Official "I found a bug/have a suggestion" thread (PokeDex)

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
when using the plugin I did a search "adv: mew" and got the try entering something a tad less random message

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One of two things would really help with the tier lists.

Allow the Pokedex to be sorted first by x then by y, and have a potential x be tier.

Another option is to have the tier list have each tier title be a hyperlink to a sort of mini-pokedex page. So you have the current tier page, that lists them all, in case you just need to check if Pokemon X is UU, but you can also use the mini-dex page to search for all NU Pokemon and then sort them by speed or whatever.

Ingame, CB sleep talk doesn't work as it is on netbattle. Ingame, say Zapdos is asleep with cb, if it uses sleep talk, it would pick a random move but it will ONLY stick to that move. so if sleep talk picks Hidden Power Fighting first, then it picks something else like tbolt, the game would say "But It Failed!". And if you pick CB sleep talk even before you were put asleep, it will always say "But It Failed" during sleep. This doensn't happen on netbattle though; sleep talk picks whatever move even with CB.

Also, I noticed that rapid spin can still be removed even if the enemy has a substitude on. I tested this with a wild ditto in emerald after it transformed to my claydol. I send in skarm and put some spikes, I sub, but then it used rapid spin and it removed spikes. In netbattle, this doesn't happen as sub ALWAYS blocks rapid spin. Just posting his cause I noticed some stuff ingame and I wanted to know if they were glitches by Nintendo or if its a bug here on netbattle.

http://www.smogon.com/rs/moves/

Flail is missing from this list
Extremespeed 80 5 100% An extremely fast and powerful attack. - Faint Attack 60 20 - Draws the foe close, then strikes without fail. - False Swipe 40 40 100% An attack that leaves the foe with at least 1 HP. - Flail - 15 100% Inflicts more damage when the user's HP is down. - Flame Wheel 60 25 100% A fiery charge attack that may inflict a burn. 10% Foresight - 40 100% Negates the foe's efforts to heighten evasiveness. - Frustration 102 20 100% An attack that is stronger if the Trainer is disliked. -Well, its there for me.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For some strange reason, moves are sorted by generation created first, alphabetically second. So it goes RBY moves alphabetically, GSC moves alphabetically, ADV moves alphabetically.

Posting to point out that Firefox 2 now has a VERY NEAT mechanism to auto-detect custom search engines using the OpenSearch protocol (Wikipedia itself already takes advantage of it).

The best of all is that it's IE7-compatible as well.

The search bar should appear on every page. For now, it only appears on the main page and forums. It gets really inconvenient for people like me who have to keep clicking back to search again.

Also, didn't there used to be a Smogon toolbar? Whatever happened to that? It'd be a real convenience to have it again.

edit: Oh wait, the search bar does appear, but at the far far top right corner. IE sucks.

I know a lot of the dex entries need updating, and I think the best way to go about it is to make a thread and assign groups of pokemon to various people (ie: one person gets pokemon 1-49) for them to check through and make corrections as necessary.

Hmm... I cannot use multiple pokemon of the same name.

A popup with the following message appears when you load the said team:

"[Pokemon Name] is a duplicate, You have a [Pokemon Name] already. [Pokemon Name] has been removed from the team.

Last time I checked... people were free to run up to 6 of the same pokemon in the series/games.

In the advance movedex, the move Beat Up is simply not listed. For that matter, neither are Absorb or Aeorblast. This is odd since they have pages and appear in analysises.

Under Tiers, when I click the link to Electabuzz, it sends me to a page where the url has "eletabuzz" instead of "electabuzz".

Not trying to be a prick, just spelling.

http://www.smogon.com/rs/articles/psychologicalwar

The psychological warfare article has some spelling and grammar mistakes.

Achilles Heel is spelled "Achilles Heal", over predict is spelled "overpredict" and unforeseen is spelled "unforseen". A few grammar mistakes, such as "then" being used when "than" should, and "more sneaky" instead of "sneakier". I am sure spelling does not matter too much, nor grammar, but surely it must bring a little bit of good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)