Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

This post serves as an easy to find location for the various videos designed to serve as tutorials to those who wish to abuse the 4th generation RNG. These are put in order from what I feel is most basic to most difficult

DPPt:

Calibration Phase by Bearsfan092

RNG Abuse for Shiny Eggs by thetorsoboy

RNG Abuse for Legends by Bearsfan092

RNG Abuse for Eggs: Part 1 by Bearsfan092

RNG Abuse for Eggs: Part 2 by Bearsfan092

HGSS:

RNG Abuse for Legends/Regular Pokemon by Bearsfan092

RNG Abuse for Shiny Eggs and IV's by Bearsfan092

If you feel there is an RNG video that should be added here, PM me with a link. No low quality films please.

Enjoy!

I learnt how to RNG using those videos and I don't have an Action Replay. What should you use it for? There are other means to check your SID or the IVs.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Action Replay only lets you check the IVs without a calculator. It's not necessary.

I need help. This is while using the seed finder for Pokemon Diamond. Every time i enter the stats and click find, it always tell me to check my time and date. I've checked it many times and i found out that i entered the right date and time. And there is no issue with the 12/24 hour clock thing because that is the first thing i checked. Can someone help me please?
You might be trying to abuse a very high delay, and RNG Reporter's seed finder only search for delays up to 3600.

So I have a problem... I traded away my hatched togepi in HG without ever showing it to professor oak. Does it have to be that particular togepi, or can I show him any togepi in order to use the calling oak seed verification?

Search thread seems to be overloaded at the moment, but this is in the second post:

The Red Gyarados is generated by the same algorithm used to generate chained shinies in DPPt. Version 7.50 and later of RNG Reporter lists the spreads, but not necessarily the correct frames they appear on.

As a side note, it is possible to figure out your SID in HGSS very easily. This can be done by catching multiple Gyarados and recording their IVs and nature, resetting after each time. Putting these spreads into RNG Reporter's Chain to SID feature will reveal your game's SID.

As for the actual frames, I don't know. It's probably not safe to assume it starts on frame 1. I'm not aware of other information beyond using the chained shiny method.
The thing is I don't know the algorithim used for chained shinies in DPPt. That is the problem. They don't seem to have any mention of that.
EDIT: I found a seed that gives the spread that I am looking for, I just don't know what frame it should be on. It says it should be on frame 308 when I put in the seed.

I have my SID in Emerald, so I should be able to get some shinies from that game. In RNG Reporter, when I put my ID and SID in and click "Shiny Only," it gives me results for Method 1 (stationary legendaries) and Method 2 (wild pokemon). These frames match up for both methods, or course, but the IVs are different. Also, when I go to Emerald Breeds under Method, it gives me no results.
When breeding, if I hit the same frame as my Method 1 and 2 shiny frames, will the egg be shiny?

I need help. This is while using the seed finder for Pokemon Diamond. Every time i enter the stats and click find, it always tell me to check my time and date. I've checked it many times and i found out that i entered the right date and time. And there is no issue with the 12/24 hour clock thing because that is the first thing i checked. Can someone help me please?
Be sure that your external clock and DS' times are exactly the same.

I'm trying to get to delay 2794, but I don't know if it's me, I don't know if it's pika timer, but I've been to every adjacent delay from +6 to -6. DOes anyone know a good guide to reach high delays with emloop? Or something else?
It was PikaTimer. The subrotines were making it inaccurate.

So I have a problem... I traded away my hatched togepi in HG without ever showing it to professor oak. Does it have to be that particular togepi, or can I show him any togepi in order to use the calling oak seed verification?
It has to be that Togepi. If you can get it back, even for five minutes, you'll be able to get that conversation with Oak accomplished and then be able to give the Togepi back to the person who has it now.

Hi,

I have been trying to use RNG in HGSS for shiny egg.

The target is careful, female (12.5%), any ability.
The seed I was looking for is : 99090320 2010-07-09 09:40:50 (delay 550) at frame 10, which supposely yield PID-51CD440E. (which is indeed shiny for my ID/SID)

Using Pikatimer I was able to reach this seed. Verified with Elm call & roam route.

steps:

- entering game (saved inside daycare)
- going into pokegear, map, verified 3 roamers in their corresponding location
- going into phone, called Elm 6 times for EKPEPE, verified seed is at 99090230. (calling 6 times + 3 roamers to advance frame to 10)
- deposited both parents (no held items)
- went outside , cycling till egg appeared

with the above steps it returns me an egg of the PID 2FDEA7C0. Jolly nature. Attempted 3 times, each yielding the exact same PID. All verified with elm call & route.

Any pointers on where I might screwed up?
Does calling elm not advance the frame for egg PID?

Thanks so much
As to your second question, without knowing how many roamers you have, I can't be sure of how many calls you need to do to advance to your target.
Neither Roamer positions nor Elm calls advance the frames for shiny eggs.

I'd suggest putting a delay of 900 or so into Emloop and running through it a few times while verifying your seed *by catching a Pokemon* until you can hit one or two delays consistently. Then, take that delay and subtract it from the delay you used in Emloop. You will need to add the result to your delay each time you use Emloop for that cart.
This works for high delays, too, though depending on your computer speed you might need to adjust a bit after hitting an adjacent instead.

Hi,

I have been trying to use RNG in HGSS for shiny egg.

The target is careful, female (12.5%), any ability.
The seed I was looking for is : 99090320 2010-07-09 09:40:50 (delay 550) at frame 10, which supposely yield PID-51CD440E. (which is indeed shiny for my ID/SID)

Using Pikatimer I was able to reach this seed. Verified with Elm call & roam route.

steps:

- entering game (saved inside daycare)
- going into pokegear, map, verified 3 roamers in their corresponding location
- going into phone, called Elm 6 times for EKPEPE, verified seed is at 99090230. (calling 6 times + 3 roamers to advance frame to 10)
- deposited both parents (no held items)
- went outside , cycling till egg appeared

with the above steps it returns me an egg of the PID 2FDEA7C0. Jolly nature. Attempted 3 times, each yielding the exact same PID. All verified with elm call & route.

Any pointers on where I might screwed up?
Does calling elm not advance the frame for egg PID?

Thanks so much
I have also tried rejecting 9 eggs and taking the 10th, (rejecting 6 eggs and taking the 7th...in case the roamers made any difference). Both failed.....

I'm really not sure where else it could've been wrong....
(I have sapphire GBA game inserted to help reach the even delay....if that made any difference for shiny PID...) Without the cart i always get 549 or 551.

Elm does not advance the frames for shiny eggs. He's only good for catching and verifying if you land on your delay. For advancing egg frames, you must call Joey.

hey i have a doubt about npcs, im trying to catch a salamence but there's an npc that i cannot fight but it doesn't walk he just turns around in the same spot ,does that affect my frame at all?

I'm having some issues with encounter slots. My seed is 52140289. I'm trying to catch a hex flawless Machop for breeding in Diamond. I picked Mt. Coronet (Rt 211 entrance) because there aren't any NPCs there. According to the chart, Machop is on slot 4 for Sweet Scent in a cave/grass. I hit my target delay of 640, I advance the frame to 90, and then use Sweet Scent to bring it to 92. According to RNG Reporter, that should bring up a Pokemon on slot 4. But, it always says "There appears to be nothing there." This has happened five times so far. What I am doing wrong? Note: GBA Emerald is inserted.

I'm having some issues with encounter slots. My seed is 52140289. I'm trying to catch a hex flawless Machop for breeding in Diamond. I picked Mt. Coronet (Rt 211 entrance) because there aren't any NPCs there. According to the chart, Machop is on slot 4 for Sweet Scent in a cave/grass. I hit my target delay of 640, I advance the frame to 90, and then use Sweet Scent to bring it to 92. According to RNG Reporter, that should bring up a Pokemon on slot 4. But, it always says "There appears to be nothing there." This has happened five times so far. What I am doing wrong? Note: GBA Emerald is inserted.
Make sure you're standing in an area that actually has wild Pokemon in it, and not right at the entrance either. I know it sounds strange considering you're in a cave, but it happened to me when I was in front of one of the pillars in Turnback Cave, and it's pretty much the only reason you should be getting that message.

Anyway, now for a question of my own:

For those people who've successfully RNG'd wild Pokemon in Emerald, about how many frames do a Sweet Scent from Oddish or Tropius add? It'd be even better if I could get a link to a chart with all the viable Sweet Scenters and their frames, but I'm mainly interested in those two since they're the ones I have readily on-hand.

I've had this happen to me. I can't explain it. I checked the date and time on the DS and RNG Reporter. When the project fails to get a seed or adjacent delays consistently despite everything, I change the date of my RNG entirely or I change the seed.
When this happens, you have to use Metalkid's IV calculator and use the Seed finder with the exact IVs of the caught pokemon.

Kiddu, I've been using an Oddish in my Emerald game and Sweet Scent seems to take around 4.5 seconds. I would really recommend using a synchronizer with it though. Using a Synchronizer I managed to hit 2 shiny spreads within 5 or 6 tries.
If I hit a shiny frame when collecting an egg from the old man in Emerald, will the egg be shiny?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)