Top 16: A Dallas Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello all, here's my warstory. I didn't get any pics sadly, but I had a good time.

My team

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
Fake Out
Ice Shard
Low Kick
Night Slash

Palkia @ Haban Berry
Timid
255 SpA/255 Spe
Dragon Pulse
Protect
Thunder
Flamethrower

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Modest
255 SpA/255 Spe
Fake Out
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Surf

Kyogre @ Wacan Berry
Modest
255 SpA/255 Spe
Surf
Thunder
Protect
Ancientpower

So I get there, get in, and start battling.

Round One

This guy knows about EVs, but doesn't use them. Someone gave him a team. All I remember is that he had a Salamence. It was pretty easy.
4-0

Round 2

This is the guy dressed as a Jolteon. He lead with Marowak/Weezing and Exploded with Weezing, however it didn't KO either of my pokes.
I don't really remember the rest.
3-0

Round 3

This guy was on Smogon, I don't remember his (user) name, though. He lead Smeargle and something else, but Smeargle was KO'd before he could move. I asked the guy if it was Scarfed, but he didn't say anything though he looked sheepish. This match was easy, too.
4-0

Round 4

This battle was on the screen. He lead I think Snorlax-Raikou. Both shiny. I thought nothing of this. Then my Weavile's Low Kick didn't KO his 1/2 health Snorlax. Then Palkia's Thunder did about 1/2 to his Kyogre. I didn't know it, but everyone in the crowd was saying that he hacked. My dad even has on video the end of the match and a guy in the crowd saying, "JRankin" (my trainer name) "protest!" Someone went and got Marriland, and after the battle (I lost) he hack checked. The kid had all 31 IV in every stat on all his pokes, they were all shiny, and they had 255 EVs in EVERY STAT. He got DQ'd. So I'm in the finalists lounge.

I got in there quite early, so I had to wait for about and hour and a half, and was so nervous I peed three times. I was the little kid with the red backpack, if anyone saw me. I talked to Biffster right after he got beat, was too scared to say anything to Alaka, Tyler422, or OmegaDonut, but I did talk to Kongler briefly. When everybody was done, we drew for byes. I got one. So round 5 begins.

Round 5

I face some guy who had apparently just got out of high school as he said the song playing was his graduation song. He lead Gardevoir-Umbreon, and used Confuse Ray with the Umbreon, forcing me to switch several times. In the middle of the battle he wanted a hack check, but Marriland said another one would be redudant, because all the finalists had had their's checked already. This battle was pretty easy, though the score says otherwise.
2-0

Round 6

Yes! I had an invite to Nats! This is where I met my downfall, though, losing to the guy in second place. The video number is 94-17639-47983. I had no idea what Tangrowth could do, unfortunately, and I never had a chance.

0-3

I had a lot of fun, but I might not be at Nationals. My dad really doesn't want to make the 12-hour drive, and I'm not sure if I would even do well.

Props:
drcossack for giving me some last-minute help
meeting Kongler and Biffster
a hacker getting caught
Top 16!
Shiny Evee

Slops:
Being too scared to talk to Alaka, Tyler422, and OmegaDonut
Using AncientPower on Kyogre when Ice Beam would have made a huge difference in my last match.

Lol, get those hack checks in people! If it looks fishy, hack check it! If you're winning, they suck at hacking!

Good job, though. Though it sucks you lost immediately after joining the ranks of the Top 16, the invite is good in it of itself. Hopefully you can go to Nats!

Darn, good job man. Despite losing against a hacker, you got to proceed on with your matches? I thought if you lost, you lost and that was that. Guess not.

255 EV's every stat = lol

JRank

Jonny
7014gree, that was your Palkia, thanks a ton. The hackers reaction was that he said he had no idea what EVs or IVs were. He thought he had done nothing wrong.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thats right you made top 16, well congratulations Jrank.

Anyone have an idea on how to convince my dad to take me to Nats?
you achieved something big by making top 16 so use that againts him. tell him that out of 600+ people who came to participate you managed to be in the top 16, that you worked very hard for the event and had success and that it would be a shame to have all that hard work and prestigues accomplisment wasted.", tell him "do you wanna see your son work so hard and come out on top only to not follow through and waste all of that work". hehe you know just blow up the details abit.

and of course if you have major trust points with your dad like i did with my mom, just tell him to fly over for the weekend and you will pay him back your share :). thats what i did and my mom always agreed. ofcourse i payed her back every penny :(.

JRank

Jonny
thats right you made top 16, well congratulations Jrank.

you achieved something big by making top 16 so use that againts him. tell him that out of 600+ people who came to participate you managed to be in the top 16, that you worked very hard for the event and had success and that it would be a shame to have all that hard work and prestigues accomplisment wasted.", tell him "do you wanna see your son work so hard and come out on top only to not follow through and waste all of that work". hehe you know just blow up the details abit.

and of course if you have major trust points with your dad like i did with my mom, just tell him to fly over for the weekend and you will pay him back your share :). thats what i did and my mom always agreed. ofcourse i payed her back every penny :(.
The problem with that is, though, I don't have the money to fly. It would be about ~300 dollars round trip for me and I only have ~125 right now. I'm just a kid, I rely on birthday money and yard-mowing money for my funds.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thats the Good thing about parents, thier not banks and do not come with deadlines on when to pay your debts [even if they say pay me by this time, trust its not set in stone]. i took my time paying my mom back. she even found it funny

Or you could convince them to drive you, but idk how well that would work. Its a lot cheaper. Did you include hotel into your cost? It will add a lot to the total amount of the trip.

Anyone have an idea on how to convince my dad to take me to Nats?
Know anyone else in your area going to Nats?
If you do get a road trip, get your dad to come along so that he feels safe and then you might have fun on the road.

well if having 31's everywhere is hacking im in trouble, cause i bred the shit outta my pokemon to get those max 31 ivs... but 255 in every IV lol crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)