Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I thought even when breeding shinies can only exist in certain IV spreads. Was I mistaken?
yes you were, since the IVs and nature of bred pokemon are generated seperately, they can have any IV spread and nature combination, so you could have a shiny adamant pokemon with 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs which wouldn't be possible with caught pokemon.

Hello, I have a pretty simple question I would like answered.
Generating a desired spread using DPPt Capture on RNG Reporter, I came up with this seed: 6d0102d9 Timid F1351, Method 1 (31/27/30/30/30/30). I want to catch a Rotom with this spread, so I tried generating it using Method J with a Timid synch, but with no success. Is it possible this seed won't show up for Method J, or am I just not finding it?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I have a pretty simple question I would like answered.
Generating a desired spread using DPPt Capture on RNG Reporter, I came up with this seed: 6d0102d9 Timid F1351, Method 1 (31/27/30/30/30/30). I want to catch a Rotom with this spread, so I tried generating it using Method J with a Timid synch, but with no success. Is it possible this seed won't show up for Method J, or am I just not finding it?
unfortunately your correct and that spread does not have a method J counterpart so you can't use it for rotom :/

Agh, the search continues! Thank you for answering.

P.S. If anyone knows a good Timid HP Fight 70 spread that uses a time between 20:00 and 3:59 please share :)

Agh, the search continues! Thank you for answering.

P.S. If anyone knows a good Timid HP Fight 70 spread that uses a time between 20:00 and 3:59 please share :)
Just change the delay/frames. Like if you find a good spread but for a given delay it gives you an undesired time, just search in PokeRNG the same spread but with different delay ranges. PokeRNG will give you only one seed (usually the one with lower frames) so you'll find the same spread with a different seed and higher delay/lower frames or lower delay/higher frames that will have a different time. Hope that helps

EDIT: And for the love of Arceus DO NOT use the Time Finder tab on the RNG Reporter. Use Wichu's PokeRNG. It takes 120 seconds, seriously.

Thanks so much for the tip, I didn't know that option was available. I will try it tomorrow.

(I have been using Time Finder) :(

Once I do the amount of Taps+Flips for something, and deposit the Parents, does that advance the IRNG at all? Or can I take out the parents, put in two other parents instead to get the Shiny/Nature/Ability?

Edit: Nevermind, just went for it and it was fine.

Something weird is happening! I was getting my frame, hitting my constant second of 16, and then RNG reporter said "11 seconds" for my seconds! next time I tried, "12 seconds"
followed by "13 seconds" when I KNOW I'm not hitting those seconds! What is happening?

During the calibration phase, I'm to start-up and quickly catch a pokemon and check its IVs.

Catching is made easier with sweet scent, its easier to check IVs with a high level pokemon.

Instead of sweet scenting, could I just save in front of Azelf and repeatedly catch it/check IVs to generate my delay/seed range?

Thanks

Something weird is happening! I was getting my frame, hitting my constant second of 16, and then RNG reporter said "11 seconds" for my seconds! next time I tried, "12 seconds"
followed by "13 seconds" when I KNOW I'm not hitting those seconds! What is happening?
The seconds RNG Reporter gives you are how long you took after the beginning of the minute on your DS clock, not *neccessarily* how long you're actually taking. So, you might be taking 16 seconds to get into the game, but if you're not resetting on the minute, at the minute, then you're not going to see that.

During the calibration phase, I'm to start-up and quickly catch a pokemon and check its IVs.

Catching is made easier with sweet scent, its easier to check IVs with a high level pokemon.

Instead of sweet scenting, could I just save in front of Azelf and repeatedly catch it/check IVs to generate my delay/seed range?

Thanks
Yes. Stationary, Wild, Legendary, Roaming...as long as you're catching/releasing it when you start your game and it's high enough a level to check IVs, it doesn't matter what it is.

Thanks
Yeah it would work, though I didn't play D/P/Pt in ages and can't remember what level azelf is, if you want to find your seed with the stats of the pokemon you caught it must be lvl > 50 (owning a bit of rare candies helps, you're resetting after checking anyway)

to find my SID in HG do i need to get the red gyrados up to level 100 to get the correct iv's or can i use serebi's iv calculator to find to iv's at lv 30.

Wouldn't that require him to save the game, and therefore keep the said Gyrados, when all he want to do is check its IVs?

I personally just used Rare Candies up until Lv. 34-35 and entered a new row of stats for each level in Metal Kid's IV Calculator. Finding out the Gyrados's Hidden Power each time from the Hidden Power guy in the Celadon City Game Corner prize place iirc, or from using the TM10 on it and going through trial and error, helps to narrow down the IVs too.

I have a question of my own. I'm trying to SR for Pikachu-colored Pichu in Pokemon Diamond. I found a spread but I have 2 problems:

1) Having the GBA cartridge inserted doesn't seem to affect whether or not my delay is odd or even. Though this isn't as much as an issue as I've decided to move the year forward since I kept hitting even delays, a more convenient way to hit odd delays would be nice.

and

2) which is the more serious issue: the frame for my spread is even (116) but I always seem to start on frame 1 or 3 when the NPC moves (I'm located in the pokemart in Sunyshore City), so I'm hitting either 115 or 117 with page flips. How can I resolve this?

The GBA game trick only works for DS Lites IIRC, and I believe they must be Pokemon games... don't quote me though. All I can confirm is that it works for my DS Lite with Pokemon Sapphire.

hi , is it actually possible to RNG a good red gyarados from lake of rage?

I already know my SID...

if so, what settings should be used on the rng reporter ? ( I know red gyara uses chain shiny, but there was a note in the main thread saying "red gyarados' frames may be off")

I want to breed for a specific Pokemon in Platinum. This Pokemon has two possible abilities, and its evolution has two possible abilities as well. I'm just a bit confused on how ability-changing works.

Let's say I see the ability of the unevolved Pokemon, I look on the chart, and find that this particular ability is "0." When the Pokemon evolves, will it obtain the 0 ability again, or is the ability it gets completely random?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
I want to breed for a specific Pokemon in Platinum. This Pokemon has two possible abilities, and its evolution has two possible abilities as well. I'm just a bit confused on how ability-changing works.

Let's say I see the ability of the unevolved Pokemon, I look on the chart, and find that this particular ability is "0." When the Pokemon evolves, will it obtain the 0 ability again, or is the ability it gets completely random?
if the pre-evolved form has ability 0 so will the evolve form, the only time this doesn't hold completely true is when you pal park pokemon from a third generation game where the ability may change upon evolution. So if you bred the pokemon in 4th gen then expect that the ability will remain the same number as the pre-evolved form in your case ability 0.

Hey everyone, im new to the forums but im regular on serebii and nsider2.
I had some questions about rng, im a complete noob when it comes to it
could anyone upload a walkhrough on how to do it in Soul Silver?
could someone explain exactly how it works?
sorta like rng for dummies
i have been soft resetting and breeding for a shiny charmander for about a month and half
thanks

I'm looking for someone to have a chat on msn about rng'ing in HGSS.
Read through a lot of this thread now and can't get this down, keep missing my seed and not finding anything in the adjacents.
So someone who can just run through all this with me to make sure I've got the procedure down would be good.

Can someone please explain to me what the difference between a "seed" and a "seed (hex)" is? I logged into my game on seed 8C030326, which was supposed to give me a Jolly shiny on frame 1, but I got a Hardy non-shiny instead, and when I plugged the seed I got into the first pane of RNGReporter, it gave me a different set of elm responses than I had gotten from seed to time when I entered 8C030326 as my seed hex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 21)