Nats Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello all, I’m JRank and I competed at the VGC Nationals this past weekend. Here’s my warstory. I don’t remember all that much, so don’t be too hard on me.

Friday, June 25

Driving day. Ugh! It took us 12 hours to get to Indy. While the LCQ was happening, I was riding. I finished up my team and traded them to HeartGold at the hotel. (Thank the lord for my sister’s DS)

Saturday, June 26
Game day. I was so nervous before this started. Got up, showered, choked down a few Froot Loops, and headed for the convention center. I got there, got registered, (we got some awesome t-shirts) and waited for 8:30. I knew a lot of people there, but I was too scared to say anything. I had to pee a whole lot and wound up following OmegaDonut into the bathroom a couple of times. He probably thought I was stalking him, lol. Anyway, I thought I was going to puke. Right before they listed the pairings, I saw all the Ducks standing in a group. I thought I heard them say something about a backpack and my face heated up. I was afraid I wouldn’t talk to anyone this entire tournament. I eventually talked to some people, dtrain was the first to come up to me, and he’s real nice. But now my team:

Weavile @ Sash
Jolly
252 atk/252 spe/6 def
Fake Out
Taunt
Low Kick
Ice Shard

"makiri" Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Adamant
255 atk/205 HP/50 Spe
FO
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Detect

ScarfOgre-I feel no need to explain this

Giratina @ Lum berry/Sitrus berry
Lonely
252 atk/252 spe
Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw
Shadow Force
Shadow Sneak

Abomasnow @ Lum berry/Sitrus berry
Quiet
252 HP/252 Sp.A
Grass Knot
Protect
Blizzard

And now the battles:
Round 1-vs BadIntent
I don’t remember much about this, just that he had a 3-2 edge and then he pulled out Blissey it was game over.
Loss 3-0
My record: 0-1

Round 2-vs some guy who didn’t go on Smogon
I recall he lead with Palkia-Kangshkan, and it was closer than it should have been, due to me thinking it was a TR team and Taunting Palkia turn one. It came down to his ScarfOgre locked into Surf vs my full health Palkia. Guess who won.
Win 1-0
My record: 1-1

Round 3-vs Ninahaza
I really don’t remember much early-game, but it was down to my full health Palkia and ScarfOgre locked into Blizzard vs his 1HP Ogre and my bane. He had Blissey, and was able to stall me out. I hate that pink blob now. This match took almost the full 20 minutes.
Loss 1-0
My record: 1-2

Round 4-vs Imperfectluck
When he told me who he was, I about peed myself, lol. He used this weird team, Wobuffet-Jynx-Lugia-and I don’t remember the other one. I was glad I had Taunt now, as I stopped Wobuffet from screwing me over. He had a bad team matchup, I just dominated from turn one, if I do say so myself. I thought he was gonna pull it out when Lugia started using Double Team, but I got a Taunt off and then it was gg. IPL saved us some time, though, and ran when he knew it was over, thanks for doing that.
Win 3-0
My record: 2-2

Round 5-vs dtrain
I am ashamed of myself. I lost to TopOgre. I knew his team down to the EVs, and he still beat me. I hardly remember anything about this, though, just that he used a zerowing clone and I faceplanted. TopOgre is just too good.
Loss 2-0? (help me out dtrain)
My record: 2-3

Round 6-vs Kenneth
He said he had an account (on Smogon), but he didn’t use it much. He was running RainRoom with a mono-water team. I stopped him from setting up TR, though. He had Kyogre/Lapras/Swampert/Palkia. I barely remember anything about this but his team, sorry.
Win 2-0
My record: 3-3

Round 7-vs jgiles
Now I had to play the winner of the very same event I was at. This was an epic match. I saved it on battle recorder so I know what happened. I’ll edit it more later, as I’m at a good point to upload this while I’m on the road. I will finish this later.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, I think you did this in Microsoft Word. Never copy paste from Microsoft Word directly into a WYSIWYG editor. Copy your text into Notepad from Word, then edit your post and copy from Notepad into Smogon. Or click the small "A/A" icon and paste it as plain text.

JRank

Jonny
Ok, thanks.

Edit: When I tried to edit this, it looked like it worked like you told me, Firestorm, but I posted it and it went back to word font.

Edit 2: Fixed!

Were you the kid with the weavile plushie? I was very tempted to ask if I could hug it but that would be weird >.>

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey Jrank I just wanted to let you know that I was only impressed by 2 of the 7 people I faced at nationals and you were one of them, you are so young and yet skilled. I can see you being a dominant competitor just a few years down the road. Keep it up and we will be avoiding you in the future when it's vgc time and I mean that

JRank

Jonny
Hey Jrank I just wanted to let you know that I was only impressed by 2 of the 7 people I faced at nationals and you were one of them, you are so young and yet skilled. I can see you being a dominant competitor just a few years down the road. Keep it up and we will be avoiding you in the future when it's vgc time and I mean that
Thanks, man, that means a lot to me, it really does.

@ PocketCat
Yea, that was me, I think we even talked some. (Light Ball Pikachu FTW)

Hey man by the backpack kid do you happen to be an asian of sorta medium height who also wore (I think) and ash ketchum hat? If so I gotta say whats up next time because I remember seeing you I think in either Nats or Nashville last year as well. I'm kind of new to these forums so I'm trying to meet a few people so I'm not a loner next year. =P

Round 5-vs dtrain
I am ashamed of myself. I lost to TopOgre. I knew his team down to the EVs, and he still beat me. I hardly remember anything about this, though, just that he used a zerowing clone and I faceplanted. TopOgre is just too good.
Loss 2-0? (help me out dtrain)
My record: 2-3
You don't make any sense. How do you know my team. Did you hack into my game and and found out my exact evs and Ivs, down to my attacks, move sets items and even my nicknames?!?
Don't hate the team, hate the player. Plenty of people can easily use a "zerowing team" as you might want to call it but can't comprehend how to use it. And for your information, just because Zerowing was the first to use it, doesn't mean he came up with it. The Ducks came up with it, yes that includes myself as well. Its to bad I wasn't in Seattle with everyone or else I might have top 16 as well and then you might even call it a dtrain team. Get it?

Anyways about the match, I actually don't remember myself. I did some basic predictions and came out on top. I don't think there was any hax in the game though (correct me if I'm wrong). Both trainers fought hard.

It was nice meeting you. Maybe you won' be ashamed battling me when we face each other in the future.

AlphaOmega

VGC 2009 Juniors Champion
You don't make any sense. How do you know my team. Did you hack into my game and and found out my exact evs and Ivs, down to my attacks, move sets items and even my nicknames?!?
Don't hate the team, hate the player. Plenty of people can easily use a "zerowing team" as you might want to call it but can't comprehend how to use it. And for your information, just because Zerowing was the first to use it, doesn't mean he came up with it. The Ducks came up with it, yes that includes myself as well. Its to bad I wasn't in Seattle with everyone or else I might have top 16 as well and then you might even call it a dtrain team. Get it?

Anyways about the match, I actually don't remember myself. I did some basic predictions and came out on top. I don't think there was any hax in the game though (correct me if I'm wrong). Both trainers fought hard.

It was nice meeting you. Maybe you won' be ashamed battling me when we face each other in the future.
Please don't tell me you're Dan who I met at Worlds/Nats.

Everyone whos serious knows about zerowings team. A friend of mine here wanted stuff so he could try it out. It's safe to say Jrank either knew your ivs, or was very close to them. And he saw your pokes so he knew. Everyone gives credit to zerowing and it is staying that way.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
JRank I wanted to say HI to you but you're so little and boyish that I felt like it would be creepy of me to hug you. yep

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i was the brunette either wearing a blue ducks shirt, or my purple smogon shirt!

Hm alright now I know who you two look like but it still wasnt Cybertron as well. I'm not sure if he's a Smogon member but he wore mainly red with a red hat (probably the Ash one) and I think a black backpack? Eh oh well haha.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Did the red shirt have a black M on it? If so, that's Chalkey from Team Magma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)