i love you guys - nats 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

rory

T^T
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Really this is just going to consist of two parts. First I'll go over the weekend's mons for me, then I'll do some shoutouts (which people who weren't there will not find entertaining I'm sure).

I was already qualified for nats so I'll start with the rounds of swiss. I ran topogre again.

Round 1: I wouldn't describe this battle as close or good but there was an amazing moment when my opponent's lapras killed his own kyogre with a crit surf.

record: 1-0

Round 2: Got paired up against Fish r2 :( At one point we both protected twice in a row. Mine worked and his didn't.

record: 2-0

Round 3: Duy this time. This match had a ton of switches and was pretty good, I wish it had been recorded in some way. It pretty much came down to lots of weather control.

record: 3-0

Round 4: Went against Patel who was running smeargle/dialga trickroom. He got trickroom up (obviously) and slaughtered my mons.

record: 3-1

Round 5: Match vs BlueCookies. I spammed water spout until it ran out of pp, then switched out kyogre. at the end it was my kyogre + abomasnow vs his tyranitar. He outsped and KOed abomasnow and kyogre couldn't touch abomasnow with no more water spout pp :( he won by 1 pp.

record 3-2

Round 6: Match vs imawario. Not really much to say here. Props man for using cool mons like feralligatr.

record: 4-2

Round 7: Probably my best match all weekend vs skarm. It came down to my kyogre vs his palkia. Earlier in the match kyogre had thundered his palkia for over 50% so I thought I had this. Rolled min damage and he got the win..............

record 4-3

I ended up being the only 4-3 to make top 16 where I lost to BadIntent using sixonesix's team (which was very good, props man). gg

SHOUTS

tad: best moment of the trip was when you read i had got into top 16 and you yelled and bulldozed me

chaos: putting my shoes on and leaving bye

dm: you didn't exactly help me out for top 16.......

skarm: doin canadia proud now help out our spl team also thanks for the nicknames

fishy: sleeps at inopportune times e_e

go fish

indie evan: hella rad

tay: punches waitresses

ninahaza: has a ninja laptop

huy: we are the best teambuilders ever

duy: you hella helped too bro

et: pitas and power outages good shit

andrea: i think i look pretty good with your purse

synre: i thought it was upsetting that that clear drink tasted like root beer as well

dubs: we go on good adventures

arti: EarlGray64

dtrain: loved meeting you man

alaka: congrats hero

badintent: sucks about pokemon in round of 8 gl at worlds

616: we had some great matches saturday night

tts: currently owes $2.25

kong: wishing you got freezehax on deagle again so bad would have loved to see you go to worlds

omega d: you're a straight up hax magnet

mingot: expected 2 yorkies, got 0

tyler: bs hax at tcg

deagle: pitas and power outages good shit

I think that's everyone that I deeply love (+1 extra). I feel like I got a critical hit this whole weekend.

Looking forward to next year.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
lowvvvv lowvvvv lowvvvvv i want your lowvvvvv

this weekend was in the top percentage of all weekends, for real

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hey rory, you made the weekend super fun bro. i as well cannot wait till next year, also sorry that dubulous and i made you wait downstairs the marriot so long before we went looking for milk HAHA

rory

T^T
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah i found it kong it was under the couch cushion

and it's all good ninahaza the milk went to good use ;)

you are adorable rory come to nats next year so we can chill again ok

we can book more time in town next year so that you can drink copious amounts of beverages AFTER you play this time...

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
oh dude seriously, everyone needs to stay for like a week next year.
tgi fridays every day??

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
good thing we didn't get a gallon like i wanted too.

also echoing sentiments to stay for like a week next year.

^^^ haha yupp XD

Congratz Rory! Patel here, and we had a pretty decent game. Playtesting against Zerowing's team gave me the upper hand because I knew how to beat it.

haha I'm 1-0 against Mighty Ducks :D

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
dm: you didn't exactly help me out for top 16.......
Pssssh, I just mixed those White Russians strong. It's not my fault you sucked each one down in 10 minutes just because they "taste like chocolate milk"!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pssssh, I just mixed those White Russians strong. It's not my fault you sucked each one down in 10 minutes just because they "taste like chocolate milk"!
so thats what i missed out on by not coming back with rory and dubulous......and thats what the milk was used for hmmm. well its not like i drink anyways [although if it tasted like chocolate milk i could have been tempted]

andrea

/me cresselias
Rory you are absolutely amazing. I'm so glad I got to meet you- you rock my purse a whole lot better than I do! And OHMYGOSH the Pizza Button. XD You have like the most adorable smile ever. ^_^

Btw, Groudon is NOT a speed pokemon. Just in case you forgot. ;)

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Team Chaos, rockin Worlds 2010 maybe?????? We need to refine it over a night of NOT pizza and NOT sleepin

It was awesome seeing you again, wish we could have talked longer than 2 minutes, and also congrats on your sucess! :)

I love you too dude, and I definitely agree that that was one of the best moments of the entire weekend. I can't wait to see you again next year. Maybe next time it will be you bulldozing me =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)