Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You trade a random pokemon and they use an AR code to find out the SID, it is similar to how people can use the AR to find out the IV's of pokemon I think.

I've been trying to find spreads with this, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...02&postcount=4 , but no matter what I do it comes up with 0 spreads! Could someone post instructions? I've been doing this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2553502&postcount=4
using the new one. What's wrong?? Help!
It creates spreads in the file Spreads.txt, which is located in the same folder that you put the program in. If you're not getting anything from that, keep in mind that not every spread exists. Personally, I use the spreadsheets at the bottom of this page http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4 beforehand to figure out what spread I want, then use PokeRNG to figure out what seed to use depending on what Method I'm using.

so if I got this result (which I did,)
Search for: NAIVE 30/7/30/30/31/31 HP GRASS 70
Found 1 result(s)!
PID: 76041f15 (NAIVE, ability 1) 30/7/30/30/31/31 (Seed: 7c0d0261 Method 1: 3347, J (synch): 3313, J (no synch): 3314, K (synch): 3320, K (no synch): None) HP GRASS 70

what could I do with that?

Found 1 result(s)!
PID: 76041f15 (NAIVE, ability 1) 30/7/30/30/31/31 (Seed: 7c0d0261 Method 1: 3347, J (synch): 3313, J (no synch): 3314, K (synch): 3320, K (no synch): None) HP GRASS 70

You mean how to understand were in it is the frame, target time, ect? I'm having the same problem; I don't understand much of it either....

Found 1 result(s)!

• Open the RNG Reporter and put in the seed 7c0d0261.
• Go to the Seed to Time Finder.
• Choose a time (which is Year, Month, Day, and optionally Second).
• Choose the method you are using for the pokemon.
• Hit the seed 7c0d0261 at the time you choose.
• You need to advance your frame so when you find the pokemon you will hit that frame.
• Capture the pokemon and hope it is what you were going for.

I have a question.

So, you use the elm calls to verify you hit the seed, but as you verify the Frame also advances right? For example I call him 9 times to see if I hit my delay, but then while I call, it also advances the frame by 9. And, can you call Elm more to advance the frame until it hits your target frame, after verifying that you hit your delay? Sorry if this was covered before.

• Open the RNG Reporter and put in the seed 7c0d0261.
• Go to the Seed to Time Finder.
• Choose a time (which is Year, Month, Day, and optionally Second).
• Choose the method you are using for the pokemon.
• Hit the seed 7c0d0261 at the time you choose.
• You need to advance your frame so when you find the pokemon you will hit that frame.
• Capture the pokemon and hope it is what you were going for.
Simple and easy! Thanks!
..But how do I tell my frame? lol

What game is this for? If HG you can call Elm to find out your seed and check what frame you're on. If DPPt you need to keep track on your own.

Is it possible to use Wichu's RNG Progam alone, or do you HAVE to have RNG reporter?

So in emerald, you have to hit your target time at the continue screen, then hit your frame and take the egg, correct?

a)input your seed into the rng reporter
b)choose your method (1 for gifts, J for encounters in DPPt, K for encounters in HGSS)
c)choose your synchronizers nature if you are using one (only for methods J and K)(most likely you wont find a frame if you are not using a synchro)
d)click the nature and the ivs you are looking for
e)hit generate

Congratulations you found your frame

It's DPPt.
How do I keep track when going for legends? I've never been given a frame!
J (synch): 3313, this will be your target frame. You would have to have two journal entries with captured pokemon in them, when you get to your game your journal should open. At that point you do 1656 journal flips and the journal opening counts as one. I believe you press start to get out of the journal. Get into the battle with the legendary with the synchronizer at the front of your party. Hopefully the legendary will be what you were going for.

If you do not have a synchronizer you should use this frame and method J (no synch): 3314. You should have 5 pokemon in your party. Go and do 1654 journal flips. Walk around 128 steps which will advance the frame by five. At this point initiate the battle and it should be what you want.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I found a shiny timid spread (31/31/29/30/29/31). I went with a higher delay so that the frame would be significantly lower. But It seems that I hit my delay and frame and got no shiny. I'm still in the process of catching it, so I don't know yet if I got the spread.

But RNG Reporter doesn't list the lower delay spread as shiny...

edit: Well, I ran away by mistake, so I don't know if I hit it, but if RNG Reporter doesn't list the lower delay spread as shiny, it's possible that it isn't. How do you get shiny spreads to have lower frames?

if my frame is 919, then that =
459.5 journal flips.What do I do?Anything else I should remember? Do monster frames effect the normal frame? Anything like that? I know for Wondercards the frame is automatically -1, anything like that for catching?
And, just to make sure, once I get my seed and frame, I go to Seed to Times, and do that? Nothing else? Thanks.

if my frame is 919, then that =
459.5 journal flips.What do I do?Anything else I should remember?
And, just to make sure, once I get my seed and frame, I go to Seed to Times, and do that? Nothing else? Thanks.
This is for a legendary right? It will mean that it will be 919-1 so it will be 918 and 459 journal flips. If you already did the math like that then you will have to do 128 steps with and odd number of pokemon in your party. This will mean that you subtract a number equal to the number of pokemon in your party. So it will be 919-5 so it will end up with 457 journal flips.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When using Wichu's RNG program, how can you tell if the spreads it generates are for generation 3, or generation 4?
if your using PokeRNG DP all the spreads are for fourth generation, you'll also notice that they all have a specific seed this means they won't work in emerald whose initial seed is always zero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)