for Wall and get rid of Arenas.

meanwhile amare wants to criticize odom because he himself can't play defense or rebound.

that's okay Amare. I may make hot chicks laugh but that doesn't mean I score regularly on them. maybe you can learn something when the Lakers play the Celtics.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arenas isn't going anywhere. That contract is untradeable.

With that said, a Wall/Arenas backcourt would be pretty nice - Arenas can defend SGs better than PGs anyway, Wall is a good defender, and Arenas can play off the ball rather than have to make plays for others, which should make him a more effective scorer. He's still not that old too - he's a year older than Wade, and has far less minutes on his body.

The bad thing is that Wall allows us to make a big move at FA...but the most stacked FA positions are the ones we are locked at - PG, SG and PF.

wow the magics... What happened to Brandon Bass? Is he injured or something? When I first heard that the magics signed Bass, I tought he would be a solid addition to he Magic Rotation and help take pressure off of Howard for rebounds and post up scoring.

Lakers gonna beat Suns by under 10 points this time around, I think! Hopefully I'm wrong though and Suns get blown out again.

This is why I feel the Lakers won't win by as much; Suns are making 3s again and Kobe, while being a great facilitator still tries to take his usual shots even though it's obvious he's not in god mode right now. Hopefully the other guys can continue stepping up and replacing Kobe's scoring.

Lakers fans all make me lol

Guys, you have Phil and Kobe on your team, plus the best talent in the NBA. Yeah you have a shitty bench but you've always had a shitty bench!

Kobe would put a gun in his mouth before he loses this series.

8 point lead with 4 mins to go? This game is over

EDIT: Dudley just fouled out as Odom continues to rape Amare on the boards. Seriously guys? Like you didn't expect this to happen?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
realistically, suns will never touch the lakers within a ten-foot pole. expect b.town vs lakers finals people -- this one is going to be a rematch.

Welp, i was pretty nervous at times there, but it's never felt so good to be wrong :) Pau's seriously so fucking good, it's not even funny. His midrange J wasn't on tonight but he still dominated. He's like a middle class man's prime Tim Duncan (but weaker on defense) and he won't even turn 30 'til July.

Really concerned about Bynum though, looks like he doesn't want to get surgery done right away, but I wonder if the Lakers can afford to play him only sporadically against the Celtics.

Pau's seriously so fucking good, it's not even funny. His midrange J wasn't on tonight but he still dominated. He's like a middle class man's prime Tim Duncan (but weaker on defense) and he won't even turn 30 'til July.
Myself said:
Also lol YTP, Gasol is more than enough to be a number 1 option. The Lakers probably would've beat Orlando last year without Kobe for a game or two with Gasol in the paint. He's one of the best post players on both sides of the ball. I was very surprised Jackson didn't get the ball more into Gasol's hands more because he was abusing Lewis in the paint
Hey now this "Gasol good enough to be a number 1 option" doesn't look too far-fetched :) I don't think many people disagreed with me though lol

depends who they're playing, i think. i really doubt the lakers would defer to pau as much against the celtics, especially with garnett/perkins on him. Kobe on the other hand is matched up with Ray Allen, so there's no way Kobe isn't getting the majority of touches/attempts.

actually yknow what, fuck that. kobe's the first option everytime he's on the court.

Suns have the homecourt advantage now, so we'll see what'll be happening...

And yes, small ball can win against the Lakers, do we need to revisit the 05-06 and 06-07 playoffs? Which arguably under D'Antoni was even more...well, smaller than before?

oh you're referring to those lakers teams which featured kwame brown and smush parker in the starting line up right? yeah small ball sure could do well against those teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)