World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Muslera is not a bad keeper, obviously people exaggerate when it comes to players they are less familiar with, i have seen him in the Calcio and he was definitely having a bad day, if he was like this all the time like you guys make it seem he wouldn't be their first keeper.

I think you guys are using the term "horrible" when you should be using one more along the lines of "lesser skilled than the other top 4 teams' keepers". Yes he made some mistakes, but to say he's a "horrible" keeper is a gross exaggeration. You and I are horrible keepers. Forlan is a horrible keeper. Muslera has to show alot of skill to be starting consistently in world cup matches.
Suarez is a great keeper though.

I cannot believe I have to fucking work at 4pm tomorrow.. making me.. like always.. only being able to watch till halftime.

Well Paul was right in 6/7 of his predictions in the European Championship in 2008 and he's currently 6/6 in this World Cup... Do you see where I'm going with this?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
My review of the world cup. So far.
So The World Cup has come down to the 2 European teams.

:peace:

Spain vs Holland

I am rooting for Holland.

This is how it went down through the World Cup for me.
I was rooting for England and Portugal.
England- Great squad, big names, have always followed them.
Portugal- One man show- Cristiano RONALDO! along with other people- Deco, Heldger Postiga, Ricardo Calvarho and Pépe

Group C: Brit Invasion (USA.)
So first game.
USA vs England
1-1
Thoughts:
Robert Green was bribed and he sucks. England lacks goalkeepers.

England vs Algeria
0-0
SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
'nuff said

England vs Slovenia
1-0
Meh, it was an OK game. By then I was frustrated with England and pretty angry at them to be honest. They were playing like India (no offence)

In the meanwhile:
Group G: The Group of death, rightly named. Brazil. Portugal. Ivory Coast. North Korea.
I mean Kim Jeung Il would shoot them - bad pun.

Portugal vs Ivory Coast
0-0
It was a good game, looking at it tactically, since 2 good teams were playing, but otherwise it was bad.

Brazil vs North Korea
2-1
MAICON
MAICON
MAICON
I was pissed :mad:

Portugal vs North Korea
Want to see how to play football?
7-0
Up till now, Game of the World Cup, easily.
They FINALLY played as a team.

Brazil vs Portugal

Most overated matchup
I knew it was going to be disappointing
0-0
I thought Portugal would play for the draw and Brazil would not play
and what happened?
10 Portugese players played for the draw and one played for winning- CR7. It was sad watching Ronaldo not having anyone as support.

Round of 16
I expected sparks flying and tons of stuff happening but no.
A dissapointment.

Germany vs England
4-1
Only one thing went through my mind at this point. FFF, Controversy.
Yes.
I knew England would loose, they just couldn't play well.
Game started and WHAM Germany score.
2 min later, WHAM England score
England score one more- NOT ALLOWED?WHHAAAT?
REF BLUNDER?
FIFA YOU SUCK
England would've actually won if that goal was allowed. Actually!
But that goal destroyed their morale and they lost.

Spain vs Portugal
Big game, big names, good game.
1-0
It was sad
Same review as Portugal vs Brazil.
Nobody to support Ronaldo.

That was the end of my teams.

And this is where things change...:goof:
I was dead impressed by Germany at this point and I knew Holland had an easy way to the finals, so I was rooting for them both, especially Germany.

Argentina vs Germany

0-4
PWND

Semis:
Spain vs Germany
1-0
I was expecting Germany to win.
But again.. Spain lucked their way through.

FINALS
Hollland!!!

Other interesting stuff
:bounce:

Paul the octopus- Its just another Octopus that picks the box on its left.
Spain aye? I have a feeling Oranje is gonna prove you wrong.

Waka Waka- Good song.
South Africans- Well Played guys, it was a good goal against Mexico!

Vuvuzelas- They're awesome.

Paul the octopus- Its just another Octopus that picks the box on its left.
Actually, I've read he was a social experiment by a German student. One of the shells would be rotten, the other fresh. The student just predicted the result, and then put the flags and shells accordingly. How she predicted Germany to lose in the group stage, I'll never know. Can't find a source this quickly right now though.

De Jong should have been sent off, seriously. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?
FLYING CHEST KICK

terrible challenge but i imagine the ref just doesn't want to be sending people off in the final.

not a great match so far, uruguay / germany was better and it'll probably stay like this for the rest of the match

boring first half so far but its kinda expected since its the finals and both teams want to play safe

Netherlands are playin abit... rough ,though.. that flying kick should be a reason to send him off.

What did you expect? Every final is like that. Noone wants to concede a goal so they won't go all out offensively. It'll probably be a one goal match...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ref is doing a good job keeping the match under control. Yes there have been lots of challenges early, but the mounting yellow cards will come into play later, forcing players in jeopardy of reds to be more cautious. I think the second half will be much better, with the score going from 0-0 to 2-1 within a span of only 15 minutes (between 56' and 71' is my prediction)

I think you guys are using the term "horrible" when you should be using one more along the lines of "lesser skilled than the other top 4 teams' keepers". Yes he made some mistakes, but to say he's a "horrible" keeper is a gross exaggeration. You and I are horrible keepers. Forlan is a horrible keeper. Muslera has to show alot of skill to be starting consistently in world cup matches.
Keep in mind that the ONLY reason I'm calling Muslera an horrible keeper is because QuimicVital said, some days ago, that Julio Cesar was an horrible keeper. Now, if Julio Cesar is horrible, because he failed in one of the goals Netherlands scored against Brazil, then Muslera must be the worst keeper in the World.

Get it? Not that I really think he is that bad. It's because of the irony in the situation.

damn, this looks like it could go to penalties. i like watching them but i dont like a team losing by them so hopefully it will be decided in extra time

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
edge of my seat here, I so hope well score one this half hour but im guessing penalties

Man, now I'm really rooting for Spain. I don't like the way Netherlands is playing this. De Jong should've been sent off for that flying kick in Xabi's chest. Van Bommel, again, should've been sent off too.

They are forgetting football and playing kung fu. Spain is playing better, but are having problems on the last touch, like it happened during the whole World Cup. I'm starting to think that Torres could decide this game.

Finally, one red card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)