Rate my... Battle Frontier Team!!!

Hi this is my team I plan on making fo the Battle Tower/Arcade/Castle (When I can afford Leftovers). Is it any good? As I don't want to waste time RNGing if it won't work.

The Lead:
FrostyObama the Abomasnow

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 140 Attack, 116 Special attack, 252 Speed
(IVs: 30 Attack/Special Attack/Special Defence/Speed)
Moveset:
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Hidden Power Fire

Moves explained:
Abomasnow is here to set off Hail, and hopefully take something down with it. Blizzard is a 120 Base Power Stabbed move that is 100% Accurate in Hail. Wood Hammer is also 120 Base Power STAB, and hits on the physical side. The Recoil is a non-issue, as it is a suicide lead. Earthquake gets rid of Steels that resist FrostyObama's STAB combination. Hidden Power also helps with type coverage.

EV's and Nature Explained
The Given EVs allow Abomasnow to tie with positive natured base 115 pokemon such as Azelf and Raikou and still pack a punch. Defense is lowered to prevent a compromise in attack or special attack.

Other:
Snow Warning is very useful to break sashes. Other move that could be used include Hail (incase I come up against another Weather inflicter Tyranitar/Hippowdon) and Hidden Power Fighting (to KO Tyranitar)

The Wall:
IceBlock the Walrein

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
Nature: Bold
EVs: 220 HP, 252 Defense, 36 Special Defense
Moveset:
Protect
Substitute
Toxic
Surf

Moves explained:
Walrein is here to last for 32 Turns, causing 200% Hail Damage. Alternate between Protect and Substitute to prevent the opponent from hitting you. If an opportune moment arrives (for examle they miss, or fail to break your sub), you can increase the stall with Toxic. To prevent being walled by Taunters, and to give an attack if needed is Surf, which gives good coverage and STAB.

The Given EVs are there to Maximise Walrein's defences, should it need to take a hit.

The Cleaner:
Shockwave the Raikou

Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Rash (Unfortunately
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special attack, 252 Speed
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Weather Ball
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball

Moves explained:
Raikou is Left to KO what your opponent has remaining. Thunderbolt is the Reliable STAB, complemented almost perfectly by Weather ball (In hail it is a 100 Base Power Ice type move), meaning Only Lanturn stands in the way of neutral coverage. Oh Wait, how about another unresisted attack combination, like, ummmm... Aura Sphere and Shadow ball! Aura Sphere always hits, so smashes any Double teamer's face. Shadow Ball rounds off the coverage.

The Given EVs allow Raikou to Sweep to the max. Max Speed allows Raikou to outrun as much as possible, and max special attack allows him to hit hard. The Specs just add to the pain, seing as it shouldn't have any need to switch moves). Unfortunately, in order to get Weather ball and Aura Sphere, we have to sacrifivce a Timid Nature, and go wih Rash, as that is what the event comes with.

Others:
Hidden Power Grass could be useful instead of Shadow ball, as it has better super effective coverage, and Shadow ball is not required for neutral coverage (unless hail is stopped)

Please feel free to comment and suggest improvements!

-It's not a bad team.

*It's the only thing that I can think of, but you could try Super Fang and Brine over Toxic and Brine. Super Fang take half of your opponet's HP, and Brine's power is doubled when your opponet has less then half HP left. It could reduce the need to stall for so long. Possibly saving Sub and Protect PP.

-That's all I can think of. Hope I've helped.

while choice specs is great on raikou,you should consider a life orb despite the 16 percent health loss per turn. It would suck if raikou were to become the last man standing, locked into aura sphere, against a ghost... Or thunderbolt against a ground... Etc.

while choice specs is great on raikou,you should consider a life orb despite the 16 percent health loss per turn. It would suck if raikou were to become the last man standing, locked into aura sphere, against a ghost... Or thunderbolt against a ground... Etc.
Maybe, although, I should KO 2 Pokemon with walrein, and Aboma May KO something.

-It's not a bad team.

*It's the only thing that I can think of, but you could try Super Fang and Brine over Toxic and Brine. Super Fang take half of your opponet's HP, and Brine's power is doubled when your opponet has less then half HP left. It could reduce the need to stall for so long. Possibly saving Sub and Protect PP.

-That's all I can think of. Hope I've helped.
I don't plan on running Brine, but I think Super fang is a good idea, I will replace surf.

if no one replies, that means you have an amazing team, which you do. All I can say is be careful around fighting moves.
Thanks

Anyone have any Idea on dealing with sandstorm?
Would Sacrificing Raikou and then re sending out Aboma be the best idea?

Having 2 choice users in a 3-man team is quite risky.
You want to avoid being locked in t-bolt facing a gliscor while you can switch attacks using life orb and kill it with weather ball with quad damage.

ok i was thinking instead of LO you need the following item Chesto Berry and the following move: Rest.. and the pokemon that it needs to be on is walrein

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)