Smogon Premier League - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The first official trade for the SPL has been completed.

Blue Kirby has been traded from The Cryonicles to The Wifi Wolfpack.
gotei(13) hyorinmaru and Legacy Raider have been traded from The Wifi Wolfpack to The Cryonicles.

... and we get a second one too!

Mizuno has been traded from The Circus Maximus Tigers to The Wifi Wolfpack.
Abutorn and j. franky have been traded from The Wifi Wolfpack to The Circus Maximus Tigers.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
awooo!

just want to say a nice goodbye to gotei, LR, abutorn and franky who are all good boys who will forever have the spirit of the wolf in their heart, but these were the best moves for our team

also we welcom blue)kirny and mizuno with open paws.

We sort of pmed each other on mirc monday, but by the time he got back to me I was already asleep. Tuesday there was no sign of him. I hope Taylor and I can play today !

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Early Chansey freeze and lots of FPs on my side wrapped it up for TTS.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Activity post.
I have been in contact with mien since the first day, but we haven't been able to battle yet. We will battle as soon as possible.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Pride's timer ran out midway and I have chosen to take the win by the rule, I'm sorry and this may seem lame but i really felt that the luck against me was ridiculous and just the fact that our team is down 4-2 leaves me no other choice, sorry pride and gg

Except, you know, he didn't, to the best of my knowledge as the team manager(and I'm pretty sure I'd know), and you apparently just had a tantrum about the fact you had a bad team match-up and decided to use logs you had of Atticus(which I can't believe you're even trying to deny with how easy to is to check that sort of thing) because of it. I'm just disappointed in the order things happened - if you were going to scout and teamplay against Atticus(unless that timeout and the slow play throughout the match was just a "coincidence", but thanks for coughing that up) I would have loved to do the same thing against you. I wouldn't have choked and given you a win you had no business getting after you basically lost the match twice I'm told? if I was ghost-playing against you.

I'm hearing our remaining player is getting some suspicious spectators too - I guess if this is how the SPL is going to work I'll keep it in mind in future weeks.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Not only is this completely false and bullshit, but I guess I could say the same about Folgorio counterteaming my team to the absolute fucking limit. He must have watched me some too.

Ok i'm sorry but this is total bullcrap and you know that. First of all if i would have watched you play, i am 100% sure you would have found out. Do you really expect us to believe that you would just allow random spectators w/o finding out who they were? and i have no way of finding out your alts regardless.

Second how did i counter team? I used a torterra set that ive been using for some time now? seriously i tried that shit out back when jamasha posted it a fuckload of time ago. Also fyi you are known to be a stall player; logic told me to use something good against stall. Is that counterteaming? The same way im sure you refrained from using stuff you would have used had you not known i play offense mostly.

W/e you know what you said was a lie.

Not only is this completely false and bullshit, but I guess I could say the same about Folgorio counterteaming my team to the absolute fucking limit. He must have watched me some too.
As far as I can tell (from your raging in the battle) there was only one move on one pokemon that was questionable and Fologrio claims to have used that move set for a long time now. Many of the spectators agreed that he had been using this for a long time before your game.

Now onto the actual "bullshit":

Your teammates (assuming one of them isn't you) are still following Gouki around (yes, he's under an alt). This should be obvious to you but just so you know, it is obvious to us that it would be hard for these spectators to know Gouki's alts if they weren't receiving a mod's help. Just a heads up...maybe talk to your buddies if you're finding these accusations so offensive. If you require an example user: "Hail to England".

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Guys, stop whining about counter teaming. I don't even want to hear it brought up again. We're playing competitive Pokemon--can you name any other competitive game that doesn't involve scouting in some form or another? I sure can't. Especially on this level (the highest) you should expect to be counter teamed. It's not dirty. Really, it's not. You guys are all good enough battlers that you should be able to overcome it. It's just part of the game.

This type of banter that goes on is an absolute disgrace.

I'd just like to say when ToF joins my ladder battles he is either not under and alt or tells me it's him, it's not like he's sneaking around and writing down everyone's team. And to be honest people are going to see your teams anyway (or one of their teammates/friends saw it and saved the log) regardless of whether you ladder or play against someone for SPL.

It's going to happen. Just make more than one team. Make 8 if you want.

EDIT: beaten by dubs -__-

Uh, k, let's stop the baseless scouting accusations. Just take my word for it when I say that every time I have been in my team's IRC channel, there have been no counter team or scouting discussions whatsoever. Hell, if anything, OUR teams have been at the disadvantage for a few matches this round (note: I'm not saying you guys counterteamed or scouted, I'm just saying that so far two of our teams have been poorly matched this round). If you're really that suspicious of some alt following you around, ask our team to sign onto their main at the same time and try to alt-check. Otherwise, don't go throwing accusations around please -__-.

Edit: Also, I find it funny that the only form of counterintelligence ToF played a part in was spilling in #stark what MY team was -__-. Fuck you ToF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)