Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010 - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that's what you were talking about. XD I get it now.

Yeah, I've never been to Hawaii. That's what I get for coming from India. XD
Is Kona close to numerous beaches or like the coastline or something because that would be perfect relaxation. :P
The hilton Waikilowa village is a resort in of itself. Massage's, 5 star japanese resturant, beaches all along the hotel, and a hawaiian luau every weekend at the hotel.

If you are seriously asking this question, you need to look on google at everything there is to do and enjoy in kona hawaii.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
I want to know how all 3 of you can afford to go to Hawaii just to enter a likely not-very-crowded LCQ :(
Well, they have to pay out the ass for flight and hotel. I have a friend from high school in the Air Force stationed there, so I get a free room for however long I decide to stay. The flight is still expensive as hell though.

Is the hotel itself a 5 star hotel???! :O

Yeah, I'm gonna go look now. :D Since I got a paid trip, I can spend on myself now! haha

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
As a last chance qualifier (for real this time!!) the location sucks for Americans and Europeans given how expensive it is to get there. However, that's really not the point. I mean, I will be rooting for OmegaDonut and the rest as much as the next person (probably a lot more), but the worlds last chance qualifier should really only be for the most dedicated of Pokemon trainers. This prevents people from just showing up because it's an hour away (cali, florida, indy..........) and having a chance to qualify for the WORLD Pokemon Tournament. Unlike Synre, I don't find it insulting that there's a second last chance, but really the only people the location sucks for are those who received an invitation to compete in Worlds but not the free trip.

That being said, give em hell, Donut!

It is very likely I will be at LCQ in Kona, Hawaii as well as one of my cousins. Another one of my cousins got 6th place in the junior division at Nationals so we're just tagging along. Although I do want to restore my honor as a Pokémon trainer from a horrible mistake (accidentally running away) I made at Nationals.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well Suleski I cannot remember what Lauren texted you, but I think it was something about not messing it up this time. That still stands for this!

If there cannot be a "Team" Canada for I am the only competitor then for sure there must be a Team Mike true representation.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Well Suleski I cannot remember what Lauren texted you, but I think it was something about not messing it up this time. That still stands for this!

If there cannot be a "Team" Canada for I am the only competitor then for sure there must be a Team Mike true representation.
:)

I might be atending.
I´m from Germany and may go there,because my sister won the Juniors-Final in Cologne.

Uuuuuggghhhh so I really want to go to hawaii but I don't know if I should drop the $800 on a plane ticket =( Does anyone have any open space in their hotel room? I'm for sure not going to go if I have nowhere to stay.

ARGH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN KONA?!?!! My cousin and his girlfriend live in honolulu, which of course is on a completely different island ._.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hope it's not too off topic, but what do y'all think of the location of the "Very, VERY Last Chance Qualifier"? Are you happy with it because it's an amazing place, or are you unhappy with it because it's too expensive to get there?
I figure they had an LCQ in Japan also, so it's only fair. I don't think us Americans are getting the short end of any stick.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
there is a Good chance i will be attending.
and my little brother is trying to tag along so maybe he will be there too.......if my Mom gives into him and buys his tickets.

I figure they had an LCQ in Japan also, so it's only fair. I don't think us Americans are getting the short end of any stick.

I believe there was some sort of japanese nationals LCQ, but keep in mind that this Hawaii LCQ is as much for Americans as it is for Japanese players. California is about 1500 miles closer to Hawaii than Japan, but outside of that it is about the same distance. I personally have no problem with another LCQ at worlds.

i'm thinking about going...but i'm not sure. i have enough money but i don't know if is worth it...
The only reason I'm going is because I am going on a vacation there anyway. Honestly I really don't think it's worth the money, the exception being those who got top 16 at Nationals.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually I was looking at ticket prices and Hawaii seems to be like half the price it would have taken for me to go to Indy.

Good luck to everyone going. I could not make the Indy LCQ, I'm definitely not making this one. GL to everyone there from smogon, and try to beat Japan in Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)