Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Im kinda new to this Sub Forum, and a tad bit intimidated to post a thread just to get a critique, so could some of you guys tell me what you think? Just got bored today and played around on photoshop. Its a bit large, but I think it turned out quite well.

Various other Projects:

I was wondering, in the Kyogre banner, how did you achieve that flow? Is that simply a smudge effect or something else?
It looks like he used a splatter brush on a new layer, created another layer and apply imaged, then created a clipping mask from the newest layer. Mess around with it, it's real fun :)

I was wondering if anyone could make me a lucario avatar. I don't really care about the details but if it could have my name, it would be awesome :)

Can somebody get rid of the white background on this? But before you do that, can you tell me if it's worth getting rid of the background on? I think it's kind of cool and I just whipped it out on Paint, but does anybody else think it looks okay? Any suggestions for improving it?

Can somebody get rid of the white background on this? But before you do that, can you tell me if it's worth getting rid of the background on? I think it's kind of cool and I just whipped it out on Paint, but does anybody else think it looks okay? Any suggestions for improving it?
I think it looks brilliant, XD I didn't notice the masterball until Ericcc posted.

Thanks Hitmonlee and extra thanks Ericcc. I figured it was a cool idea, and I had to find a beginning to my spriting some place

Oh and

I made this Tangrowth...I suppose it could be shrunken into an avatar, but I really just needed an opinion =P

Note: It has the white cause Flickr no longer has transparent, it seems...T-T

God I love how you sigs just seem to flow so well. I try to get that effect, but never can get it to really blend well with the subject, it just stands out too much.

Here's some examples of my work (newest to oldest I think):

Haven't worked in photoshop for 2 years. I got CS5 and have decided to go back working on it.

I was wondering, in the Kyogre banner, how did you achieve that flow? Is that simply a smudge effect or something else?
In the bear banner, can you link the render?

Could I have someone make a Wooper avatar? I don't want anything completely special, but I would appreciate having an avatar other than this computer generated one. Please don't go out of your way. Please just do this if you feel like it.

Hey if possible can I have someone make an Infernape avatar, except can he have Black Fur instead of white and be purple with pure white flames on his head? Also if possible can I have my name on the picture. Please and thank you!

Also I'm looking for a Bleach Signature, it needs Ichigo but I need him to be in the Fur Jacket from the First Opening of Bleach. I have a link and the time at which you can see him in the jacket:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=397493408959791368#
00:13
If anyone could do this for me it would mean a lot, thank you!

My first Pokemon sprite - a Heatran with Skarmory's colors.

Furret with Bayleef's colors.

Beauti...tox?

A random fusion.

I've also been experimenting with adding Combee's face to different Pokemon.

After seeing this thread I was inspired to try this thing. Here's my attempts so far, first attempt to last. Criticism?

Houndoom + Gorebyss (tail) + Cyndaquil (fire)

Rayquaza + Wailord The part where they connect on Wailord feels....incomplete.

Poliwhirl + Deoxys

I guess I asked for kinda of lot last time, how about we focus on less now. Can anyone please make a 2 overworld sprites and a battle sprite of may and Brenden from emerald?

Here are some example sprites to use for a base. Please remember to use a max color of 16 per pallet, including the background color.

overworld:

battle:

Not too experienced in sigs, but here's what I've done so far. I've never actually learned how to make them or done tutorials are something, it's all just fiddling around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)