Tyranitar the "Boah"

Tyranitar the "Boah"

Ahh yes, I remember my First RMT named "Boahfied". That was the last time i ever used TyraniBoah, and after my impressive record with that team , TyraniBoah was my signiture. However, I have not used TyraniBoah, in fact ive barely used Tyranitar since that team. Now with this most likely being one of my last, if not last RMTs of the 4th Gen of Pokemon. I decided to go back to the roots, and form a team with the sole purpose of getting a TyraniBoah sweep. People tell me "Oh TyraniBoah is only a Wall Breaker now" or "Oh Boah doesnt work in this new metagame". Well this team proves them wrong completley.

At a glance:

Unlike most teams in this Hyper Offensive Metagame (Which is quickly drifting to stall). My team is more balanced and focus on eliminating bulky pokemon to allow me to sweep. This team also fares well with Toxic Spikes crippling many Walls and Bulky Waters, and my main sweeper just so happens to be an excellent Wall Breaker.
- No Stealth Rock weak Pokemon. All of my pokemon are either Resistant or Neutral to Stealth Rock, meaning I dont have to worry about switch ins much.
- 1 Toxic Spikes vulnerable Pokemon. Only my Tyranitar has a Toxic Spikes weakness, but if i keep Roserade alive, then Toxic Spikes gets absorbed
- Immune to 6 of the 17 types. Of all my pokemon, each member except Roserade has an Immunity. Flygon,Rotom-A, and Cresselia are immune to Ground. Rotom-A is immune to Normal and Fighting. Flygon is immune to Electric. Tyranitar is immune to Psychic. All these immunities protect other members of my team.
- Every possible TyraniBoah counter covered! Roserade helps out by using Toxic Spikes, weakening Bulky Waters, as well as haveing Leaf Storm for them. Magnezone traps Steels such as Scizor, as well as countering Bulky Waters amd having HP Grass for Swampert. Cresselia has Psychic for Infernape and Ice Beam for Flygon/Dragonite/Salamence.

Followers of the Boah

Blood Rose
Roserade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Let me give you the rundown on what I believe are the best three leads in no order. Machamp, Roserade, and Smeargle. Can you see why? They all completley shut down the opponents lead with either Confusion or Sleep, then proceed to do theyre job. In my case Roserade has 2 jobs to fulfill, one more important than the other. Its first and primary job, set up 2 sets of Toxic Spikes. If it appears its task may be compremised, then i switch to save Roserade for later which then leads to its second but not expected job (i usually expect it to fall early on). Countering Bulky Waters and in particular, Swampert. Clearing them out will provide an easy road for Tyraniboah to sweep. HP Fire is there to take out enemy Grass Types and Steel pokemon bar Heatran.
---

Tartarus
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Quiet 252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpA / 28 Spe
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Punch
- Flamethrower

In my personal opinion, TyraniBoah is the best Tyranitar set for this new metagame with Latias gone and Salamence Suspect. Boah is not only an excellent Wall Breaker (where Stall dominates todays metagame) but is also a reliable sweeper. The obvious Sub-Punch combo is to take out Blissey and anything resisting Dark Pulse and not SE hit by Flamethrower. I chose Flamethrower because in this new metagame, Ice Beam is only effective against Dragons and Gliscor, who dont completley wall Boah like Bulky Waters, and Thunderbolt is only for Waters which is where the rest of my team comes in. Flamethrower allows me to OHKO Scizor and 2HKO Skarmory and Magnezone, as well as 3HKO Bronzong. Effectively allowing me to counter the SkarmBliss combo.
---

Eclipse
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Reflect

Cresselia is my single Screener and my effective Dragon/Infernape/Gliscor counter. With Reflect my Tyraniboah becomes a Wall with Sandstorm increasing his SpDef and Reflect boosting his Def. Moonlight allows me to heal and is only here instead of Rest because i dont want to be trapped in Sleep. Ice Beam allows me to effectively counter Hippowdon/Gliscor/Flygon/Salamence/Dragonite OHKO or 2HKO all of them (Except Hippowdon which is 3HKO). Psychic is there over Thunder Wave to Infernape and because i want to make sure TyraniBoah is slower than its enemies to effectively set up a Substitute.
---

Kryptonite
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid
252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Jirachi is my Special Sweeper, Lucario counter and my effective Bulky Water Slayer. Originally this was a Steel Killer Magnezone, however after many tips of advice, I changed it to the Sub-CM set of Jirachi. This set has excellent Synergy with Rotom-A and Flygon, where Rotom-A can wither Physical Threats with Will-O-Wisp and Flygon enjoys Jirachi taking out its counters . I opted for Psychic over Flash Cannon because it can OHKO Lucario after 2 Close Combats ( I Sub twice) . ThunderBolt provides for excellent neutral coverage especially against Scizor, and can be used to Slay Bulky Waters.

---

Lightning
Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
- ThunderBolt
- Rest
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sleep Talk

Rotom is my effective Spin Blocker and combined with Tyranitar, can effectively counter a majority of the metagame. Will-o-Wisp is to cripple those Physical bastards (mainly Lucario and Machamp) coming at my Tyranitar. ThunderBolt is for the Stab against Steels and Waters, This is the Physically Defensive Sleep Talk set because i need this guys to primarily counter Physical Attackers. Rest and Sleep Talk allow me to ensure maximum bulkyness and can effectively wall Swampert.

---

Hermes
Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Flygon is my effective Revenge Killer. Able to come on just about any pokemon, and most importantly the Dragons/Gyarados, Flygon can hit each of my remaining counters for SE damage as well as scout early game with U-Turn. I chose Flygon over Jirachi for my revenge killer to cover my remaining weaknesses as well as not worrying about getting trapped by Magnezone, getting crippled by TWave, or getting hit by Ground Moves.

Stength/Weakness Chart

Conclusion:
In conclusion you have an effective team to combat this new Dragon-absence metagame, as well as being able to break the common stall teams. All im going to do now is show my First RMT and how it progressed to my last RMT.

Team: Boahfied July 2009

Team: Tyranitar the "Boah" June 2010

Threat List
Defensive Threats:

Blissey –Blissey is the perfect opportunity for my TyraniBoah to set up, seeing as her Seismic Toss wont be breaking my subs, and neither will her other attacks. If all else fails I have Magnezone with Explosion to take her out. Flygon can 2HKO with EQ.
Bronzong – Magnezone comes in and its all over, If this guy happens to have Earthquake then i switch to Rotom-A and first Will-O-Wisp to stop any leftovers gain.
Celebi – TyraniBoah and Rotom can come in and set up theyre own stuff against her. Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse hits her to get 2HKO.

Cresselia – Thankfully these guys mainly run Defensive nature and Defensive EVs. Tyranitar can come in and set up its own Sub+Dark Pulse, while Rotom-A can come in and Shadow Ball it.
Dusknoir- Usually jist go to my Rotom-A or Tyranitar to handle it with ease
Forretress – Magnezone comes in and traps his ass, as well as Rotom-A coming in to Spin Block.
Gliscor – Rotom-A and Cresselia are my answers. Rotom-A is immune to EQ and so is Cresselia, but Cresselia has Ice Beam to take it down

Gyarados - Usually send out either Rotom-A,Magnezone or Flygon to hit it while its DDing up, then I TBolt or Stone Edge it to death. If Tyranitar comes out then I can simply TBolt it with ease.
Hippowdon – Roserade,Magnezone and Cresselia can all come in and fire off super effective hits. Though for Magnezone Hippowdon needs to be damaged first.
Jirachi – Magnezone speaks trouble for Jirachi, as well as Rotom-A with Will-o-wisp and a TyraniBoah already behind a Sub.
Rotom-A – Boah doesnt fear Will-o-wisp and can come in and Sub up, then Fire off Dark Pulse. Rotom-A can also come in and Shadow Ball away.
Skarmory – Magnezone,TyraniBoah,Rotom-A.

Snorlax – Snorlax is perfect for TyraniBoah to set up and Sub-Punch
Suicune – Crocune can be Tricky but TyraniBoah can come in and set up its Sub then Focus Punch while theyre using CM, then Flygon can come in and revenge if anything happens to Boah.

Swampert – Roserade,Magnezone.

Tyranitar – Ok Tyranitar, I can come in on them and use Flygon to EQ it away or use Boah to set up a sub then fire off Focus Punch.

Vaporeon – Can be a pain, but I have TBolt on TyraniBoah, Magnezone, Rotom, and Roserade.

Zapdos – Defensive Zapdos go one way or another, and both ways are weak to Stone Edge, so Flygon comes in and fires those away.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf – Lead eats my Sleep Powder, I set up TSpikes, then switch when i expect a Explosion.
Breloom – Breloom can be a pain, but if Rotom is already out and my TSpikes are gone. I can Will-o-Wisp his ass then resist all his attacks.
Empoleon- Hoorah for Rotom, and more importantly Magnezone.
Gengar – Well TyraniBoah or Rotom or Cresselia can come in and Set Up, though Boah my go down so i probably wont send him out.

Gyarados – Tyraniboah can TBolt it away, Rotom LOLs at his ass, and Magnezone usually outspeeds.

Heatran – Tyranitar. eats. hits. Boah can eat a Earth Power or Fire Blast and set up a Sub, then...Focus Punch
Infernape – Cresselia
/
Jolteon/Raikou – Flygon is my only counter

Kingdra – Flygon can come in even if it has a DD +1 and Outrage his ass.

Lucario – Rotom can Will-o-Wisp it, Magnezone can attempt to KO it but otherwise its a problem
Machamp – Cresselia and Rotom and Tyraniboah work together to take it down

Magnezone – Flygon

Mamoswine – Rotom-A can Will-o-Wisp it, crippling it then can HP Fighting him to death
Metagross – Flygon, Rotom-A can Will-o-Wisp it.

Salamence - Cresselia and Flygon

Scizor – MAGNEZONE
Starmie – Cresselia can eat its attacks and slowly wither it away, Flygon can come in and U-Turn it, Rotom can Tbolt as well as Magnezone or Boah at some times
Tyranitar – Tyraniboah if it lacks EQ or is trapped in another move, Flygon can EQ it to death
Weavile – Boah under Sub, or Magnezone

Zapdos – Flygon

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This team is very weak against SD Lucario. If it gets a Swords Dance up, it can OHKO every member of your team with the appropriate move. And no, your Cresselia is not really a counter, because Adamant versions can deal 63.5% - 74.8% damage and Jolly Versions can deal 58.1% - 68.5% damage with a +2 Crunch. If Cresselia has taken any residual damage, it may be at risk for a KO.

A hasty remedy to this is to place 188 Speed EVs and a Timid Nature on Rotom to outspeed Adamant Lucario. This, however, does not save your team against Jolly versions.

You should consider replacing Magnezone with a Substitute Thunder Wave Jirachi. Why? It can effectively check Swords Dance Lucario and Scizor, and gives crucial paralysis support for Tyranitar.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
80 HP/176 Atk/252 Spe
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch

This is one of the most annoying sets in the entire metagame. It can be an absolute terror for teams that do not have Swampert or Heatran. You already have 2 other grass attacks on your team, so Swampert should not be a problem. Heatran is naturally covered by Tyranitar and Flygon (but don't switch Flygon into any Life Orb Fire Blasts). You don't lose much coverage against bulky waters either, as Rotom and Roserade do very well in countering them.

Finally, place Rest on Cresselia. Moonlight is absolutely useless in sandstorm, and Rest is almost always more reliable.

Good luck!

This team is very weak against SD Lucario. If it gets a Swords Dance up, it can OHKO every member of your team with the appropriate move. And no, your Cresselia is not really a counter, because Adamant versions can deal 63.5% - 74.8% damage and Jolly Versions can deal 58.1% - 68.5% damage with a +2 Crunch. If Cresselia has taken any residual damage, it may be at risk for a KO.

A hasty remedy to this is to place 188 Speed EVs on Rotom to outspeed Adamant Lucario. This, however, does not save your team against Jolly versions.

You should consider replacing Magnezone with a Substitute Thunder Wave Jirachi. Why? It can effectively check Swords Dance Lucario and Scizor, and gives crucial paralysis support for Tyranitar.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
80 HP/176 Atk/252 Spe
-Substitute
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch

This is one of the most annoying sets in the entire metagame. It can be an absolute terror for teams that do not have Swampert. You already have 2 other grass attacks on your team, so Swampert should not be a problem.

Good luck!
Ive been considering using something over Magnezone, but since this team is mostly used on Wifi, Rotom-A doesnt have Leaf Storm

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Rotom still beats Swampert 1-on-1, unless Swampert has Hydro Pump. You may want a bulkier Rotom with Rest and Sleep Talk to outstall Swampert almost 100% of the time. Check it out:

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def /56 SpD
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

not bad of a team but id suggest flamethrower over thunderbolt on the ttar for scizors,forretress,skarms and those steels + thunderbolt isnt much needed for waters when you have tspikes and leafstorm rade

Ill be testing out the Jirachi and RestTalk Rotom today. Thanks for the rate. And so far my only reason for not having Flamethrower over Thunderbolt was to hit bulky waters and because i have Magnezone for Steels

UPDATE THREAT LIST

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Regarding the SD Lucario weakness I suggest a Wish+ CM Jirachi over Magnetzone. This handles Bulky Waters and gives your team wish support which is extremely beneficial to both Cressilia and Tyranitar.latising Wish + CM Jirachi also lets you drop thunderbolt on T-tar for Flamethrower as Jirachi is alrady handling the bulky waters.

I also suggest running the Rest Talk Rotom set which has much more bulk and can still burn things, with Jirachi's Wish support Rotom will be staying around for a very long time.

Have a Nice Day!

Regarding the SD Lucario weakness I suggest a Wish+ CM Jirachi over Magnetzone. This handles Bulky Waters and gives your team wish support which is extremely beneficial to both Cressilia and Tyranitar.latising Wish + CM Jirachi also lets you drop thunderbolt on T-tar for Flamethrower as Jirachi is alrady handling the bulky waters.

I also suggest running the Rest Talk Rotom set which has much more bulk and can still burn things, with Jirachi's Wish support Rotom will be staying around for a very long time.

Have a Nice Day!
How does Wish+CM Jirachi solve my Lucario weakness?

I think on your Tyranitar, Focus Punch isn't exactly great, run Fire Blast/Stone Edge/Earthquake?? While you do have counters for Scizor and the link, you don't want to give up 19% HP just because of him.

I think you should make Flygon Jolly, so that you can revenge +1 Salamence and CS Jirachi's, the lessened damage is little, however it means you can effectively take down 2 huge threats in the OU environment

I think on your Tyranitar, Focus Punch isn't exactly great, run Fire Blast/Stone Edge/Earthquake?? While you do have counters for Scizor and the link, you don't want to give up 19% HP just because of him.

I think you should make Flygon Jolly, so that you can revenge +1 Salamence and CS Jirachi's, the lessened damage is little, however it means you can effectively take down 2 huge threats in the OU environment
So wait what are you saying about Tyranitar? Its supposed to be TyraniBoah. Also the suspect without Salamence is the reason why i use Adamant Flygon, but ill consider changing.

What im really asking though is what exactly do you want me to do with Tyranitar?

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I should have been more clear, the bulkier Rotom set helps your Lucario weakness, Jirachi is meant to help stop Bulky Waters allowing you to run Flamethrower on Tyranitar

Have a Nice Day!

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I see you replaced your Magnezone with a Wish CM Jirachi. While this is a great Pokemon, it can't check SD Lucario and you really need check for him. I stick with my previous suggestion of a Sub T-Wave Jirachi.

A Sub Calm Mind Jirachi can work if you don't understand how to use the Sub T-Wave version. It can also check SD Lucario. After Lucario uses Close Combat twice (presumably on the substitute), you can finish him with STAB Psychic. This Jirachi also has the great side effect of being one of the most dangerous sweepers in OU (right up there with Salamence and Breloom).

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute

I see you replaced your Magnezone with a Wish CM Jirachi. While this is a great Pokemon, it can't check SD Lucario and you really need check for him. I stick with my previous suggestion of a Sub T-Wave Jirachi.

A Sub Calm Mind Jirachi can work if you don't understand how to use the Sub T-Wave version. It can also check SD Lucario.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
I was looking at Sub-CM and I do know how Sub-Twave works. If Rotom fails at effectively crippling Lucario I WILL Change Jirachi to Sub-CM set

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Yes I changed the Jirachi
You really want max speed on Jirachi to speed tie with max speed Salamence. 80 SpA EVs don't get you that much extra power and you would wish that you would have placed the EVs in speed.

Again:

Timid
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe

Sorry, but I'm really picky about things like these. :P

You really want max speed on Jirachi to speed tie with max speed Salamence. 80 SpA EVs don't get you that much extra power and you would wish that you would have placed the EVs in speed.

Again:

Timid
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe

Sorry, but I'm really picky about things like these. :P
The reason im not using that spread is because with these SpA EVs i get the OHKO on a -2 SpD Lucario (from CC) with Psychic. Also What will Jirachi do if it speed ties Salamence? not very much

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
The reason im not using that spread is because with these SpA EVs i get the OHKO on a -2 SpD Lucario (from CC) with Psychic. Also What will Jirachi do if it speed ties Salamence? not very much
Hm, I have done some calcs and 0 SpA Jirachi is able to to OHKO Lucario 66.6% of the time with two defense drops. In that case, you may want to place 40 SpA EVs and 216 Spe EVs in order to outspeed all base 95s (most importantly Gliscor):

Timid
252 HP/40 SpA/216 Spe

It's still able to OHKO Lucario 92.3% of the time, and that's good enough.

It's important to beat other Jirachi with 176 Spe EVs, as many carry Thunder Wave. This seems like the most practical EV spread I can come up with atm. I usually use the 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe spread, but then again, I usually never use Sub CM Jirachi as a Lucario check.

ginganinja

Just pointing out that Cressilia can survive a Lucario's Crunch and do 77.58% - 91.81% in return with Psychic, this is actualy significant since while Lucario 2KO's it will take 20% from LO which mean that it will die too unless Cress hits minimum damage with Psychic in which case SRs' finish it off.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Just pointing out that Cressilia can survive a Lucario's Crunch and do 77.58% - 91.81% in return with Psychic, this is actualy significant since while Lucario 2KO's it will take 20% from LO which mean that it will die too unless Cress hits minimum damage with Psychic in which case SRs' finish it off.
Cresselia is still a horrible check because it has to be in near-perfect health, and considering Lucario come out late-game, it is very likely Cresselia has switched into SR a couple of times.

CB Tyranitar, commonly paired with Lucario, can also make a huge dent in Cresselia with Crunch or Pursuit, and Cresselia may not have time to rest.

ginganinja

on the other hand you could use that line of reasoning with any pokemon such as "Gliscor is not a Lucario counter, it is beaten by a Suicune and Lucario comes out late game anyway so Gliscor could be fainted by then"

Not to mention that Lucario struggles to get a SD up anyway at the best of times against this team and that Flygon only has a 28.2% chance to OHKO'ed by an Extremespeed with SR factored in (granted it needs to be on full health).
Lucario can ONLY set up on a Flygon locked into Stone Edge or Outrage. His Flygon does 42.35% - 50.18% with one Outrage. Jirachi does 49.11% - 58.01% with one Psychic and this is without a defensce drop from Close Combat. This means that even if both atacks hit minimum damage then Lucario dies. This also means that Lucario can only logically come in on Stone Edge.

Their is no doubt that this team has some slight issues with Lucario, and sure, in a well played game with smart predictions (eg Tyranitar with no Sub switchs out fearing a Close Combat but instead Lucario Swords Dances up) Lucario can get a SD off. However, I think that the Lucario conserns are slightly overstated, Jirachi outspeeds (currently), Flygon can survive an Extremespeed and Cressilia can take a Crunch and cripple it with Psychic. Also Cressilia can set up a Reflect at some stage during the match (not on Lucario obviously as 1v1 psychic is better) which means that Lucario cannot even begin to sweep until reflect is down, I am sorry I just do not think it is that much of a problem.

Have a Nice Day!

Alright guys thanks for the help, do you consider switching anything else around? Do you think the team is any good or no

You can't just chuck Boah around and put him on any old team? and you don't really build a team around him either. He is a wall breaker and a stall breaker, to help your team and your sweeper.

I really don't get the point in him on this team, or any of the members really. They don't seem to work together.

Also that Jirachi is not a lucario counter. It needs to have recieved two defence drops before it is OHKOed by Physchic, not to mention is has a 4times resist to stealth rock so it can just switch out if it does have 2 defence drops. You may think using substitute twice can solve this. But an intellegent player will have scouted your team and know you have a sub calm mind Jirachi, and you are left to a 50/50, do i sub or will he crunch, in which case I should Physchic. 50/50 is not reliable.

Putting thunderwave on cress can help with this as cress can take a sword dance boosted crunch. Also Rotom is not a lucario counter, a sword dance boosted crunch OHKO's rotom. Lucario is faster, rotom has no priority.

Also smeargle is not a great lead tbh, he has a niche of being able to sleep + spikes but is not reliable as taunt ruins him, forcing him to switch out, and without a focus sash as stealth rock breaks it when he comes back in, smeargle is useless. Roserade is also not great, as a lead you need something that is reliable. With your main move being 75% accurate, which you will use in pretty much every single match. This means 25% of the time, no matter what lead your against, you are going to fail. Being 5-6 from a first turn miss is not really a great tactic.

I also don't really see the need for toxic spikes? to help boah? despite the fact that Jirachi can set up on bulky waters anyway. You would be better off with an anti lead machamp tbh.

Also what ev's have you put on tyranitar. They allow you to 2hko hippowdon with ice beam. 1) smogon suggest for hippowdon to use 88 special defence ev's so this doesn't happen. 2) you don't have ice beam

It really doens't take much to OHKO scizor and forretress, allowing you to put more into attack and then you can make use of a brave nature and use parback/crunch. If you opt for fire blast you actually don't need any ev investment and you 2hko skarmory and OHKO scizor/forretress. It also allows Focus punch to hit suicune and vaporeon very hard when you have max attack and it also OHKO's blissey. A neutral focus punch has the same power as a supper effective ice punch/fire punch/thunderpunch.

132 ev's in special attack with a brave nature allows you to 2hko a standard smogon sp.def skarmory after leftovers even if it's on full health. It also 2hko's a max hp metagross with ease.

But the team puzzles me, I don't get the team objective, is it to help boah sweep? cus boah's not a sweeper? it's a wall breaker. Use DD tyranitar if you want to sweep.

Hello

First of all I suggest a Stealth Rock user. It the OU game these day it is almost an obligation to have on. Since Jirachi isn't a real counter to Lucario as well I tried to hit 2 birds with 1 stone. My suggestions will be Gliscor over Flygon. Typewise this is the best option the loss of a revenge killer doesn't really bother since Gyarados is still countered by Rotom-h and the Dragons (Who are getting really rare) are covered by Cresselia. Gliscor also makes a great pair to be used with Tyranitar as with Sand Veil activated it will be a tough one to take out. The Gliscor set I suggest is:

Gliscor @ leftovers/ jolly/ sand stream
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spe

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

Gliscor will fit this team perfectly. Stealth Rock like I said is needed. Earthquake is STAB'ed and hurts things you are weak to, Lucario, Tyranitar, Jirachi. Taunt is to prevent pokes such as Blissey to heal themselfs from Poison so you can watch their health being drained slowly but steadly. And with Roost Gliscor can keep his health up.

On Rotom-h I suggest a bulkier EV's spread, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe, as this will allow him to take more physical hits from the likes of Gyarados.

I also suggest a replacement for Jirachi. Instead of countering opposing Bulky Waters why don't you use one yourself. I suggest the standard CroCune set.

Suicune @ leftovers/ bold/ pressure
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe

- Surf
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk/ Hidden Power (electric)

On a team with Toxic Spikes support having 2 pokemon with Rest is a dangerous combination. This Suicune set doesn't fear Bulky Water at all and can set up on them. Normaly with 2 layers Toxic Spikes up this set can even beat Vaporeon and Blissey, but if you are still scared of Vaporeon Hidden Power (electric) is an option.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team.

You definitely need a Stealth Rock user. It's easily the most important move in the game.

I would suggest dropping Flygon for Gliscor, as the above user suggested. This will also give you the best SD Lucario counter in the game.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This also doubles as a decent stall breaker. With Boah and this, you'll have no trouble plowing through stall teams.

With the loss of Flygon, you now have trouble with speedy threats like Infernape and Starmie as well as Agiligross. Thus, I would change Rotom-H to the scarfed set:

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- ThunderBolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

Choice Scarf Rotom-H should be more viable now since Latias is gone, I don't think ScarfTar will be as popular as it once was.

I would also change Jirachi to the WishCM set. This is just as deadly as the SubCM set but it can also double as a cleric for your team. This is especially useful since Tyranitar's Substitutes will drain its health. This will also provide Cresselia with better recovery and provide you with an extra Gyarados check.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid
252 HP / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

The EVs let you outrun max speed Suicune so you can beat it one on one.

And finally, you can use Sleep Talk > Psychic on Cresselia now that you have Lucario covered.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

You definitely need a better lucario counter. Something over zone would help. Also, you should try stone edge eq and fire blast on ttar, i find focus punch to be more of an obstacle and provides scizors with an easy way to KO your sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)