Metalheads United ;D

if you are oblivious enough to listen to unexpect and not think they are the latter then by all means keep listening to them, i'm clearly not going to change your opinion.
I was trying so hard to ignore you until now. Now I can't take it anymore. Now I will kindly ask you to please stop trolling. You don't see me bashing Metal that doesn't try to be original, do you?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i wasn't aware that this thread was only for praising bands. in fact it isn't much of a discussion if we're all going to agree on everything.

I wasn't aware that it was a thread for bashing them senselessly either. While it doesn't promote discussion very well, agreeing on everything is better than resorting to trolling/flamewars.

god dio is awful.

i'm liking suicide silence right now, especially the album "the cleansing" and particularly enjoy the songs the price of beauty and bludgeoned to death.
I really hope this was a joke. There is nothing good about Suicide Silence or core for the matter. Speaking of core bands, do they have to ruin everything they cover? Killswitch Engage ruined "Holy Diver" and Suicide Silence ruined "Them Bones".

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if you are oblivious enough to listen to unexpect and not think they are the latter then by all means keep listening to them, i'm clearly not going to change your opinion.
i thought they were crazy at first too yeah, and then i listened and it "clicked"

be honest, are you really that surprised? I mean these guys picket the funerals of dead soldiers.
Not really, I'm more ashamed as a human than surprised/shock. Not to attack religion, but it seems to do more hurt than help. I get you the worshiping and all that, but when it comes to hurting/offending innocent people who did nothing wrong but thought different, I really question how such things become so popular. I expect this to be on the news and I expect a group of angry metal heads to revolt, even know if I was there I'd probably allow those group of people trying to ruin Dio's memorial make themselves look like fools.

I've officially gone from hoping the WBC just goes away to hoping that church burns down with all of them inside it.

I can't wait to see the signs at Fred Phelps' funeral.

EDIT: Someone really needs to show them this picture.

Just further proof that gingers are soulless.
Dio was good with Rainbow and for one album and then one song on the next album. He proceeded to make a lot of really horrible music, at least under his name (I am not really curious as to if he made any good music after 1984 with some other band because it is not very likely, judging by how bad his own "opus" band was!)

Dio was good with Rainbow and for one album and then one song on the next album. He proceeded to make a lot of really horrible music, at least under his name (I am not really curious as to if he made any good music after 1984 with some other band because it is not very likely, judging by how bad his own "opus" band was!)
Yes, his songwriting is pretty weak, but to just say that he is awful is to ignore the reason why so many people knew him. His voice was absolutely incredible, even at 67.

Altmer

A strong voice with shit music backing it up? No fucken thanks. Dio was an influential guy, for sure, and a nice guy to boot, but I never gave a shit about the music behind the voice since it was never more than "passable". Black Sabbath wrote better material with Ozzy (even though Ozzy is a fucken idiot), Blackmore was better in Deep Purple and as for Dio, "Holy Diver" is all you need.

I am pretty sure, though, that Dio was a very nice and genuine guy and that is what is to be respected about the man most.

Yes, his songwriting is pretty weak, but to just say that he is awful is to ignore the reason why so many people knew him. His voice was absolutely incredible, even at 67.
His voice was nice, but that does not make him a good MUSICIAN; he was an awful musician. He was clearly a terrible musician. With such a great voice, he still managed to create a lot more bad works than great (I do not want to get into whether Black Sabbath counts or not; Dio Black Sabbath was shit to me, but that is a pretty divisive argument). Compare that to someone like Freddie Mercury who was cranking out something like Barcelona (the album) right up to his death bed (not that Barcelona compares to anything from early Queen, but still).

Altmer, please. Rainbow has at least some odd 10-15 songs that are extremely enjoyable if you like hard rock stylings, and Holy Diver/Stand Up and Shout/Rainbow in the Dark/We Rock are all great. I forget which other song I liked on his first album, there was one more.

Also, if you want to compare Deep Purple and Rainbow, the sound was probably more mature and "meaningful" in Rainbow overall, guitar and otherwise. Deep Purple were always trying on too many styles, and while it produced a few amazing moments, it also produced an incredible amount of songs that just could not suit Gillian or Blackmore at all.

I liked Dio's solo work. It was catchy and fun and honestly got me singing along more times than I'd like to admit.

I can see why some people wouldn't like it, though.

Been listening to Acid Bath recently on a recommendation from a buddy, and they are pretty goddamn amazing. Also been listening to some Atheist and they also own

metal owns

Altmer

Altmer, please. Rainbow has at least some odd 10-15 songs that are extremely enjoyable if you like hard rock stylings, and Holy Diver/Stand Up and Shout/Rainbow in the Dark/We Rock are all great. I forget which other song I liked on his first album, there was one more.
I meant the whole album, although for me personally only the song "Holy Diver" works. I never really cared for any of Rainbow's stuff. I watched a live DVD once and it was all right but it bored me. I prefer Deep Purple. Not saying Rainbow is bad, it's not my shit.

Also, if you want to compare Deep Purple and Rainbow, the sound was probably more mature and "meaningful" in Rainbow overall, guitar and otherwise. Deep Purple were always trying on too many styles, and while it produced a few amazing moments, it also produced an incredible amount of songs that just could not suit Gillian or Blackmore at all.
Which is why I always gravitate to Greatest Hits albums with these kinds of bands.

Oh sorry, forgot the album was named the same when thinking about it.

Live DVDs are probably not the best way to judge a band? Are you sure it even still had Dio? They were only together through 1978 (three albums). Even if not, if it was displaced by twenty years, i.e. done in the '90s or something, then they were not going to work well together anymore.

Listening to just a greatest hits is a horrible idea. You would probably miss out on top notch Deep Purple songs like April (the best song on I think the third album) because it was long and orchestral! Also their entire Deep Purple in Rock album works, was their style at its best. I disagree with people thinking Machine Head is their style at the best, they had reintroduced flaws that they managed to work past before!

Been listening to Acid Bath recently on a recommendation from a buddy, and they are pretty goddamn amazing. Also been listening to some Atheist and they also own

metal owns
http://www.last.fm/music/Gnostic

Has Atheist's old drummer. Album is good. Not as good as what Atheist did, but good.
Golden Sun said:
Anyone heard Bullet for my Valentine's new album? it's pretty good
At least they stopped trying to be Metallica, like every other melodic metalcore band.

But I've only heard a few songs off the radio, and if they're as boring as the rest of them album, then I won't listen to it.

Also new Exodus is better than Exhibit A but still not that great.

Altmer

Live DVDs are probably not the best way to judge a band? Are you sure it even still had Dio? They were only together through 1978 (three albums). Even if not, if it was displaced by twenty years, i.e. done in the '90s or something, then they were not going to work well together anymore.
It's from like 1977. It had Dio, definitely.

Listening to just a greatest hits is a horrible idea. You would probably miss out on top notch Deep Purple songs like April (the best song on I think the third album) because it was long and orchestral! Also their entire Deep Purple in Rock album works, was their style at its best. I disagree with people thinking Machine Head is their style at the best, they had reintroduced flaws that they managed to work past before!
Unfortunately this metal isn't a requisite staple of my playlist.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone heard Bullet for my Valentine's new album? it's pretty good
Yeah it is pretty awesome, although they really haven't tried out anything different from their previous albums, like Scream Aim Fire. It does sound a bit monotonous after a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)