World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

All hails Paul!!!

For the record, Van Der Wiel deserved the yellow. He grabbed Iniesta's foot with his hand, look closely.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ah well, to bad, but webb was a horrible ref imho :P

wouldve rather had that japanese dude that did brazil vs netherlands

norulz

excellent
how is THAT a change of topic?

the octopus has been mentioned more than the world cup itself

anyways spain won, rightfully

robben missed that 1on1 chance against casillas and that pretty much came back to bite him in the ass, if he had chipped the ball above the goalie, it would've been beautiful, and effective

netherlands, like most of the matches, was sneijder + robben, rvp was barely noticeable and to be honest heitinga is terrible.

after conceiving the 1-0 that raging attempt to score a goal from the kickoff made me lol

i was rooting for spain so i guess im happy, i hate iniesta though so im not too ecstatic he got the winner but k.

decent world cup in the end, I was expecting a more intense final but what can ya do

I aint too big on Iniesta either but he totally deserved that goal imo.. imo the best player of that game.. it'll be either him, Xavi or Forlan to be picked as the best player of this WC..

Spain deserved that win.

How was he horrible? To be better, he should've sent some folks of Netherlands off before.
Because spain made it look like an Olympic diving competition. There were times when the dutch players, if you looked on replay, didn't even touch the spaniards.

Not to mention in the 20 seconds before spain scored, holland should have 1. gotten a corner off that free kick that deflected off the wall 2. should have gotten a free kick for the 2 guys sandwiching robben juts outside the box. keep in mind, this was 5 seconds before spain scored the winning goal, with 2 minutes left in the extra time. the play where they scored would have never happened had the ref not made two blatantly incorrect calls right before.

I think the Man of the Match should be Howard Webb, and Iniesta should get an oscar for his beautiful acting.

I aint too big on Iniesta either but he totally deserved that goal imo.. imo the best player of that game.. it'll be either him, Xavi or Forlan to be picked as the best player of this WC..

Spain deserved that win.
What? Iniesta wasn't the best player. He didn't play that good, not as good as he usually plays anyway. He was average at best.

Edit: Completely agreeing with the above post.

gg Spain. Complain about the referee all you want (he wasn't too great...on both sides), the Dutch messed up too many passes to deserve this. Robben could've done it twice but didn't. :(

Nintendo of Europe totally should have a Wi-Fi event today distributing Future Sight Octillery.

LOL

Post of the World Cup. Anyway, Van Bommel shouldn't have seen the second half, then. Robben should've be sent off for shooting after the whistle. De Jong brutally kicked Xabi in the chest, a blatant aggression. The referee made mistakes? Yes, but some of them favoured Netherlands, so stop the whinning.

Iniesta hasn't even been spain's best player of the tournament, let alone best player.

Schweinsteger>Villa>Forlan>Sneijder>Ozil>Mueller>Iniesta for player of the tournament imo.

LOL

Post of the World Cup. Anyway, Van Bommel shouldn't have seen the second half, then. Robben should've be sent off for shooting after the whistle. De Jong brutally kicked Xabi in the chest, a blatant aggression. The referee made mistakes? Yes, but some of them favoured Netherlands, so stop the whinning.
You are just bitter after The Netherlands won the match against Brazil. If you were even close to objective, you could see that:

1) Iniesta deserved at least 2 yellow cards for diving
2) Van Bommel didn't do anything after his yellow card
3) The Netherland had nothing in favour of Webb
4) The Netherland received cards, where Spain got nothing for comperable fauls

The only thing that I can say is that Blatter got the world champion that he wanted, because Webb surely got some kind of bribe. That or they should take him to an eye doctor

Don't complain about missed calls. Regardless of the outcome of them, Spain played the better game plain and simple. Granted, Spain was lucky that Robben didn't score, but that's besides the point.

The Ref missed some calls against Spain, yet also missed some pretty big calls against the Netherlands. One half dozen one or the other.

Robben didn't dived once, then? lol
Robben is just as great of an actor as Iniesta is. And, in case you don't know (since you haven't posted in this thread until now) I was rooting for Netherlands against Uruguay, and again today, until they forgot how to play soccer and started distributing kicks against their opponents.
Van Bommel continued kicking spanish players during the whole game, and at least two of those deserved a yellow card. De Jong should've be sent off on his FIRST aggression, because that was just an aggression, not a foul. You can't complain about the referee, when a player just forget the ball and kick someone in the chest.

Sneijder commited at least five fouls, before the referee even thought about giving him a yellow card. Come on, the one who isn't objective is you, who were rooting for Netherlands. I was neutral to this game, and even wanted Netherlands to win, as you can see at least 5 pages back. I think they were starting to deserve it, considering they lost two finals already.

Now, it's three, and they are totally at fault for that. Robben had the game at his feet twice, and missed. To bad for them.

LOL

when I crit your 4% celebi with explosion, yeah, there was luck. and when you come back to win the game by critting my salamence with crunch after draco meteor misses in the same turn, there was luck. whose luck was more important?

same applies to refereeing. most of the hard fouls got booked accordingly. the only one that i caught that didn't was the little kung fu kick, which arguably could have gotten a straight red. the amount of calls (or lack thereof) that went to spain greatly outnumber the ones that went to the netherlands. additionally, spain's goal, the very thing that decided the game, was due in large part to multiple bad decisions by the ref (in which case, had he made even one correctly, the goal would not have happened).

however, you've proven in this thread that arguing with you is more difficult than defending a spaniard without him flying 10 feet, so I may as well give up now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)