US Regional Qualifier - Newark, NJ, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY TTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my entire team ready with the moves I want them to have, level 50+ and EV trained! All I need to do now is to get some PP Maxes.

Man cant believe its tomorrow! I have good news and bad news for Falcons out there. I was only able to get 3 t shirts (for me TDS and dragonfe) but i will be printing out Falcon logos for other players to pin onto there shirts! So just be on the lookout for me TDS or dragonfe tomorrow and we'll get you a logo so you can represent!

Well I'm just about finishing my team up. I still can't believe its tomorrow guys, but anyways good luck to everyone who will be at newark tomorrow. I'll be the brown kid with a shadow lugia plush in his back pocket =]

Just booked into a hotel nearby the event center. Gotta finish my team and get everything settled, then some friends and I are hittin' the town for a bit.

Huzzah

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just noticed the attendance list on page 1 hasn't been updated since May 10. Oh well, tomorrow will be the day as for those that have not seen us before, we're in the album topic. I'm about 6'4" with salt-n-pepper hair and a goatee at least.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
good luck to all the competitors. Rooting for EE personally, since I'd like to see another father-son final match.

I wish everyone luck tomorrow I can already sense the tension. Guess I'm not wearing my triforce shirt after all because I cant find it. >_< lol

To think that this is finally here is unbelievable :)

(I've posted this >9000 times but anyways) I'm going to be with my younger brother the whole time, I'll have a Blue North Face Backpack, the 2008 Worlds VGC hat with the 09 Pin, etc... and a abercrombie button down...

I won't be able to sleep tonight.xD Its so exciting even though I'm not entering the Tournament. I haven't meet anyone in Jersey who takes Pokemon seriously other than my friend(who's not going because he rather see half naked cosplayers at AnimeNext next week). I'm gonna be wearing my Bruce Lee shirt and I think camo pants.I posted what I look like in the album thread.
I'm gonna take along my 6 Pokemon team just in case I meet anyone who wants a casual battle.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So far the t-shirt I intend to wear for tomorrow has a cartoon lobster with running shoes unless my wife forces me to wear something else. While I don't have twitter nor anything much other than a camera, I will intend to take lots of notes as I tend to forget things easily.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I will be there between 9-10:30, and I'll be wearing a pokerstars shirt and hat.

I'm just attending to battle some random people. I can't participate because sadly my game has been tampered with simple AR codes like "IV/EV checker" or "fast egg hatch."

Also just to confirm for anyone who's coming from NYC,
starting from Port Authority, board to bus #190 towards Paterson via Union City. Then arrive at Paterson Plank RD. & RT. 3 Entry Ramp. Walk 0.28 mile North to Meadowlands Exhibition Center.

-Walk 1 block to Harmon Meadow Blvd.
-Walk straight on Plaza DR.
-Walk 2 blocks on Plaza DR.

Or simply tell me if this is the right bus. Thanks

I'm just attending to battle some random people. I can't participate because sadly my game has been tampered with simple AR codes like "IV/EV checker" or "fast egg hatch."
I don't think this prohibits you from participating so long as the Pokemon on your team sheet are legit. The wording in the rules are rather specific about this, I think.

Hell, I read some thread on Gamefacks where some douche said he got away with using over-EV'd Pokemon through the prelims and tossing them out for legit ones before the mandatory hack check in the finals. Be on the lookout for this sort of crap and don't be embarrassed to call for hack checks.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

starting from Port Authority, board to bus #190 towards Paterson via Union City. Then arrive at Paterson Plank RD. & RT. 3 Entry Ramp. Walk 0.28 mile North to Meadowlands Exhibition Center.

Just before you first match, ask for a hack check on your cart maybe? Don't see any reason not to try.

I'll be in a blue sonic the hedgehog shirt. lol

IV/EV check won't make a difference. It doesn't tamper your Pokemon directly at all, so they remain legit, as someone already said.

Same goes for fast egg hatch.

Well, finally got my team ready and everything's all planned out for tomorrow. Yay I get to take a bus in less than 5 hours lol
I'm just attending to battle some random people. I can't participate because sadly my game has been tampered with simple AR codes like &quot;IV/EV checker&quot; or &quot;fast egg hatch.&quot;

I'm taking a bus to NY (from Philly) but from there I'm taking a different route. The ME Center's website said to take the NJ Transit #320 from Port Authority right to the venue so that's what I'm doing.

Chalkey and I just got into Newark and are staying with a friend of his. We'll be there with his friend Joey bright and early tomorrow morning.

I wish that I would've arranged something more to meet up with some of you but I was swamped with school this week. If you want to set something up, send me a PM and I'll send you my phone number in the morning (or just check my Facebook profile for my number, if you want). I'm definitely looking forward to meeting all of you (and some of you again, Carl!). I'll be wearing a white Ducks shirt, for those who just want to pick me out of the crowd.

Looks like I get to go after all.

I'll be getting to the "Secaucus Junction Station" at like 11:45, which is kind of late but meh.. I have too much Pokemon stuff to do, since I just found out I was going a matter of hours ago.. I will need SOME sleep. =)

Anyway, if somebody wants to be awesome and pick me up from the station, shoot me a PM. It's on/near Route 95, about 10 minutes south.

For the lot of you, I will be wearing my Red or Blue Hawaiian Shirt, have my Wolrds 09 bag and likely the matching hat.

Oh, here's a pic of me... Shoutout to TTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)