US Last Chance Qualifier - Indianapolis, IN - June 25th, 2010 - WON BY GODUDETTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if people could make a note of where they're planning to stay so that more of us could meet up. Any of you guys into Capcom fighters? I could tow along either Tatsunoko vs Capcom or SSFIV if anyone would be up for geeking out at the hotel.
you are speaking my language, good sir.

I'm staying at some random hotel that is pretty cheap. It's like 10 minutes away from the convention center by car, but I am too poor to stay somehwere closer =/

Quick note to put on the First post:
POST WHO WILL BE STAYING IN WHAT HOTEL! That way we can get a Smogon group photo, geek out, and storm the battle hall in slow motion like in Monsters Inc shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZalH9aJzu8

You know what - that actually would be pretty funny if we did that as a group!
And they way Mike Liesik is, i am sure the staff would get a kick out of it if that music was playing overhead as well.

As for hotel stay - i will be staying at the Hyatt Regency with some people who are on staff at nationals.

Me and Alaka are staying at the Holiday Inn Express (The first one). Its about ~$110 a night and it is only .2 miles from the convention center so its very close.
Ooh, I should get a room there too if I can!

Quick note to put on the First post:
POST WHO WILL BE STAYING IN WHAT HOTEL! That way we can get a Smogon group photo, geek out, and storm the battle hall in slow motion like in Monsters Inc shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZalH9aJzu8

You know what - that actually would be pretty funny if we did that as a group!
And they way Mike Liesik is, i am sure the staff would get a kick out of it if that music was playing overhead as well.

As for hotel stay - i will be staying at the Hyatt Regency with some people who are on staff at nationals.
I'll do that later tonight I guess.

I'll be staying at the Omni Hotel. It should be right next to the convention center or something like that. lol Anyone else going to be there?

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
good thing i still havent booked mine yet. gonna have to see which is the most popular then join in. but remember what huy said guy's

You should just be looking into hotels that are close to the convention center and try to find something in your price range.

I'm also planning to enter and try to qualify, anyone want to do any practice battles? VM if you want to do any

Now, it's official, I'm going. This time I will be much more prepared. I'll be redoing several of my Pokemon making some key changes as well as breeding a couple new ones. There's a good chance I will be the sole representative of the FSPL at this qualifier. Therefore I will be fully utilizing the combined efforts of the league as well as a couple friends on the side. I'm gonna be bringing the heat, I hope I don't get completely screwed.

Blades, we might be able to assemble a small FSPL team, 4 or 5 people. if you're gonna go for sure, i think i'm gonna go too. i'll be done with summer classes by then, so i can dedicate some time to making a new team/updating old team

GAHHHH... I wanna go so bad! I wanna actually get to put my own team into action.

Alas, it's too much money, I've got too much homework, and my boss is already mad at me for taking off too many workdays this summer. Represent FSPL well and kick some ass, gentlemen!

Ok guys, so with my tire getting shredded on the way to the Atlanta regional Im having money troubles. If there is anyone near SC, or North/Central Florida that would be willing to carpool to the LCQ please let me know. I can help with gas, and even If you don't mind help pay for hotel as well. If you already have your own hotel arrangements, I can take care of my own. Please message me if you can help me out at all, it would be much appreciated.

I'm staying at the Marriot because pokemon put me there. =)

I heard the Westin is a pretty good and cheap place.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm staying at the Days Inn by the airport. It's about ~5 miles away from the convention center, and it's ~$50 a night.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Six - maybe we can compile a list of names like the one in the thread for the people who already qualified? Most of us (that go on IRC anyway) already know each other's real names, but this could be beneficial for the ones that don't.

Six - maybe we can compile a list of names like the one in the thread for the people who already qualified? Most of us (that go on IRC anyway) already know each other's real names, but this could be beneficial for the ones that don't.
EDIT: Ohhh I'm nob

The thing is, their names are already out on the internet. To do the same for this thread would fall on me to track down each individual for their irl name, and tbh I don't really want to do it and I'm pretty sure a lot of people posted here wouldn't want me to do it either.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol I too, am going to Last Chance! I have not started my copy of Soul Silver yet. Think I have enough time? :)

I'll be staying at I have no fucking clue hotel as I haven't made reservations. Probably wherever the cool people are. But I'll be there, probably in a Ladybug shirt or something similarly identifying of myself. (Anyone have the "Maybe Someday" image?)

Random question: Is scouting allowed? If so I want to set up a Smogon scouting collaboration: Have people share info on all the teams :D

My boss is trying to give me the "Vacation in August (Hawaii) or end of the month (Nationals) - Take your pick"

I am trying to talk to him about the situation.

lol I too, am going to Last Chance! I have not started my copy of Soul Silver yet. Think I have enough time? :)

I'll be staying at I have no fucking clue hotel as I haven't made reservations. Probably wherever the cool people are. But I'll be there, probably in a Ladybug shirt or something similarly identifying of myself. (Anyone have the "Maybe Someday" image?)

Random question: Is scouting allowed? If so I want to set up a Smogon scouting collaboration: Have people share info on all the teams :D
No offense, but that would be pretty obnoxious to go to a tournament where people were passing out your team info at will to your future competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)