WSC Megathread & Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basically, a Fusion entails lifting things directly from one sprite and attaching them to another. If you scratch it, it's technically not a fusion.

Also, a "disguise" cannot include actual alteration of body shape or form. For example: Sudowoodo's head becoming detached from its body is unacceptable because it's not possible for that to be done through a simple "disguise" of the original Pokemon. Generally a disguise means you take the form of Pokemon 1 and attach the markings of Pokemon 2 such that Pokemon 1 is "disguised" as Pokemon 2.

The modification to the eye of Garchomp in mine is kosher because it was scratched using the eye of Flygon as the base (you'll note that Garchomp's eye is smaller, and I *never* resize sprites), and you can imagine it being worn like a pair of glasses.

I'm sick and tired and my life is full of pain and misery right now, so here's this thing -- I don't want to work on it anymore...

He's pretty Fly for a white guy.

Oh god may this be eligible hahaha
Masquerain to Spiritomb:

and is there some sort of reference guide to the terminologies? ("fusion" and "sketched" and such?) XP

Gawd, I think that this is the first time I've worked with 80 pixels in seven months, if not more.

But yeah, I'm entering a WSC. *Gasp!* Yeah, amazing, right? Well, hopefully this won't be the last one, at least for awhile, since these are some truly great quickie-distractions. +)

So here's my Disguise, which, funnily enough, would work extremely well in a retyping contest. Behold, Wormadam!

Enjoy!

Btw, what ever happened to me being a judge?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

Yes, I AM a caterpie. The nostril thing is to launch string shot further. The Fin is to stop attackers. STOP ASKING QUESTIONS ALREADY!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whipped this up quickly just so I can enter :P

A reminder that this WSC ends tonight at 20:00 GMT + 0

Also, apologies for the polls not going up yet, some of the judges have had exams and have thus been unable to submit their verdicts.

Alchemator

Something someone might find vaguely interesting.

Milestones
- Rodan takes over at the end of WSC #12
- Alchemator takes over at the end of WSC #40

Alchemator

I know it's just an idea, but note that since that Snorlax's canvas is larger than 80x80 it is illegal. Just saying :P Also gives me a good excuse to post my crude example sprite.

But note that I [and the others judges] favour creativity!

Yeah I knew the Snorlax thing wasnt legal but it was just for fun.

Btw, great idea Jarardo!

EDIT:

While this sprite may seem funny to most people, this is actually a public shout against children obesity, which is a terrible plague in the USA, but also everywhere in the world. Stand with me against it!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Have you resized that? Never resize (But at least you saved as PNG ^_^)
If it is the uploader, make sure there is no 'Resize to...' box or alternative selected.

Happy Fourth-of-July-before-July's-even-begun, everyone!

Chimecho flag. Scratched entirely (alright I admit to lifting the eyes), colors coming from Chimecho and Windows Vista's natural paint palette.

I decided to get my spriting skills back in shape, and have thus begun my first major scratching operation since WSC #30 (I would have won by default [my entry is my current avatar], but then Rodan canceled it...seriin I meant my sub-theme since my opponent hadn't entered anything. Guess I should have made that clearer.)

EDIT: Actually, I think the spike MAY have had something to do with the Smog article and slightly more accessible themes...made a slight shading/outline touchup, added cheek color to Chimecho's face.

Like Tortferngatr I too haven't entered a WSC since the cancelled #30 (though I don't agree that he would have won the whole thing :P)

However, I could not let this atrocity of a theme week go by without my input. American Pride? Forget about us, eh? Our day is around this time of year too.. in fact, it is today. So, for all the Canadian Smogonites, Happy Canada Day!

EDIT: That previous "eh?" was not done to be ironic.. some stereotypes are actually true. The "eh?", for me at least, is very true. "Aboot" however, is not. No one says aboot unless being sarcastic.

Little known fact: Benjamin Franklin once argued that an Ekans was the perfect symbol of the American Spirit. And that whole flying a kite during a thunderstorm thing? He was summoning Raikou.

Alchemator

Also, apologies for the polls not going up yet, some of the judges have had exams and have thus been unable to submit their verdicts.
When will the poll for week 41 and 42 come?
Please pay attention. If you check my profile you'll see that Black Buddha has unfortunately had to pull out for this week. I'm currently hounding a substitute MONSIEUR SDS

I'm as annoyed as you are, I'll get the polls up as soon as humanly possible (next time I'll threaten inactive judges with a gun. A Remoraid gun!).

Also note Beergle, that entry is illegal due to it surpassing the size restriction. I recommend you read the articles linked in the post for this week's WSC.

I'm loving all of the entries so far, keep it up guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)