• Pretty Annoying

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Very Annoying

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • lI'm Just Gonna Ragequit

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters
@kingdra22: Alright i'll give the set a go

@duke3528: hmmm... ok I'll definitely give Uxie a try as for replacing scizor with machamp, ill consider it

@ginganinja: Well flygon's spot is valuable as my revenge killer, but machamp makes great abuse of paralysis, so i think ill go with duke3528's suggestion for now.

How would you intend to take care of a Cursepert with your pokes? That's a nasty wall.

How about various other walls so it wouldn't just be a stallfest.

Blissey has aromatherapy which pretty much counteracts all that hard work. You could trick it, and make it annoying to use, but what if you used trick in the very beginning of the game?

Just some thoughts..

Well, i usually u-turn first with celebi for scouting reasons and when i see a cursepert i trick it and problem solved, blissey can be forked by machamp or scizor

Machamp will take out curse pert no problem but another thing i thought of would possibly consider putting body slam in there for the pokemon that can not be thunderwaved so when they switch in it would be a nice little suprise. With blissey machamp takes her out aswell and if she does switch someone is gonna get a d punch or if you play smart sub up first and play accordingly

How would a cursepert be scouted with Celebi?

Sorry for the double post but.... I want your opinions on this as it had me thinking.

Celebi makes the team even more prone to fire attacks. However it has U-Turn which can be very utile and is quite effective against many pesky types of pokemon.

Uxie is a good choice to eliminate the fire hazard but why use Psychic instead of keeping U-Turn?

Sure it's STAB but....

Also what about a Uxie with Yawn instead of ThunderWave since not all pokes can be 'Waved

I feel as though since Uxie's slow and Celebi isn't extremely fast, Taunt is gonna be a b*tch.

I always thought the most annoying team would be a strong stall team... this doesn't look very annoying and actually I played one of these teams almost exactly the same and beat it 3-0. Prediction becomes easy against teams because after a while you understand your opponents mindset switching to Lanturn whenever X pokemon switches in so you switch in your counter etc.

I think you should put something that counters gliscor, swampert, hippodown, and jolteon, because you have much thunderwave on your team, and some earthquake weakness, a shaymin would be cool, but then you will have a lot of fire weakness, a dragon will make you have a some ice weakness, so in the end i would add up a gengar or Rotom if it was me.

Lanturn takes care of hippwodon and gliscor and jolteon if he doesnt have hp grass if sothen jirachi or machamp if he puts it in togekiss can take care of him and paralize him him he puts body slam on one or both of them. The reason for psychic is for lead champs or lead apes. It is a better defense to both of them as well as other fighters.

Lead Uxie has now been deemed a failure...
Machamp is staying as well as flygon, using body slam on rachi now, gonna update the thread when I have time.

Keep the rates coming

As said by others before me, you need ways to paralyze ground types. Body Slam on Jirachi seems like the logical choice, but if you really want to annoy your opponent, Tri Attack on Togekiss can be the way to go. Without knowing which status will be inflicted on their Pokemon, your opponent will have no safe switch in (aside from ghosts). You can then alter your moveset on Togekiss to;

-Tri Attack
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere
-Roost

Shadow Ball gives you a SE attack against ghosts, which are immune to your other attacks, and has a 40% to lower the SpD of the target. Aura Sphere gives unresisted coverage and a guaranteed hit to non-ghosts. Tri Attack annoys the hell out of non-ghosts, and Roost heals off any damage and removes the ice, electric and rock weakness for a turn.

or

-Tri Attack
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball
-Roost

This set gives slightly less coverage than the previous set, but it gives you Air Slash with 60% chance of flinching your opponent. If you choose Aura Sphere, the Rotom forms will take laugh at all of your attacks and if you choose Shadow Ball, Skarmory will be the one laughing at you. But you do have other Pokemon that can take care of these two if the come up.

Alright!
First of all I see a huge Swampert weakness! Trick-Scarf Celebi is pretty decent but maybe it would be better to give it a grass type move! 90% of the time Swampert will never stay in on Celebi. The lack for grass type move really shows your weakness to Swampert. Especially a Cursepert which carries Avalanche and Earthquake! Those two moves pretty much counter your team! Cursepert usually comes with heavy EV investment in Special Defense so I won't be surprised if Air Slash from Togekiss does pathetic damage! The only leads that will ever Taunt Celebi are probably Aerodactyl and Azelf. I'm sure you can predict that and U-Turn to break their Focus Sash! A good moveset for Lead Celebi would be - Grass Knot/Leaf Storm/Seed Bomb , U-Turn, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave! 216 Speed EVs on Celebi would be better than 252. With 216 Speed EVs and a positive speed nature you'll be able to out speed a max speed Gliscor. Which is the last thing you want to out speed. But if you prefer a speed tie with level 100 base speed pokemon the go for it. In my opinion relying on speed tie isn't a great idea. Metagame already has too much thing that is based on luck! U-Turn is for breaking Focus Sash so no need worry about any attack EVs. Celebi isn't going to hurt anything with U-Turn. Put all that EVs into Special Attack or keep it in attack if you're going to use Seed Bomb over Leaf Storm. You may want to add some more into HP if you prefer it a title bit bulkier. With all those Paralyze you need something that can abuse the Hax to another level. A Machamp is the #1 pokemon that's coming to my mind. With Dynamicpunch parafusion will cause havoc on your opponent's team. Flygon is an amazing pokemon but Machamp would function better at abusing paralyze. Sub + 3 Attack Machamp will work great. It also helps you against CM Suicune. Jirachi is the one that paralyzes Ground Types? Is it a good idea to rely on a Steel Type to paralyze a Ground type? Well Change Body Slam on Jirachi to Thunder Wave. Give Togekiss Body Slam over Aura Sphere. It does help you paralyze Gliscor which Jirachi fails to do. Paralyzed Gliscor can be taken down using an Ice Beam from Lanturn. Here's another option that you may or may not want test. Just test it and see if it works. Scarf Tyranitar over Lanturn. It does add an additional Ground type weakness but it may work great for taking out Rotom. That's just a small note so try it out. It' isn't necessary!

Good Luck

Alright, then I'll try out a non scarf set i guess with leftovers instead, but do you have any suggestions on the EV's im lost there for the EV's. Yeah i have a sub + 3 attacks machamp in place of scizor, but im too lazy to update my thread, i guess i could try body slam on togekiss instead, but since aura sphere helped me with steel types and tyranitar, i'm not too sure on it but I'll try it anyways. Scarftar, hmmm.... thats a much more offensive approach to this team, but I'll try it because ghost types are a pain sometimes. Thanx for the rate.

The Smogon Analysis were created for a reason, there is no reason to be using 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe on Scizor, run 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

You may want to get celebi recover instead of u-turn. Sure, u-turn is pretty useful and can help in scouting and stuff, but i feel surviving longer is more important to me to spread more paralyse

Also, you team does not have a single phazer nor anyone carrying toxic. This is as good as telling curse tyranitar, curse swampert, curse snorlax, stockpile hippowdon, cosmic power jirachi to come and collect free win. I suggest that you give jirachi choice scarf with body slam, iron head, fire/ice punch and trick. This helps in dealing with those stat boosters a little as you can just trick the scarf onto them, but if they see what you're doing and switch to someone else to take the scarf then you're still screwed. Thus, i suggest that you use a pokemon who can use roar or whirlwind, but its really hard to decide on who to switch out for that. A possible option is to use either swampert or hippowdon as a lead, and giving them roar. although it destroys your idea of a surprise lead, its the only viable option i can think of, seeing how your other team members were all doing something in that team.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, you team does not have a single phazer nor anyone carrying toxic. This is as good as telling curse tyranitar, curse swampert, curse snorlax, stockpile hippowdon, cosmic power jirachi to come and collect free win. I suggest that you give jirachi choice scarf with body slam, iron head, fire/ice punch and trick. This helps in dealing with those stat boosters a little as you can just trick the scarf onto them, but if they see what you're doing and switch to someone else to take the scarf then you're still screwed. Thus, i suggest that you use a pokemon who can use roar or whirlwind, but its really hard to decide on who to switch out for that. A possible option is to use either swampert or hippowdon as a lead, and giving them roar. although it destroys your idea of a surprise lead, its the only viable option i can think of, seeing how your other team members were all doing something in that team.
Its worth noting that 4/5 of the pokemon you meantioned (esp Curse tar and Swampert caommonly carry rest on those sets and they are pokemon designed to be set up as the last pokemon so that they cannot be phased out. Besides,T-tar cannot beat Machamp and/or scizor, Snorx hates T-tar as well. You are not really stopping Jirachi but the set you are suggesting as a threat is vry rare and its not common enough to waste para support on the off chance its a Cosmic Power Jirachi

Its worth noting that 4/5 of the pokemon you meantioned (esp Curse tar and Swampert caommonly carry rest on those sets and they are pokemon designed to be set up as the last pokemon so that they cannot be phased out.
That still means his team can't deal with it right? And exactly because they are designed to be set up as the last pokemon, you have both trick and phaze, so that if they're not the last pokemon just keep roaring, and if they are the last pokemon trick them the scarf and its done. Toxic is just to deal with lousier stat boosters like curse cradily or stockpile hippowdon who doesn't carry rest.

Besides,T-tar cannot beat Machamp and/or scizor, Snorx hates T-tar as well. You are not really stopping Jirachi but the set you are suggesting as a threat is vry rare and its not common enough to waste para support on the off chance its a Cosmic Power Jirachi
His team don't have machamp and tyranitar. Basically without a reliable way to deal with stat boosters in the form of roar, haze, encore, taunt, trick, then the team will have a lot of problems.

He's using machamp, he's just too lazy to edit his team. He's said that like 4 times...

Machamp is the solution to 4/5 of the threats listed. Barring Hippo. If he has Grass knot on Celebi, Celebi will just destroy Hippo. Sides, Hippo is always lead, this shouldn't be a problem.

Please drop it, as Machamp has it all covered.

This team isn't as annoying as you would like to think. After all, people will easily predict a Flygon switch-in. With all those T-Wavers, Electivire is a huge pain. After one Motor Drive boost, Electivire gets 143 speed and rapes this team. Yum yum.

^ Ignore the electivire comment, nobody uses it and it still doesnt outrun Flygon after a boost.

You should use 248 HP, 252 Att, 8 Speed on Scizor, to reduce SR damage.

Machamp is the solution to 4/5 of the threats listed. Barring Hippo. If he has Grass knot on Celebi, Celebi will just destroy Hippo. Sides, Hippo is always lead, this shouldn't be a problem.
Thats only because i listed so few. There's so many stat boosters out there that can pose a potential threat to this team. For example, how is this team going to deal with CM suicune, CM cresselia, stockpile hippowdon(as mentioned before but you have yet to give any acceptable counter), cosmic power jirachi, cosmic power clefable etc.

I'm saying this out of experience, because these pokemon do appear once in a while, and if you really want a good team then you have to be ready for different threats, not just say "i hope i won't meet up with them this match". If you think it isn't a problem for you to lose once in a while because of these annoying stat boosters, then so be it, but don't tell the person posting the thread to not care about it as well, because its a genuine problem.

CM cune is taken care of by celebi and lanturn, cm cress is mauled by champ, stock hippo is pretty dead when celebi comes, cosmic power rachi is screwed by flygon, and cosmic power clef is owned by machamp. See when i think of a team, i make sure there are counters for all the pokes I have encountered in the past, so before you criticize analyze my team more carefully

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)