New OU team tested

I made the team below in about a quarter of an hour, but after the battles i have had, it works quite well. But sometimes my team has some trouble against some opponents.
Would you like to rate my OU team?

The Lead
Lucario "Inner Focus"
@ Focus Sash
Adamant: 252 atk, 4 def, 252 spd
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Extremespeed

My lead. This lead works wonders for me. Common leads can be countered good. Most leads like Azelf, Infernape and Aerodactyl have to choose between stealth rock or doing damage. If they damage me, they won't get stealth rock and visa versa.

The Fire Wall
Heatran "Flash Fire"
@ Leftovers
Timid/Naive: 252 sp atk, 252 spd, 4 def/sp def
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Lava Plume
- Substitute

Heatran' Substitute set, but with Lava Plume over Fire Blast for the 30% burn chance. Substitute on the switch. If the pokemon can't be defeated in a normal way. I use Lava Plume (for burning the foe) and when they break my sub, I switch out. When Heatran is out of fire or sees a blissey. It destroys itself with Explosion. I'm not sure which nature is the best, Timid or Naive, at this moment it's nature is Timid, because i dislike the special defense drop, but Naive would be better for explosion.

The Set-up
Gyarados "Intimidate"
@ Leftovers
Adamant: 156 hp, 72 atk, 96 def, 184 spd
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Always a terrible pokemon. I used the Bulky Dragon Dance set, with Return over Stone Edge and Bounce to deal as much damage as possible even if it isn't a super effective hit. Taunt to stop the opponent from recovering, using status and set-up. Likes opponents that are burned by Heatran or T-waved by Celebi.

The Physical Force
Scizor "Technician"
@ Choice Band
Adamant: 248 hp, 252 atk, 8 spd
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Standard Choice Band Scizor. Pursuit is for ghost's (every gengar i saw fled and was killed). Finishes weaker pokemon with bullet punch and u-turn is for scouting, super power for steals.

Status and Stealth Rock
Celebi "Natural Cure"
@ Life Orb
Modest: 232 hp, 32 spd, 244 sp atk
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Celebi is a wonderful pokemon with this set. It provides Stealth Rock and Paralysis for the team. Can deal a great amount of damage with Leaf Storm and can scout with U-turn. When it comes in for the first time, it uses T-wave first and then it probably must switch out with U-turn. The second time I use Stealth Rock, because the switch-in is already paralysed. Modest, 244 sp atk EV's and Life Orb for as much damage possible with Leaf Storm. The 32 spd EV's for outpacing other Celebi and the 232 hp EV's to stay alive as long as possible.

The Dragon
Salamence "Intimidate"
@ Life Orb
Naive: 16 atk, 240 sp atk, 252 spd
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Outrage/Dragon Claw

It is a suspect these days, but for this team I hope it stays in OU. A mixed salamence (new mixmence) for dealing with (special)defensive opponents. Most of the time Draco Meteor when switching in. And then destroying the opponent with the right move or switch out.

---------------------------------
Threat list
------------
LEADS (all commands are for lucario)

Aerodactyl: CC + extremespeed, it does damage or lay stealth rock

Azelf: Crunch + extremespeed, it does damage or lay stealth rock

Gengar: must switch lucario or put it to sleep, a bit of a problem.

Gyarados: switch-in celebi or gyarados, and hope that it doesn’t taunt me.

Heatran: CC or EQ, it does damage or lay stealth rock

Hippowdon: switch to gyarados, taunt + set-up. Else celebi can be a good counter.

Infernape: Earthquake + extremespeed, it uses fake out and no stealth rock or it uses stealthrock

Jirachi: CC + extremespeed, iron head and flinching does not work, t-wave or fire punch are only irritating but not devastating.

Machamp: use CC + extremespeed or switch to salamence or gyarados (is not tested yet)

Mamoswine: use CC + extremespeed.

Metagross: Earthquake + extremespeed.

Ninjask: switch to scizor and bullet punch him

Roserade: same problem as with gengar, will probably use extremespeed

Smeargle: same problem as with gengar / roserade, because I am faster I probably use CC. If it is scarfed and uses trick, there is no problem.

Weavile: if it has ice shard, I will be killed myself else I will defeat it with CC and extremespeed.

ATTACKERS

Breloom: if the wrong pokemon is in the field, i sacrifice one to sleep and than send celebi or scizor in. they use u-turn, breaking the sub and switch gyarados in for taunt and stop it.

Dragonite: salamence is faster and can kill it easily. gyarados takes not much damage and can setup and return it to fainting.

Electivire: A bit of a problem if it is faster than heatran, else earth power.

Empoleon: Lucario's CC or Earthquake, if heatran has a sub it can earthpower it. and celebi is a good counter (if it isn't physical with drill peck).

Flygon: salamence if it isn't scarfed, and switch in a pokemon that resist its current attack if scarfed.

Gengar: switch scizor in and use pursuit, it probably switches.

Gyarados: Use my own gyarados to taunt it, or use celebi with t-wave and leaf storm.

Heatran: Switch to gyarados or a pokemon that resists the expecting attack.

Heracross: Will switch to Celebi and use U-turn to switch to a pokemon that can take Megahorn and defeat Heracross.

Infernape: Switch to salamence as most infernape do not carry Stone Edge.

Jirachi: if lucario is already beaten, it will be a problem if it is scarfed, because of the 60% flinch with iron head. Without scarf salamence and heatran can beat it.

Jolteon: switch to celebi and use Stealth rock or Leafstorm.

Kingdra: switch to celebi or gyarados, celebi uses t-wave and u-turn/leaf storm, Gyarados uses taunt or dragon dance, because kingdra can’t do much.
Lucario: switch-in gyarados or salamence, than trying to damage it or beat it. If it has around 40% health scizor can beat it with bullet punch as +2 LO lucario can’t beat scizor with extremespeed.

Machamp: probably sacrificing one pokemon and beat it with the next.

Magnezone: celebi can beat it and heatran also has a good chance as modest 252 EV Choice Specs Magnezone can’t beat Naïve 0 sp def EV heatran.

Mamoswine: Heatran can take it, also Gyarados if Mamoswine doesn’t have Stone Edge.

Metagross: I have a problem when it is an agiligross, but else it can be easily beaten by Heatran and slightly less by salamence.

Roserade: Heatran and scizor can beat it.

Salamence: gyarados can beat it and scizor can damage it, but it could be a problem.

Scizor: Heatran is my best bet, but if it is locked into everything but bullet punch, salamence can beat it either.

Smeargle: let a pokemon sleep and beat it after it switched out.

Starmie: celebi survives ice beam and beats it with leaf storm, without thunderbolt gyarados is also a possibility.

Togekiss: gyarados or scizor can beat it. Is more difficult when I get paralyzed.

Tyranitar: switch in gyarados for intimidate and then switch to heatran or scizor.

Defensive Threats

Blissey: Gyarados loves blissey. Taunt and set-up.

Bronzong: Heatran or salamence can beat it with fire moves and heatran resists gyro ball.

Celebi: my own celebi or scizor and than u-turning to heatran or salamence. I must be aware for t-wave though.

Dusknoir: Heatran or gyarados (if it has not thunderpunch) can beat it, as it’s moves are not to effective.

Forretress: Switch gyarados in, taunt it and switch to heatran to take the explosion.

Gliscor: celebi has most of the time an OHKO with leafstorm. Also gyarados can stop it from setting up and baton passing.

Rotom-A: Heatran can come in on will-o-wisp and threaten it with a KO. If it stays in I will be behind a sub next turn.
Skarmory: heatran and salamence can threaten it and gyarados can stop it from using spikes/stealth rock/whirlwind.

Snorlax: Lucario if it is still alive. Else trying to set-up with gyarados or beat it with scizor’s superpower.

Suicune: Celebi’s leaf storm is a clean 2HKO after a calm mind and else it is a OHKO.

Swampert: Celebi or gyarados if it doen’t have stone edge.

Tentacruel: Celebi can threaten with leaf storm and gyarados can set-up on tentacruel.

Vaporeon: Celebi can threaten it an gyarados can set-up.

Zapdos: Celebi can paralyze it, then use u-turn to heatran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)