Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010 - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the compliments! PokemanMaster, I'll still need luck to win it, because I'm pretty certain the big winners of the tournament are a) skilled people and b) lucky enough to beat out the other equally-skilled people.

My picks to make it in the LCQ:

- Trench Kamen
- WaterPokemonMaster and\or HagridTwin
- zerowing (if he comes)
- xerograde
- sister of the Junior National Champion (she had the unfortunate luck of facing xerograde 1st round in Phoenix, and me at Nats LCQ; she engineered his winning team)
- imperfectluck (if he uses a less silly lead than Jynx\Wobbuffet!)
- drcossack or ultimatedra
- myself
dang i wish i had said i was going to see where i stack up :(.

Don't worry, I'm officially not going now =( Noob driving (protip: changing the song on your ipod while turning is a bad idea) led to me incurring a large unexpected loss, coupled with my parents' hesistancy to let me go to Hawaii alone, has dashed my hopes. If anyone wants to discuss strategy and/or practice, I would love to help.
wow so sorry to hear :(, when you first said you may be going to worlds i was like "sweet atleast i get to meet tad38 again if i dont make the cut in the worlds LCQ]".
next year :).

My status is actually looking decent now, I forgot I had won $350 from fantasy football last year (that I haven't gotten yet), just want about $100 more and I'll be good money-wise. The only other problem as of right now is if I'll be in New York or California when Worlds does roll around.
zerowing i managed to miss you at seattle and getting a second chance to meet you at nationals just wasnt meant to be, woot for 3rd chances. but seriously, glad to hear its looking good for you, i hope you make it :).

PS:
I'm considering attending just for the pleasure of haxing out OmegaDonut. However, I would need to find living accomodations.
i am now in the same boat as IPL, if someone who is going to worlds wouldnt mind rooming[or helping with living accomodations] please PM me :). after i see what the total of the whole weekend is going to cost me i will make the decision :).

Thanks for the compliments! PokemanMaster, I'll still need luck to win it, because I'm pretty certain the big winners of the tournament are a) skilled people and b) lucky enough to beat out the other equally-skilled people.

My picks to make it in the LCQ:

- Trench Kamen
- WaterPokemonMaster and\or HagridTwin
- zerowing (if he comes)
- xerograde
- sister of the Junior National Champion (she had the unfortunate luck of facing xerograde 1st round in Phoenix, and me at Nats LCQ; she engineered his winning team)
- imperfectluck (if he uses a less silly lead than Jynx\Wobbuffet!)
- drcossack or ultimatedra
- myself
You're a very very smart man, but that's not a smart pick.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Says Mr "I went to 3 stops before qualifying for Nats."

<3 Team Mike. Unfortunately, Worlds LCQ is only top 8. I get the feeling that doesn't bode well for us.
Says Mr "I didn't even go to a stop" to Mr "Qualified for Nats AND Worlds"

rory

T^T
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guys what is wrong with cossack is he some kind of moran or something

also good luck to all lcq players! do america proud

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Team Mike's official pokemon for LCQ: Movie Promo Entei. Go.
I will find a way to make it work. I wish his physical movepool wasn't complete shit though.

guys what is wrong with cossack is he some kind of moran or something

also good luck to all lcq players! do america proud
Just a little early shit talking...but I still don't like Bluecookies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
HAHA OMFG rory you somehow got that epic nationals moment as your avatar wtf. love it though.
also glad to hear you finally found a way to hawaii :).
here is to hoping i make it too :)

I'm positive you will maintain your spotless 0-0 record for VGC this year drcossack. 3 stops is nothing in a game of luck when it ends in a free trip with paid hotel and a spot with the elite 49 players in the world. Good thing you've got other plans besides playing in worlds cause you won't be in it.

drcossack

I'm positive you will maintain your spotless 0-0 record for VGC this year drcossack. 3 stops is nothing in a game of luck when it ends in a free trip with paid hotel and a spot with the elite 49 players in the world. Good thing you've got other plans besides playing in worlds cause you won't be in it.
Game of luck = waaaaaaaah, my teams sucked and I lost early. Ever hear the phrase "create your own luck" by chance? I'm guessing you haven't.

As for my spotless record: At least I didn't waste all my $ on the regional qualifiers like you did. Besides, I have a life outside of Pokemon. I'm in two local bands and I've had parades and concerts on the days when VGC tourneys happened. Forgive me for putting those ahead of a video game tournament.

As far as the LCQ: I may lose round 1, or I may make top 8 of it and get to play in Worlds. Who knows. One thing I do know, however, is that I will thoroughly enjoy my week on the island.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Continue this epic battle on your DS ;o

But if I can say a word, I don't think going to 3 qualifiers is "a waste of money".
Some players have more dedication to this game than others, and you know what ? They might actually like it, travelling to faraway places, meeting people sharing the same interests, playing to a game they like....

Continue this epic battle on your DS ;o

But if I can say a word, I don't think going to 3 qualifiers is "a waste of money".
Some players have more dedication to this game than others, and you know what ? They might actually like it, travelling to faraway places, meeting people sharing the same interests, playing to a game they like....
This is 80% of the reason why i go - to meet and greet with other players and fans, and travel the USA, even the world when i get 1st place :-P

I lose 4 rounds in - of course i am upset, but i got to travel and meet some awesome people along the way!

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Continue this shit and I will make it rain infractions on drcossack's profile.

My brother got the paid trip in juniors so as his "adult companion," I will be entering this. Good luck to everyone else from smogon!

I think you are all forgetting the most important thing. Its just a game. You guys are fighting over a game. Maybe to some, going to three regionals isnt too much, honestly I would not do it though I would enjoy it. All that means is that you are dedicated to the game and wanted to have fun traveling and did not have other plans. It is also perfectly acceptable to have other plans that come first. I'm sure everyone knows of something else that comes before a game, to cossack its his band. By you guys fighting over whether 3 regionals is too much or whether having other plans is not dedicated to the game, is as stupid as saying that your own opinion is right and the other person's opinion is wrong. You are entitled to your opinion about dedication to pokemon and should not argue with someone for having a different opinion. I say this because im tired of logging on thinking a new important post is on this thread and its just argueing over a game lol. call me selfish

Whaa why does nobody think I will win the LCQ??

Seriously dudes I am really cool at pokemon. I uh need to kind of prove this I guess. But when OmegaDonut is of the opinion drcossack will do better in the LCQ than I will, this is kind of an issue.

So yeah guys, I will own the LCQ hopefully. Don't y'know think I will fail at this. :3

drcossack

Whaa why does nobody think I will win the LCQ??

Seriously dudes I am really cool at pokemon. I uh need to kind of prove this I guess. But when OmegaDonut is of the opinion drcossack will do better in the LCQ than I will, this is kind of an issue.

So yeah guys, I will own the LCQ hopefully. Don't y'know think I will fail at this. :3
Well, he and I are both members of Team Mike, so his picking me is natural. Of course, with my luck, we'll have to battle before top 8. I want to avoid a "two Mikes enter, only one leaves" situation though.

also: remember not to lose to un-EV'd teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)