2010 music

So uhh, if anyone's interested, The Young Veins (Comprised of 2 former Panic! At the Disco members) has their album streaming on myspace. I'm only 2 songs in but it's pretty beatles esque, and if you liked Pretty. Odd I'm sure you'll like this.

Kids is my favorite song from 'Treats', I like really really like Sleigh Bells. Treats is a great album.

It's funny how new bands or bands that Pitchfork likes are labeled hipster garbage. By the very hipster garbage community itself <3

As an avid Hip-Hop fan, I happen to be distressed. The mainstream continues to roll with the auto-tune bandwagon. Even more disheartening is the fact that most of the rap/hip-hop songs that are coming out are seriously lacking in wordplay and creativity. Hell, all people do now is shout their name out about 17 times at the beginning of a song, accompanied by airhorns and a random DJ's name, rap for about 10 seconds, go to a 20 second chorus, and repeat the last to steps over and over again.

I guess I could feel the pain of rock fans as Lil' Wayne tries to emulate their music. I think its pure garbage.

As an avid Hip-Hop fan, I happen to be distressed. The mainstream continues to roll with the auto-tune bandwagon. Even more disheartening is the fact that most of the rap/hip-hop songs that are coming out are seriously lacking in wordplay and creativity. Hell, all people do now is shout their name out about 17 times at the beginning of a song, accompanied by airhorns and a random DJ's name, rap for about 10 seconds, go to a 20 second chorus, and repeat the last to steps over and over again.

I guess I could feel the pain of rock fans as Lil' Wayne tries to emulate their music. I think its pure garbage.
Theres still some good rap coming out, like Freeway's "The Stimulus Package". Its my third favorite CD this year. Then for mixtapes theres Curren$y's "Smokee Robinson" and Bun B's "No Mixtape". And besides The Roots are releasing a new album later this month and both Common and Kanye are making a new albums later this year.

Common and Kanye are making a new albums later this year.
I really hope that Common will not take the route of Universal Mind Control again. Here's hoping to a Finding Forever, Be, and Like Water for Chocolate inspired album.

As for Kanye, I lost all hope after 808's & Heartbreak. I know, I know, it's not a Hip-Hop album per-se, more of a R&B/singing album, but it's where the money is at.

New Roots album ftw.

New Lupe Fiasco album ftw.

I really hope that Common will not take the route of Universal Mind Control again. Here's hoping to a Finding Forever, Be, and Like Water for Chocolate inspired album.

As for Kanye, I lost all hope after 808's & Heartbreak. I know, I know, it's not a Hip-Hop album per-se, more of a R&B/singing album, but it's where the money is at.

New Roots album ftw.

eh i don't know dude, kanyes new single is worth checking out

New Roots album ftw.

Yeah Common said that he was going a more traditional route, so no more dance tracks. Kanye and No ID are supposed to be producing it and I think the Soulquarians are doing some tracks too.

Ehhh...really?

I was looking forward to some pop songs that didn't suck terribly.
Oh well....I'll wait for 2011. .-.

Eminem's Recovery leaked like A few days ago, and I keep hearing people saying its his best since TES but I haven't listened to it yet. I'll check
it out later.

I've been listening to Eminems Recovery and I like it =] Well.. half of it. I Like
No Love
Going Through Changes
Spacebound
Not Afraid
25 To Life..
And a few others. His flow is a bit repetetive in all the songs..

pookar

Banned deucer.
he said best since.. its definitely better than encore, and i never even bothered with relapse/the bonus disc but its definitely better lyrically as far as the last few shit singles hes had

soooooooooo much better than relapse

i don't know about better than the eminem show, but they are in the same ballpark, imo.

no love is so addicting.

I just watched the Lady Gaga Alejandro music video. Needless to say, it was weird as hell. Sometimes I think that her whole career is a prolonged publicity stunt. Needless to say, however, her songs are quite catchy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)