Official E3 2010 Topic

"Confirmed" Zelda Wii rumors:

• Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda". There will be no subtitle.
  • The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time.It also answers the question of how the Mastersword came into being.
  • The fairy-like girl plays is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
  • The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from WW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
  • Sometimes you have to "draw" a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.
  • The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
  • There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn't want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies tougher.
  • The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The "Dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the frist "Dungeon" in the Game.
Most of these sound cool except ... Zordiana!?!?! What the fuck... sounds like a terrible fanfic character.

source

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Microsoft Natal Event now in progress. No streams. I think it's emargoed until Tuesday.

USA today seems to have leaked info,it appears to be called the Kinect
Here
It looks very casual, like a wii component for an xbox

"Confirmed" Zelda Wii rumors:

Most of these sound cool except ... Zordiana!?!?! What the fuck... sounds like a terrible fanfic character.

source
I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't gone with a subtitle...it feels like a bit of a cop-out to me, unless the 'confirmed' rumour is just to cover up the real title? A bit of a long shot, I know...

Hopefully they'll announce a release date!

They went from calling it the Natal to the Kinect? Dammit, Natal sounded so much cooler even if it didn't mean as much. It's almost as bad as when the went from the Nintendo revolution to the Wii. Regardless, some of the Kinect's games should be fun, it seems. The racing game sounded pretty ingenious to me. :D

Also, "longshot" hee hee, just some Zelda Ocarina of Time humor.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nothing is confirmed for Zelda. Those are rumours. Rumours I believe are false, but we'll find out tomorrow.

Renaming Revolution to Wii was one of the best moves Nintendo made.

Microsoft event starting in 45 mins.

However Wii is good because it appeals to the casual, iPod owner, anti-nerd customer; Kinect on the other hand is the exact opposite. It sounds even more hardcore than Natal.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I made a boo-boo. SPIKE TV will be airing Microsoft's conference. Or how it looks.

Terribly bad conference, fortunately enough MGS Rising and to a lesser degree CoD Black Ops were there; also, fuck you Microsoft you do not randomly offer so many consoles to the PRESS while giving the finger to everyone else FUCK :<

The Conference was just ok, tbh.

Metal Gear Solid Rising, Gears 3, Halo Reach, 360 Slim. That's the press conference.

I don't know why they decided to release the 360 Slim this far into the generation. Nobody is going to buy it, because they've already hit there sales stride and they won't be getting the sales they were hoping to get. The ones they saw from the Playstation 3 Slim.

Firestorm

The Conference was just ok, tbh./QUOTE]
Thats putting it a lot kinder than I would.

That was an atrocious conference. Not a single new game was announced. It was like watching Nintendo's E3 2008 conference all over again. Then at the end, they bribe the fucking audience (filled with press) with free Xbox 360 Slims. Great.

Thats putting it a lot kinder than I would. That was an atrocious conference. Not a single new game was announced. It was like watching Nintendo's E3 2008 conference all over again. Then at the end, they bribe the fucking audience (filled with press) with free Xbox 360 Slims. Great.
Agreed. The first portion of Natal/Kinect was interesting, but then they went into their shitty ass games. I mean the most tolerable thing was the adorable girl playing with her pet Tiger "Sprinkles", but even that was partially annoying.

i swear some people are never pleased by anything. alot of the kinect stuff looked surprisingly interesting (i thought that adventures game looked pretty fun) and mgs rising was pretty huge (though i dont care for mgs). also the slim announcement at the end was awesome. if i hadnt just bought a ps3 slim this is pretty much what i would have needed to buy an xbox, and im sure theres plenty of people in the same boat as me.

and waiting one week is "giving the finger to everyone else", complaining about the rumoured lack of subtitle on a zelda game, complaining about the name of kinect, complaining about the name of some zelda character

you guys so crazy

Offering a 360 to the guys in the audience while the conference is broadcasted everywhere in the world and on Times Square, saying 'here you go, you lucky attendees, your free new 360 - don't worry, everyone else can buy it at the full price so it's alright for us' is giving the finger, yes.

And sure, many people were hoping for exactly this kind of things, on-rails shooters with limited and ridiculous-looking interaction, the marketing team studied the case don't worry about it!

This has been lackluster so far, I hope Ubisoft or Nintendo/Sony announce something we didn't already know and wow us.

Firestorm

i swear some people are never pleased by anything. alot of the kinect stuff looked surprisingly interesting (i thought that adventures game looked pretty fun) and mgs rising was pretty huge (though i dont care for mgs). also the slim announcement at the end was awesome. if i hadnt just bought a ps3 slim this is pretty much what i would have needed to buy an xbox, and im sure theres plenty of people in the same boat as me.

and waiting one week is "giving the finger to everyone else", complaining about the rumoured lack of subtitle on a zelda game, complaining about the name of kinect, complaining about the name of some zelda character

you guys so crazy
They didn't show a single unannounced game aside from a partnership with Crytek for what looked like a pretty bland action-title. Everything else had been announced earlier. Most of the titles demoed for 10 minutes at a time were sequels that played exactly the same as their predecessors. Microsoft held their Kinect event yesterday and I thought the point was so they didn't do it all during their conference. Instead, we got like half an hour of boring Kinect demos that we'd already heard about yesterday. Not to mention none of that Kinect stuff looked remotely interesting to play.

Second paragraph I agree. Although bribing the audience period is just mindboggling. THIS IS NOT OPRAH. This is a fucking PRESS conference. You do not give free gifts to the press. Jesus. I hope anyone who accepted that and isn't giving it away to their readers are put on some list somewhere so I know not to read anything they write ever again.

Any possibility on super smash bros 4???
or is it too early?
Of course not. You already got one this generation. Check again a year or two into the next system.

I had a feeling Microsoft press conference wouldn't be that great, and it seems like I was right. But yeah, I agree with you guys; giving slims XBox 360? What the hell, seriously. I'm looking forward to Nintendo and Sony's press conferences, I hope I won't be disappointed.

Firestorm

Ok Ubisoft delivered. I was waiting to see if they could match the terrible, terrible, hoooly shit what is going ON they did last year. I think they did a pretty good job of confusing the fuck out of the audience between Shaun White Skateboarding on Acid, Laser Tag in your living room, and "Hey look it's the demo we already saw at Microsoft but oh looks like they'll do it all over again". After that they delivered with motherfucking RAYMAN and Trackmania news. And just to end it all off, they got batshit insane again and do a Michael Jackson number.

I'm still crying about no Beyond Good & Evil 2 though ;_;

Space combat in Halo Reach...what do you guys think?

I think it could be pretty entertaining if they do it right and don't make it too much of a gimmick. So far Bungie has done pretty well with their vehicle sequences, so if they follow previous trends, they should be able to pull it off.

Ubisoft did a great job.
EA delivered, would have been perfect if it wasn't for that boring EA Sports section.

And yea...I was being nice....
There are utterly crappy years for every system.

Sony 2006
Nintendo 2008
Microsoft 2010

I wonder how Sony will do though, they've already announced quite a big list of games before E3. They better have something amazing up their sleeves.

And Nintendo better make the Zelda game for Wii, AND NOT A DS GAME.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)