Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
R S E FR LG said:
Rodan. said:
R S E FR LG said:
Are you going to wait 4 whole weeks, because I don't think it should take that long and I'm already done so I'm bored. Anyways, just wondering.
this is a big week

also i totally forgot about it

tell Alchemator he can have full control of the wsc for me
I'm just doing what he said. I swear I didn't make this up or anything and the quote is EXACT.
Polling thread for this week will be up ASAP, and the new week will start tonight.

I will give all entrants who have not yet completed all four sprites until 8:00p.m. GMT+0 tonight to complete their entries.

It's a dormant Registeel (like how the Regigigas had been sleeping for a long time). One of its Pokedex entries says it's steel can stretch, so I thought that when it was sleeping, it's metal can stretch on its body to only let its eyes be uncovered.

Is this legal because it's not really a "statue"? I mean, your example seemed so simple, with just the Wurmple's eyes closed, so I didn't know if we could also do simple statues with a hope of winning, so I did this. Please tell me if this is not allowed.

Also, can people please tell me whether the sprite is good or not? As in, does it have a chance for top 5?

EDIT: It's supposed to be covered in rock, hence the non-shinyiness. I think it's some weird fusion between a dormant Registeel and a statue. Let's just call it a statue of a dormant Registeel. ?:-|

The material was from shiny Magnezone, if you know what I mean *wink*wink*
That's cruel :-(. Magnezone is cool.

lol rhyme

EDIT2: That's it. I lose. I gotta start over. -_-

EDIT-Z: Okay, I know what it is. Since it's sleeping, its steel stretched and then it turned to rock while its sleeping to use less energy or something.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HEY I CAN SPRITE TOO

The monument stands in tribute to the trainer who possessed the strength to defeat the tyrannical Elite Four and take his place as the just and rightful Champion of the lands. Let none forget the sacrifice of those brave Pokemon who fainted upon that battlefield.

Notes:

• Meant to be one of those old-school bronze equestrian statues.
  • Dithering used in all major color transitions to emphasize the "rough metallic" look of the statue.
  • Outlining added to the flames, since they are meant to be solid forms rather than just flames trailing off of Rapidash.
  • The trainer is a fusion of the upper body and waist of the Male Trainer from the fourth gen, but his leg is that of the Scientist trainer, since I needed a form with a bent leg for "the rider".
  • I tweaked the upper flame coming off of Rapidash's mane, since it was obscuring the Trainer's face before.
  • Thank god that the trainer and Rapidash fit exactly in the 80 pixel height restriction.
EDIT: Tweaked the sprite slightly. Cartoons! noticed that the pant leg was too bright, and was taking focus away from the face, so I lightened the face up and darkened said pant leg.

I have always been loyal to the Fighting Dojo in Saffrn City
The leader though loves to gloat, and when they beat the Psychic gym, using ScarfChamp/Payback, and Sucker Punch
They put 2 statues of pokemon, made from steel and gold, from the rarest of Shiny Magnezone:

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

The material was from shiny Magnezone, if you know what I mean *wink*wink*

Inb4 this:
I was going to do something like that, except I was going to remove the moss, then the stripes, then I thought it was too complicated for me to do, so then I did Registeel. BTW, somebody PLEASE comment on it and tell me whether I'll have to start over or not.

Hachikō was a dog remembered for his loyalty to his owner, even many years after his owner died.

Hachikō was given away after his master's death, but he routinely escaped, showing up again and again at his old home. Eventually, Hachikō apparently realized that his owner no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachikō waited for him to return. And each day he did not see his friend among the commuters at the station.

This continued for nine years, with Hachikō appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.

After Hachikō's death, a bronze statue was built at the train station.

My attempt at a bronze Growlithe.

The Colossus of Olivine, one of the Seven Wonders of the Pokeworld.

It was constructed in celebration of the victory over the Kanto Dynasty in the Siege of Olivine. Each of the its feet stood on a pedestal over the harbor, and the Colossus watched over Olivine, both the land and the sea. The celebration was short-lived, however. The Johto Empire pissed off a Garchomp shortly after the Colossus's completion, and all of Olivine, statue included, was leveled by an Earthquake.

This is what it looked like pre-'Chomp, though. Post-'Chomp wouldn't be too interesting to observe.

Also, hai guyz. :toast:

Here is a cool statue I made. It was a good idea because this is a plastic model so it can be a lot of colors. I thought Golem is a good choice for a statue because he is made from rocks. To make him seem more cool I made him have a surfboard.

Mine probably isn't as good as some of the statues here but this is my first time spriting ever and I joined because this contest looks cool. Please give me constructive criticism if you think I can improve =]

EDIT: I have read jumpluff's advice to ~Yadoking~ about how to make the sprite transparent and have done that. Also R S E FR LG has pmed me some advice and articles to help me improve. Thank you both for being so helpful and I will practice to get better.

You need to use the fill bucket in Paint to make the bit you want to make transparent lime green or some other colour that isn't used in the sprite, then make that transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)